* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#21631 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8691 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Ah, screw it.

I have four coupons left. If anyone needs help getting a game, lemme know. I'll only ask for the price after discount.

#21632 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Enslaved link isn't working from the EC landing page. Guess I'll wrap up up my EC coupons with that when it starts working again and Thief in the Shadows pack.

link

Sleed neep.

#21633 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Enslaved link isn't working from the EC landing page. Guess I'll wrap up up my EC coupons with that when it starts working again and Thief in the Shadows pack.

Try this...

Are you guys using this link?

#21634 targetbsp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

targetbsp

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Seriously, which one should I buy??

• Ace Patrol Pack
  • Legacy of Kain Pack
  • Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition
  • Tomb Raider
Never had a harder decision my whole life. And the clock is ticking...

Tomb Raider

As a TBS fan I love Ace patrol but the games are dirt cheap anyway in sales from GMG or something.

#21635 keisukehonda   Keisuke CAG Veteran   57 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

keisukehonda

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Looks like we have a clear winner here. However, a lot of people found it disappointing and from what I saw, the control is pretty much console-esque, which I really hate (tapping buttons repeatedly is silly). Also keen on the Kain thing...

There's quite a bit of QTE, especially at the beginning. However, the gameplay and controls are generally very good, and the combat was much better than I expected.

#21636 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Tomb Raider, fool.

76561197996799113.png

#21637 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Looks like we have a clear winner here. However, a lot of people found it disappointing and from what I saw, the control is pretty much console-esque, which I really hate (tapping buttons repeatedly is silly). Also keen on the Kain thing...

The only reason I've found as to why some people found it dissapointing is that it wasn't an exact copy of the original games.

#21638 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

looking to get Enslaved + Inversion pack and Dark Souls when it goes live, if anyone has any EC coupons left and would like to help please pm me.

nosey little fucker arent ya?

#21639 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

By the way, anyone knows what happens with DS when GFWL shuts down?

tumblr_inline_myt852tqmq1qiy5vp.jpg

No way to play it with an offline account??

Activision can suck a dik.

#21640 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

I just find this somewhat ironic.

Random CAGs at the start of the EC sale: Get the pitchforks 'n torches, we're gonna git Tony and string him up along with EA guy.  Burn it all down!

Random CAGs at the close of the EC sale: Does anyone have any EC credits left?  I'm all out and want to buy moar games.

Sleed neep.

#21641 asheskitty  

asheskitty

I am thinking of getting Naruto as well but would that make me a fake CAG?  :-k

Well it's not so much fake CAG as much as no one in the hardcore CAG clique will be able to talk to you.  You'll have the shame of having to eat lunch alone or with the posers.  It's not a pretty thing...

...or you could just say Fuck it and I'll garrote whomever buy whatever I please.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#21642 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Spoiler

And so predictable.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#21643 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

No way to play it with an offline account??

Tis a joke. You can play it 'offline'.  Only online interaction will be lost if GFWL is not removed.  

Sleed neep.

#21644 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20141 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

These end of month deals have been pretty awesome.  I'd like to thank no one but myself.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#21645 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8691 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Random CAGs at the start of the EC sale: Get the pitchforks 'n torches, we're gonna git Tony and string him up along with EA guy.  Burn it all down!

Random CAGs at the close of the EC sale: Does anyone have any EC credits left.  I'm all out and want to buy moar games.

Eh. I have enough bad karma on me. I figured I'd better let other folks use these. I -did- exchange one of my coupons but then I felt bad about it. So...

Two coupons left.

Incidentally, if someone wants to split a Hitman pack, I only need Blood Money and Silent Assassin out of it, if you want to make a deal.

#21646 ChelseaGrinK   CAG Observer CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChelseaGrinK

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

Random CAGS at the close of the EC sale: Does anyone have any EC credits left.  I'm all out and want to buy moar games.

Well i have to agree with you. For this sale I only got 3 coupons as i though it would be enough but in the end I was needing 3\4 more coupons. Next time if Tony does this kind of promotion i'll try to grab some more coupons. And yes maybe this EC sales was not a killer or very much exciting to everyone (to me it's always a good deal if makes me save more bucks), but it seems that everybody got a game or two that they wanted.

#21647 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5603 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Obligatory post for each page: Enslaved + Inversion Pack (non-404 URL)

Who cares what random people on the internet bought in a horrible sale but here's an Inversion key 6R9QN-Q5HQ2-4PCTI

I'm personally always glad to see what people bought. I find it interesting. I also don't think of the regulars in this thread as random people. Perhaps that's the difference?

So, what are the Mac gamers using the $5 code on???

There were lots of Mac deals, you just need to check Steam to see if a title is Steamplay (Mac/PC). In fact, Defense Technica (Mac version) was cheaper than the PC version and it activated on Steam for both.

#21648 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7620 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Ended up getting Enslaved bundle just to use a coupon this sale hahah. I stand by the fact that there really wasn't that much worth while, but a large reason is because I own too much already haha

Either way I think I have 2 more coupons left if anyone needs some help. Or a suggestion if there are any games that come out to just about a dollar that I could try 

#21649 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

I'm personally always glad to see what people bought. I find it interesting. I also don't think of the regulars in this thread as random people. Perhaps that's the difference?

Being a regular on an anonymous internet forum doesn't make one any less random. "This is what I bought guys, look at me, aren't I cool?" posts are just silly and any sane person is going to scroll right past them. Do you live vicariously through other peoples Amazon purchases?

#21650 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2227 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

I ended up talking myself out of more purchases than I bought.

My meager haul:

Lords of Football

Burnout Paradise Vehicle Pack

Ace Patrol Pack

I have Dark Souls and Enslaved for PS3 and think I will just play them there for now since my backlog is ridiculous.  Most of my coupon earning purchases were for DLC that I actually wanted so I don't feel like I wasted any money in December.  Well,  no more than usual when it comes to padding my backlog.

Thanks for the deals Tony even if I didn't take advantage of them!

#21651 3check   World Builder CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sweet, I almost forgot about this.  Got Hitman Absolution for $2.70 after tax.  Pretty cool.  A month ago I thought there was nothing for me but I Kinda want to snag Enslaved bundle as well.  Any CAG have an extra coupon they are not going to use?  I would love to be able to get Enslaved and Inversion at that price.

#21652 gigaislam   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

gigaislam

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Look, the perople complaining about not being able to activate Inversion are using a phony address to buy something in a region they're not supposed to be buying in. We get it. Like 80% of the regulars at Reddit Game Deals do it and regularly boast about it. It happens. Don't pretend it's on the up and up with the address thing though. Amazon is clearly indicating they only sell to residents of the US and everyone knows it. A lot of people don't care but the whole 'Oh well I have my aunt's uncle's sister's cousin's babysitter's once removed shipping address and it's legit' argument is a bit lame.

If someone is buying outside of their region when a store clearly indicates this then it's their responsibility to check for region locks. The store is not going to tell you that the item is region locked to Europe or where ever because they are not supposed to be selling there anyway.

As an aside, for those that are going to continue to do this I suggest in the future you check in at http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/new/ since that site is primarily European (while CAG is largely North American) and they regularly discuss this sort of thing openly (in front of the Amazon rep even :roll:) so you can find out there easily if something is region locked by the number of complaints and people saying they are using VPNs to fake a region to activate to Valve's servers a game that they bought with a fake address all while the European Reddit mods allow this talk to freely go on.

Seriously, go to Reddit next time.

once again I am not having a problem and I always buy from amazon and never had an issue so it is not about me and ,I understand your point but what if someone bought a lot of games during a visit to the states?and you didn't know that Amazon sellers makes deals with some some shipping couriers all over the world?

It wont hurt anyone if Amazon include this info in the product details like the voltage and frequency details in the electronics devices as it might not work everywhere 

I feel sorry for people who bought it and they should take care in the future and yeah complaining wont do anything 

#21653 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Amazon is giving away a bunch of premium travel and weather Android apps today. Useful to the CAG who occasionally leaves the house.

#21654 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Being a regular on an anonymous internet forum does make one less random. "This is what I complain about guys, look at me, aren't I cool?" posts are just silly and any sane person is going to scroll right past them. Do you live vicariously through other peoples Amazon bitching like me?

I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement.

:-

Sleed neep.

#21655 MnemnocH   Cupcakes! CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

The only reason I've found as to why some people found it dissapointing is that it wasn't an exact copy of the original games.

They dont like it because Lara's boobs is smaller in the newest TR.

3dMark                                                         Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   855108.png

#21656 Evrain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Jokes aside, that game left my jaw on the floor. The visuals were astoundingly spectacular. That didn't ease the pain for Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun though.

I will personally kill whoever scratched it in favor of that blasphemous f2p. You heard me, SE, I WILL KILL YOU ALL! *rages*

#21657 Thermopyle  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

My EC purchases:

Inversion + Enslaved

MP3 + LA Noire

Thief in the Shadows pack

GTA Trilogy

Crysis 3

Crysis Maximum Edition

Syndicate/Saboteur

I already had so many of titles on the list, so I still have 5 coupons left. Kind of bummed about that. Was hoping there'd be a Steam sale hitting today for something on the EC list, but alas, no luck there. 

Thermopyle2.png

#21658 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement.

:-

Except the scroll past part?

#21659 Endrju   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

How about they don't like it because it's filled with shitty QTEs and because another unique franchise was made into a shooter by greedy publishers? There are no good 3d platformers anymore, first PoP went to shit and now TR became a TPShooter.

#21660 sch0oldaze   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Wanted to publicly thank Foxhack for hooking me up with the Enslaved/Inversion deal.

76561198027093342.png