* * * - - 41 votes

Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

#10441 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

Seems my disc drive is crapping out.

Tried to pop in Diablo III that I got on clearance at Target and it won't load. Popped in Battlefront and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 and same thing. Multiple times and nothing. No errors, just the drive makes a few beeps and stops spinning.

GTA V, though, I've tried it twice and both times it's loaded fine. (I guess if one game works...) May try Halo 5 later, it's the last game I played on disc.

Guess I'll be picking up State of Decay 2 on digital.

#10442 Renegade Moose   The cake is a lie. CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Renegade Moose

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

Seems my disc drive is crapping out.

Tried to pop in Diablo III that I got on clearance at Target and it won't load. Popped in Battlefront and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 and same thing. Multiple times and nothing. No errors, just the drive makes a few beeps and stops spinning.

GTA V, though, I've tried it twice and both times it's loaded fine. (I guess if one game works...) May try Halo 5 later, it's the last game I played on disc.

Guess I'll be picking up State of Decay 2 on digital.

Try cleaning the rollers. I used a q tip with alcohol on mine. Shove it in the drive do it trips the sensor and wipe it back and forth across the rollers as they move. Now my discs load fine. From what I've read the rollers get dirty and won't pull the disc in far enough to seat it properly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

#10443 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Ahh, FYI March Update is out. It adds a revised UI (taking away the current game being windowed to increase performance on the home screen), beam support built in, achievement tracker PiP, & a co-pilot control option thingie.

#10444 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14232 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Took 17 minutes to download and install for me. Update is around 966MB.

#10445 Navex  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

I know this probably a crystal ball question but based on their history for anyone who has done their trade-in programs on new consoles, do you think Gamestop will have their best trade-in deals for an Xbox One for the Scorpio when it first launches or should you likely be able to get some kind of decent trade-in incentive for it within the first 6 months of its release? I'm not sure I'll be financially stable at the time of the Scorpio's launch plus I always prefer to hold out on getting first release consoles anyway but if the best trade-in deals are when they first launch or any deals for doing it at all take place then might have to.

#10446 RBK  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

I wouldn't even bother trading it in, the OG Xbox Ones are going to have a very low resale value with GameStop most likely.

#10447 Strength&defiance   Dreamer, philosopher, poet - or an idiot as my partner calls me CAG Veteran   85 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Strength&defiance

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

I went back home this past weekend to visit family and dusted off my old consoles from storage (PS3, 360, Wii and PSP). Looking through my old gaming library I was reminded of how awesome that generation was. Some classics I want to replay are Red Dead Redemption, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Vanquish, Bayonetta and lots more. 

#10448 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:39 AM

New stuff in the latest UI update coming soon, out for preview members. What do you think?

#10449 bear489   Can't stop the signal. CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

New stuff in the latest UI update coming soon, out for preview members. What do you think?

Im in the preview and got the new UI for a week now. Like everything new took some time to get use to but it's nice. Also seems to be alittle faster and easier to move around. I wish I had known bout the bulk move cause I just moved 4.4TB from one HD to another the other day. That would have saved me so much time!

#10450 SpartanSniper83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

SpartanSniper83

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:55 AM

Sorry if this is against the rules, I normally don't ask for codes and I know it's a long shot but I'm looking for a Dead Rising 3 tribute pack dlc code that came with the day one edition

#10451 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

Someone explain to me why you can't upgrade the Xbox One's internal hard drive?  Connecting an external hard drive is a decent compromise, just seems like more clutter to me.  Would have loved to see what a solid state hard drive in an Xbox One could do.

#10452 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

Most likely to work with not voiding your warranty opening up the case and having the possibility of customers messing up their xboxes compared to just adding a new hard drive via USB. If you have a 8TB HDD in both USB slots you can have up to 16TB of storage. I think you're good there. I've heard of people putting a SSD HDD in an inclosure via ext HDD solution. Haven't looked into that as I'm sitting pretty with a 6TB HDD with plenty of space now.

#10453 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:42 AM

Someone explain to me why you can't upgrade the Xbox One's internal hard drive?  Connecting an external hard drive is a decent compromise, just seems like more clutter to me.  Would have loved to see what a solid state hard drive in an Xbox One could do.

Who knows. Probably the same reason you cant safe mode boot the system or factory reset the system unless its on the most current system OS.

#10454 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:33 AM

can we gameshare on our one? 

#10455 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

can we gameshare on our one? 

http://bfy.tw/FBdk

Yes

#10456 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11927 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Wrong thread. Meant to post it in the X thread.

#10457 Troe123  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:51 AM

This is a little late but I have seen people claim being able to change the internal. You just void your warranty.

Also, there’s a reddit thread comparing SSD performance vs. standard on the X1X. The gains for SSD didn’t seem worth it.

https://www.reddit.c...nal_hdd_for_an/

#10458 CarlosHicks  

CarlosHicks

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:49 AM

I have recently bought forza motorsport 7, really a great game.

#10459 macontosh2000   Dirty Scumbag CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

macontosh2000

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

I am hoping this is a common thing but want to make sure it is before I advance.

I just bought Assassins Creed Origins and when I place it in my Xbox the title shows up as Assassins Creed: Nctokn (the N’s are reversed). Once I start to install it, the weird word becomes origins. I am assuming the weird word is just origins in another language, but it is weird they would do that.C7EE3FFA-275C-4634-BFB2-496C1AA67F32.jpeg

#10460 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

I have recently bought forza motorsport 7, really a great game.

How does it compare to 6?

#10461 Navex  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:02 AM

Anyone offchance know what kind of trade-ins Xbox 360s go for these days at places like Lamestop? Or how much you can sell them for on eBay? Regarding the latter I know how to filter the searches to see the latest selling rates but I'm more interested in what kind of price I can slap on one to get it sold immediately aka a good cheap price. It's the original 360 that had an internal HDD and you couldn't swap it out for another like the newer ones.

#10462 RBK  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

There's no way PUBG requires 6TFLOPs to unlock it's graphical prowess. There's almost little to no difference playing it in 4K on the One S.

#10463 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:36 AM

I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me. I have been experiencing a very weird problem with my XBox One X. This problem started a few months ago (probably around the beginning of September). Let me state beforehand that I really only play one game, which is Destiny 2. When this problem began surfacing, it was always saved to the internal hard drive. I noticed the problem starting with intermittent sound drop offs while I was playing Destiny 2. Eventually, if the sound drop off did not rectify itself, the game would freeze. I would be able to quit the game and restart it, but eventually the issue would reoccur. At one point, I decided to completely delete all Destiny 2 content from my hard drive and do a reinstall. This reinstall, for some reason, took over 8 hours, and I still encountered the same problem. A few days after that problem started, I would get an issue when I was playing where the game would stop, and I would get a pop-up that said "Problem reading Destiny 2 content. Please restart the game." Sometimes I could play the game for hours without encountering this message; sometimes it would not even make it to the character selection screen. If I did not immediately hit the Home button and quit Destiny to the main XBox menu, the game would freeze and upon trying to restart the game would force a reinstall, which would again take several hours to complete. While the game would be reinstalling, my XBox would pretty much be useless. I couldn't move anything. The menu would freeze, be slow or just unresponsive. I would try to do hard restarts on the XBox to see if that would help. Sometimes the XBox would turn on, and I would just get a gray screen. Then, I would have to hard reset again. Sometimes the XBox would turn on, and within a few seconds, it would just turn itself off again. I would then unplug the XBox, wait a few minutes, and try again. Yet, I would still encounter slow or frozen menus. I tried all of the YouTube/internet fixes like clearing the cache and deleting locally saved games. None of these fixes seemed to help. I even tried installing Destiny 2 offline first and then going online to download all of the updates separately to see if this would solve any of the problems, which, again, it did not.

I finally decided to try and reinstall the game to an external hard drive, and like a miracle, this seemed to solve all issues. Everything was fine for a few weeks until Christmas when my son got Overwatch. When we went to install it, the system automatically tried to install to the internal hard drive. All of the previous menu freezes, gray screens, and other issues returned again. Once we put the game on the external hard drive, again like a miracle, everything seemed to clear up. In the time being, my wife purchased me a new XBox One X for Christmas. Since it is such an expensive system/gift, I am reluctant to just open the new one and dispose of the old one. I looked everywhere online but this problem does not seem to have been documented by anyone else. I really don't want to keep the old one and be dependent on an external hard drive if there is something internally wrong with it. Again, I don't want to give up on it either if it can be remedied.

These are things that might or might not be relevant to this issue, but I figured we would go with full disclosure to see if someone could help me.

*Both Destiny 2 and Overwatch were disc-based games and not digital downloads.

*My console is hard-wired to the internet with a Verizon Fios 100/100 connection, with which we have absolutely no issues.

*On my original XBox One, I was a member of the XBox preview program, but it did not seem like that transferred over to the XBox One X system.

*My wife is making mention that I inadvertently stored a Weight Watchers digital scale on the shelf below the XBox One X shelf. The concern in me mentioning that is whether the scale has a magnet that emits some sort of force. The scale was removed from the shelf around the same time I downloaded Destiny 2 to the external hard drive. So my wife is convinced that this was the true cause of the problem. The scale was no longer anywhere near the XBox One X when Overwatch crashed upon the attempt to install it. However, in all of her "expert" knowledge about scales and XBox systems, she feels that the scale fried the internal hard drive.

I apologize for the long-winded question/situation, but I am hopeful that one of you can lend your expertise to our problem to help and solve it.

#10464 Oldtimer001   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Oldtimer001

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

@ajh2298, that's quite a lot of info there. Gonna be honest it can be a numebr of issues. I, personally have had issues that were caused by a bad Internet cable and simply changing it for a new one or connecting by wifi solved the issue. I have also had issues where my internet looked and ran great for everything connected to it except my console (console draws a lot of data so it can be a sign that the internet could be the issue). The last time I had issue where Destiny 2 would give me similar issues as you I ended up having to get my ISP to swap me out a new modem and it solved my issue. It could also be that the console itself is having issues. If you have a warranty I would bring it in ASAP and exchange. If not, I would suggest Microsoft customer support. I hope it's an easy fix for you either way. Good luck.

#10465 Tyler!  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

Customized and ordered this from Microsoft. Pretty cool I think, I almost made the bumbers white colored. I think it would've looked nicer that way TBH. What do you guys think of it?

wUBpYPu.jpgCM4s1zo.jpgONt9PwG.jpg

#10466 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

This might be a dumb question but I’ll ask anyway.

Is there a reason my Ultimate Xbox Live subscription won’t transfer over to my sons Xbox One? I have his console set as the home console and it seems he is able to share the Xbox live gold with no issues. I even made my console the home console again before switching it back to his thinking it would carry over but it did not. I went as far as trying to purchase the $1 Ultimate straight from his console but it over gave him one month at $1 and it clearly says the next month will be $14.99. If anyone can give me a answer or point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#10467 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7023 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:31 AM

It should work exactly like Gold sharing. If your account is set to his console being the home console, that should be it. He doesn't need to purchase anything on his account. He would have access to your games library, to Gold, and to Game Pass.