Can't Miss Gamecube Games?

ColFantastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I didn't play Gamecube when it came out. Don't know why, just never came about. I'm remedying  that now and going back to hit some of the top Gamecube games. Problem is I don't know what those games should be...

What would you suggest as the can't miss Gamecube games to play? Thanks.

I would recommend...in no particular order.

Legend of Zelda Windwaker

F-Zero GX

Pikmin 1 + 2

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

Metroid Prime 1 + 2

Warioware Inc.

Super Mario Sunshine

Mario Kart

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Tales of Symphonia

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Resident Evil 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Monkey Ball was awesome with that controller - pretty much every other game in the series for any other console sucks ass though.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Super Mario Sunshine

F-Zero GX

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Star Fox Adventures (Don't care what anybody says, this is a solid game. Just not a Star Fox one.)

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

These are also highly recommended, but have better releases on other consoles (Or will soon, in Wind Waker's case)

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (I'm assuming the Wii U version will be superior, but the original is still really, really good.)

Resident Evil 4  (Wii or HD version is better)

Metroid Prime 1 + 2 (Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii is probably better, but it's rare now, so you might be better off getting the GCN games and then just Metroid Prime 3 on Wii)

I agree with all the games so far... every Mario game, Rogue Squadron, Chibi Robo!

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door was the best of the series.

Here are some not mentioned:

Skies of Arcadia

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

Sonic Heroes

yes, those are all Dreamcast ports, but they got enhancements on Gamecube and were better.

Also, Soul Caliber with Link as a playable character was unique

Cool thanks for the suggestion guys! Keep 'em coming. I think I'll start with Star Wars and some of the Nintendo exclusives, probably Pikmin and a Mario title. I figure I'd catch up on Gamecube games before I take the plunge on a Wii U. I appreciate the responses. Thanks again.

Here are some games others have not mentioned already

Viewtiful Joe

Soulcalibur II

Beyond Good and Evil

Wave Racer

Ikaruga

Phantasy Star Online I&II

My new list...

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

F-Zero GX

Super Monkey Ball

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Chibi-Robo

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Star wars: Rogue Leader

Animal Crossing

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Sonic Gems Collection (9 old Sonic games on one disc)

Sonic Mega Collection

Zelda

GODZILLA!  DESTROY ALL MONSTERS!  MELEE!

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom is my favorite hidden gem. You have to be a unique king of nerd to be into it though; Like Yu-Gi-Oh, Turn Based RPG's, and RTS games. But it was a brilliant game imo.

The problem with Falsebound Kingdom is that it drug on way too long... it did not feel like a Yu-Gi-Oh game, but instead a generic RPG with the Yu-Gi-Oh characters dropped in.

It's great that you liked it and had fun. I just didn't want people to buy it expecting it to be like the Yu-Gi-Oh DS games (or even the TV show) and be disappointed.

Zelda Collectors edition,Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, Cubivore.

I can't believe I left out Resident Evil 4, I would vote 1 million + times for it. The only game I have ever played through more than 10-15 times... Reminds me I should go buy it again of PSN.

Here are some that were not mentioned or I missed.

Kirby's Air Ride

Luigi's Mansion

Pokemon Colloseum

Pokemon Xd

Batallion Wars

Custom Robo

Mario Parties( 4, 5, 6, 7)

Mario Sports Games (Tennis, Golf,  Strikers, Baseball)

Donkey Konga 1, 2

DDR Mario Mix

Gameboy Player (If you have a GC)

Star Fox Assault

Non-Exclusives

Beyond Good & Evil

Killer 7

Ikaruga

Megaman X Collection

Megaman

Megaman Anniversary Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal arms is by far the best multiplatform game on the GC. I mean like BGaE good

Metal arms is by far the best multiplatform game on the GC. I mean like BGaE good

I know this is an old thread - but seriously, Pacman VS. Get yourself a GBA + connector cable & play it. Totally worth it.

bread's done
Back