New 3DS LL Eevee Limited Edition for $274

This should go in the regional section if ANYTHING, I have never heard of this site, and no way can $275+Shipping be considered a deal.

This should go in the regional section if ANYTHING, I have never heard of this site, and no way can $275+Shipping be considered a deal.
It is. Considering this is exclusive for the Pokemon Centers in Japan and its very limited AND its selling on eBay for over $400.

The website is Legit. They have their Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/Nippon.Yasan

And heres someone that ordered a PS Vita from them
http://psindependent.com/threads/heres-my-order-from-nippon-yasan.13455/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that is great for ebay, however this section, bar very few exceptions, is meant of deals from the united states. The system is not region free, we can get a XL on sale pretty much whenever for over $100 less, and the fact that we would have to import it, meaning the $275 is NOT the final amount. So if the item requires importing from japan like this, and is close to $100 more then any CAG would really want to pay for.

Damn if I liked the this design I'd be all over this, I need a 3DS LL for all them games that will never get localized.

Well that is great for ebay, however this section, bar very few exceptions, is meant of deals from the united states. The system is not region free, we can get a XL on sale pretty much whenever for over $100 less, and the fact that we would have to import it, meaning the $275 is NOT the final amount. So if the item requires importing from japan like this, and is close to $100 more then any CAG would really want to pay for.
I disagree. This section is for general knowledge of deals that may or may not (YMMVs) include everyone. This website does ship to the US, therefor, it is in the right section. A collector (there are many on the forums) will probably appreciate this thread. Also shipping is only about $22.

I actually like this design and would get it if I had not purchased the SMT IV LL.   the earth tone and stripes works imo.

and nippon-yasan is legit, I got the SMT IV LL and the Toukiden Vita bundle from them and received them faster than I expected.

Love Eevee, if it werent for damn region locks id be all over it. So instead ill just save up for the inevitable X and Y XL console we get

I actually like this design and would get it if I had not purchased the SMT IV LL. the earth tone and stripes works imo.

and nippon-yasan is legit, I got the SMT IV LL and the Toukiden Vita bundle from them and received them faster than I expected.
I really wish that SMT IV LL had come stateside.

Looking at some pictures (and an unboxing video), it's got some class. Unfortunately, it's not for me.

Can't believe Nintendo region locked the 3DS, ridiculous. I'm still in the hunt for one of these limited edition ones. 

Anyone got any discounted shipping codes for this site? 

The website is Legit. They have their Facebook Page
Oh, they have a Facebook page? They must be legit then since you can't just make one of those. :rofl:

Seriously though, it's really a crime that Nintendo decided to region lock the system after the DS was free and open. Even more so when NA has gotten the worst color and design choices since the GBA/GC.

"A Deal Is A deal"!

If an item is going for one penny less than the standard going rate, I consider it a deal. There are way to many members here who want to say, what's good and what's not. Leave that to the MODS.

Thanks OP!

"A Deal Is A deal"!

If an item is going for one penny less than the standard going rate, I consider it a deal. There are way to many members here who want to say, what's good and what's not. Leave that to the MODS.

Thanks OP!
Hmm, I judge thee to be unworthy. Be gone underling! ;)

I disagree. This section is for general knowledge of deals that may or may not (YMMVs) include everyone. This website does ship to the US, therefor, it is in the right section. A collector (there are many on the forums) will probably appreciate this thread. Also shipping is only about $22.

The problem is how finite and limited the appeal would be. You're talking about a system that lacks the ability to play region free, so you're paying $300 dollars for a system that requires you to either import all the Japanese games you want (which goes against the nature of this site for many people) or display it without ever touching it.

This has to be the rarest 3DS SKU, its only sold in the pokemon store in japan.
I hope this is sarcasm since the Pikachu and Charizard ones were the same... though Char you had to win a raffle.

Do you import games/figures from Japan?
I'm guessing no.

The website is legit.

I purchased/received a few items from them just fine.

I also have the upcoming Phoenix Wright LE with the awesome figure preordered with them.

If this deal should be in the regional section (maybe...possibility), it will be due to the Region Locked issue with the 3DS (boo.. Nintendo)

I'm still trying to figure out who thinks this resells for over (or even at) $400?

Most completed listings where going at about $349-$360 with two at $399 and one at $419.

I can understand the appeal to someone who does collect but don't make it sound like this is an amazing deal because you'll be able to easily turn it around for a profit.

Well there are some people that like to import and collect. Thats why I posted it here. For me is a deal because is the cheapest I could find online. Unless you go to Japan to get one. 

But yeah its Region Lock.

If this thread is bad-placed feel free to move it or delete it. 

Well there are some people that like to import and collect. Thats why I posted it here. For me is a deal because is the cheapest I could find online. Unless you go to Japan to get one.

But yeah its Region Lock.

If this thread is bad-placed feel free to move it or delete it.
Not that it matters but I don't have a problem with you posting this here. Actually in all honesty I like these type of posts because I come on CAG for more then just straight up deals on consoles, games, accessories etc.

I like deals on merchandise and swag and the occasional import I just don't think the resale value should be a stressed factor in your post. Because there are people on this site that will buy anything if they believe they can resell it, even for a marginal profit and I just don't think this item would be worth importing to resell.

I like deals on merchandise and swag and the occasional import I just don't think the resale value should be a stressed factor in your post. Because there are people on this site that will buy anything if they believe they can resell it, even for a marginal profit and I just don't think this item would be worth importing to resell.
Nobody stressed the resale value and nobody mentioned flipping it until you. The eBay price was a response to grumpy gus claiming $275 can't be considered a deal. I have nothing against flippers or people who get banned from multiple retailers for buying too much, just don't assume everyone thinks exactly like you.

Well that is great for ebay, however this section, bar very few exceptions, is meant of deals from the united states.
Feeling a little xenophobic today? Someone better nuke the Play Asia thread.

The problem is how finite and limited the appeal would be. You're talking about a system that lacks the ability to play region free, so you're paying $300 dollars for a system that requires you to either import all the Japanese games you want (which goes against the nature of this site for many people)
People on CAG don't play imports? That makes me sad.

Bottom line: Find this cheaper and we can agree this isn't a deal. Otherwise, it's simply a deal you're not interested in. If you talk about 'finite" appeal, where do you draw the line? A PSP game that took couple months to get 2,500 preorders? A niche JRPG that has limited appeal? How "finite" is "too finite"? My guess is your definition of finite is conveniently what you're not interested in. For someone who wants to play Japanese 3DS games, the only option is to import.

People on CAG don't play imports? That makes me sad.

Bottom line: Find this cheaper and we can agree this isn't a deal. Otherwise, it's simply a deal you're not interested in. If you talk about 'finite" appeal, where do you draw the line? A PSP game that took couple months to get 2,500 preorders? A niche JRPG that has limited appeal? How "finite" is "too finite"? My guess is your definition of finite is conveniently what you're not interested in. For someone who wants to play Japanese 3DS games, the only option is to import.
Some do, many / most don't.

Unlike the other things you mentioned (a PSP game that can be played on US machines and made many people excited and niche JRPG's that seem to be fairly popular with the people around here), this is only a deal for those looking for a special edition 3DS LL (you can score a standard one from Play-Asia for $220 before shipping or the special Monster Hunter 3G [no special design!] for $10 dollars more. For those looking to be REALLY cheap, you can score a mint one from AmiAmi for $190 before shipping) and have an interest in playing whatever Japanese games we don't get or simply want to display it / collect it. Sure this falls under a deal I don't care about (that can really be said of most things), but I don't think I am making a leap of faith that this item (a specially designed LL for $80+ more than a normal LL system) and requires you to import everything to have any sort of use for it, is a lot more niche than any other deal posted here.

Region locking media is stupid. Never understood it in the first place. Why sever off what little potential import sales you may have?

Nobody stressed the resale value and nobody mentioned flipping it until you. The eBay price was a response to grumpy gus claiming $275 can't be considered a deal. I have nothing against flippers or people who get banned from multiple retailers for buying too much, just don't assume everyone thinks exactly like you.
I'm assuming you can read and type because you're posting on CAG (although who knows) but eBay was mentioned at least twice PRIOR to me making my post.

Paying OVER MSRP for a region locked IMPORT and then stressing it is a GOOD DEAL because it goes for over $400 on eBay is not just misleading it is incorrect.

Or am I missing something?

My friend at gamestop stated that we would get the Pokemone X/Y 3ds xl bundle so not all is lost.  Its in there system but when I checked 1 week ago it wasn't available for pre-order.  If you haven't seen em, they look pretty badass too.

I always find it funny about threads such as this which would probably die quickly and quietly because of it is so niche had it not for the forum deal police arguing about the merits of it...

I always find it funny about threads such as this which would probably die quickly and quietly because of it is so niche had it not for the forum deal police arguing about the merits of it...
Honestly, I think it's interesting because there are a lot of valid points to be made...

OP should have mentioned that the 3DS is region locked. No matter how well known something is, there is typically 1 person that asks or wonders, plus it would remove all doubt in some peoples minds.

The people saying it should be here forget how niche it really is and how quickly it dies. Look at the Toukiden Vita topic. That was a solid deal ($280 shipped for a special edition Vita and game, which IS region free), but it still died / was forgotten in a few hours.

The region people have a point, since this deal will not appeal to most (95%+ of CAG) and will quickly be pushed to later pages.

I have bought many items from Nippon Yasan and I can say they are half and half with shipping because of the boxes they use, they are rather weak when they can be using japanese postal box which is sturdy.  their return policy is almost at zero. 

i only use them if i can't find it anywhere else.  

in other words pricing from them isn't bad

their shipping is not really quality all the time, only sometimes

they have lousy reply rate

i would use them as a last resort for collectible items. 

fyi, Japanese postal does ship batteries now, if you're in USA, limit to two items and batteries not being naked.

Look at the Toukiden Vita topic. That was a solid deal ($280 shipped for a special edition Vita and game, which IS region free), but it still died / was forgotten in a few hours.
While I think this is best in the 3DS forum while people that visit will generally be more interested in an import, to be fair tho in the comparison, that's a Vita. an imported region locked LE 3DS still has a larger general appeal than a Vita :)

IMAG0436.jpg

i missed out on Miku Vita and Zelda 3DS =(  i wanted both of them but was out on funding and now, at least the Miku, costs so much.

and not directly related but Pokemon X/Y Gold one is only at Pokemon Stores while the black one is everywhere.

In other words, the Gold one will be harder to get.

Yeah, Love miku/project diva  and I absolutely have no idea how I missed the vita  (I think it was during one of my "I am not buying any more sh*t" period... but when I came around, it was $900 so I gave up.

Any of you guys getting the GE2 vita? thinking about it.

Paying OVER MSRP for a region locked IMPORT and then stressing it is a GOOD DEAL because it goes for over $400 on eBay is not just misleading it is incorrect.
To be fair it's not much different from finding someone selling sealed copies of Xenoblade Chronicles for $80. Sure it's $20 over MSRP except that it's a limited run item that was available through a single retailer and that will sell for more every single time.

I'm assuming you can read and type because you're posting on CAG (although who knows) but eBay was mentioned at least twice PRIOR to me making my post.

Or am I missing something?
Where can you get this LE for cheaper than the op's deal? And since you're playing the smug card, please quote the person talking about reselling this (other than you). And yes you are missing something: facts.

I actually agree with the argument that this is very niche but leave it at that. Otherwise it's a bunch of knuckleheads (myself included) arguing over reading comprehension. We might as well start arguing about whether the Animal Crossing 3ds will become super valuable.

Where can you get this LE for cheaper than the op's deal? And since you're playing the smug card, please quote the person talking about reselling this (other than you). And yes you are missing something: facts.

I actually agree with the argument that this is very niche but leave it at that. Otherwise it's a bunch of knuckleheads (myself included) arguing over reading comprehension. We might as well start arguing about whether the Animal Crossing 3ds will become super valuable.
You can get it cheaper, in japan, from the pokemon centers I would assume, considering that supposedly is the only place to get this. Please remember denial is not just a river in Egypt (Get it?) the OP HIMSELF brought up the resale bit, "AND its selling on eBay for over $400." He is pointing out LITERALLY what Re-Sellers are getting there is no other way to interpret that.
After shipping and whatnot you end up paying $300 for a region locked system.
Also whoever came up with the "If you save so much as a penny over MSRP it is a deal." No, no it is not, otherwise on a daily basis this section would be flooded with every single price drop on amazon and game stop. Even legit deals you will get people saying "Was cheaper on xx/xx not a deal!".
People coming to the main deals section are not looking for deals that are region locked and require importing (with very, very few exceptions).
I like to think that those who are savvy enough, and with a desire to import games/systems from japan, already are aware of items like this.

You can get it cheaper, in japan, from the pokemon centers I would assume, considering that supposedly is the only place to get this. Please remember denial is not just a river in Egypt (Get it?) the OP HIMSELF brought up the resale bit, "AND its selling on eBay for over $400." He is pointing out LITERALLY what Re-Sellers are getting there is no other way to interpret that.
After shipping and whatnot you end up paying $300 for a region locked system.
Also whoever came up with the "If you save so much as a penny over MSRP it is a deal." No, no it is not, otherwise on a daily basis this section would be flooded with every single price drop on amazon and game stop. Even legit deals you will get people saying "Was cheaper on xx/xx not a deal!".
People coming to the main deals section are not looking for deals that are region locked and require importing (with very, very few exceptions).
I like to think that those who are savvy enough, and with a desire to import games/systems from japan, already are aware of items like this.
I wouldn't say that. I would say that they don't care the cost. Like if I want a Japanese game, then I can assure you I will buy it on day 1, since those games rarely drop and when they do it's long after release. (unless you got a friend / deal with someone on ebay)

Unless you consider it was in response to your "$275 is not a deal" post. This isn't complex math, if your options are flying to Japan, eBay or the OP then which is the better deal? So yeah there is another way of interpreting it.

Just because you don't think it's a deal doesn't mean it's not. Just because you can't flip it doesn't mean it's not a deal. Just because it's region locked doesn't mean it's not a deal.

The idea that this site is only for Murica deals is absurd and ignores all the people who import not only from Asia but also Amazon.uk and .de and etc.

Just because you don't think it's a deal doesn't mean it's not. Just because you can't flip it doesn't mean it's not a deal. Just because it's region locked doesn't mean it's not a deal.

The idea that this site is only for Murica deals is absurd and ignores all the people who import not only from Asia but also Amazon.uk and .de and etc.
You views on what is and isn't a deal is way to narrow.

The reason for the international deal section is to offer these people a place to go and give those people a chance at getting deals. The simple fact is, if someone didn't bring up whither or not this was a deal, then this "deal" would have been lost already. Like the Toukiden system for $280 deal only got a few posts at the start and 1 week later it's on page 6.

Long story short, this only helps a very few people (if anyone at all) and in turn should not be put in a place where it would probably have been easily forgotten. Perhaps we should have an importer deal section (so the topic can die), but other than that, pretty much everything posted here is assumed to work on a US system.

bread's done
Back