* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

#24931 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

But what if she's getting ready to ask you what kind of pie or sandwich you want her to make? =0

Nice try, but we all know what happened last time man took food from a woman.  

#24932 The Singularious   CAGny & Lacy! Oooh. CAG Veteran   425 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

The Singularious

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

But what if she's getting ready to ask you what kind of pie or sandwich you want her to make? =0

Afraid to hit like for fear of reveal later while running for office. Sarcasm and satire are so lost in politics.

#24933 The Singularious   CAGny & Lacy! Oooh. CAG Veteran   425 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

The Singularious

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Nice try, but we all know what happened last time man took food from a woman.  

Okay, now that's fair game for a like! ;)

Man, do we need another deal from Tony (or whoever took over and had to clean up the sucralose from all over his desk).

#24934 spoderman  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

What the hell are you people talking about

#24935 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

How white chocolate is superior to dark chocolate.

#24936 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

Something you know nothing about... women.

#24937 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

How white chocolate is superior to dark chocolate.

2euq5gk.jpg

#24938 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

tumblr_mrwxzgF7GE1sg5yyoo1_500.gif

#24939 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5803 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

Hey. I kinda dig that. Reminds me of early Fiona Apple...sort of.

It's kinda melancholy, so it has somewhat of the same feel of some of her songs, but Fiona is by far a superior songwriter and a better singer to boot. It lacks a lot of the feeling and emotion that Apple brings out in her songs. 

#24940 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

<snip>

Why do I feel I've seen this somewhere else recently...

#24941 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Why do I feel I've seen this somewhere else recently...

tumblr_mrdw3nOXsc1snlxf9o1_500.jpg

Spoiler

#24942 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

I have no idea what you're alluding to.

19177812_400x400.jpg

#24943 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Tony

#24944 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time...

Cheers,

Tony

tumblr_lgr0k80NVc1qbvj6vo1_500.jpg

Seriously though, congratulations and thank you for all that you have done for this community.

#24945 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Cheers,
Tony

tumblr_mo8u4vQuLQ1ssbq4vo1_500.gif

#24946 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Cheers,

Tony

2010-coins-movie-scott-pilgrim-Favim.com

#24947 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

47091395.jpg

#24948 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26781 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Seems contextually appropriate...

Spoiler

<3 this girl's music.

I'm just saying.

Really liked both her Born to Die LP + Paradise EP.

#24949 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26781 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hey CAGS,

Cheers,

Tony

@Tony AKA T-Money

Damn, T-Money....You're gonna get this Cylon and Toaster all choked-up and stuff. I don't know - can Cylons and Toasters cry? Man, I wish you the best in your future endeavor at Amazon! I'm gonna miss all the posting and crazy deals you and Amazon DVG concocted. We had some great times here! Hope to keep seeing you pop-in + chat here!

@Josh AKA J-Money

So, now - hey Josh! J-Money, welcome to the CAG Party! Hope you're ready to drop some killer and often groundbreaking deals like Tony did! And, oh yeah - we also expect lots of awesome deals, off-topic chatter, code-drops for games. :D

#24950 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Cheers,

Tony

When is the 1C Bundle going live and when are those indie bundles with Mars: War Logs coming back?

j/k

Congrats on the promotion Tony!  

#24951 spoderman  

gKKOYff.jpg

#24952 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Amazon rep requirements for posting on CAG:

1) Thick skin

2) Sense of humor (morbid helps)

3) Mascot (pet or otherwise) as tool to distract/deflect/divulge

4) Thick skin

5) Ability repeat oneself

6) Ability to withstand repeated items

7) Thick skin

8) Be one with the meme

9) Fluent in tebonics (no longer a requirement) 

10) Thick skin

#24953 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

Congrats on the promotion Tony!  

Not to be a dick, but it sounds like a demotion.

Okay, there was no way of saying that that didn't make me sound like a dick.

#24954 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

@Tony AKA T-Money

@Josh AKA J-Money

I see you spend a lot of time and thought when you delve out nicknames

#24955 Kyanos   Big Kitty CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

Hey CAGS,

Cheers,

Tony

I've never been very active in this thread posting-wise, but I did appreciate everything you did/put up with. Thanks for all your hard work and good luck with your new position! :D

#24956 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Running the loyalty program for Kindle users a demotion?  Me thinks you may be underestimating how popular the Kindle is versus Amazon's Digital Video Game store.  

#24957 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

For the record his real nickname isn't MysterD, it's M-Money, but he doesn't like to go by it because it just sounds like he's stuttering.

#24958 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Haha thanks for looking out :). It is a massive promotion.

Cheers,

Tony

#24959 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8922 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Running the loyalty program for Kindle users a demotion?  Me thinks you may be underestimating how popular the Kindle is versus Amazon's Digital Video Game store.  

Say wat?

I didn't see anything about Kindle in his post, just a loyalty and rewards program and "Amazon coins". If he said he was the new manager of the Kindle store and all that, I can see how that would be great. Amazon coins? I don't know man.

It's hard to see how being the manager of a new, possibly terrible rewards system would be a promotion over all of the commission from heading the entire digital games market on Amazon.

Haha thanks for looking out  :). It is a massive promotion.

Cheers,

Tony

Well that settles it. Congrats then.

Be sure to come back once a week (or daily, that works too) to code drop with all that new moolah.

#24960 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3867 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

Just to be clear, I gave him the name T-Money way long ago.  We'd have to go back into the threads to confirm it, but it's probably my only accomplishment on this forum and I'm not going go give it up, consarnit!