Gamestop Power Up Rewards Xtra Points Now Active for Bonus PUR Points

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)

I didn't see any other main thread mentioning it (maybe buried in another GS thread), but the Power Up Rewards Xtra Points program is now active.  After clicking the link, log into your PUR account, which should send you to the main dashboard screen.  Click the Xtra Points link on the top banner to go to the PUR XP Page for the current available promotions.

9464529031_bfcf009ac0_z.jpg

How does the PUR XP Program work?

Points are earned by selecting from the available offers on the Xtra Points page, and completing the surveys.  Most of the offers have short trailers or explanation videos about the promoted product, whether it be a current GameStop promotion, pre-order incentives for an upcoming game, or even movie trailers for upcoming releases.  In order to move forward to the survey, you have to watch the entire video (or at least have it up in another page while you do something else...), as they ask for feedback on the content presented.

This program is open to both standard PUR and PUR Pro members, so registration into their program is required (obviously).

When do the points get posted after taking the survey?

Points are advertised to be posted within 24-48 hours after taking the survey, but personally they have posted almost immediately after completing the available offers.

How many points do I get from doing these surveys?  Is it even worth it?

So far, the points awarded have varied.  They have been low as 10 for most of them, with a few 20-25 point surveys as well.  In general, the surveys only take a minute to complete, but the video clips may take significantly longer.

Does it matter how I answer the surveys?  Do I need to actually pre-order anything?

No, any answer is valid, no need to commit to pre-ordering any of the content they advertise.  They are just gauging how effective these adverts are based upon the promotional material.  Other than your time spent (which some of the videos can be a bit long), the program is free, as long as you are a registered PUR member.

Note, however, that at the end of the surveys, they ask you a general question if you would be interested in more offers like this, be sure to check "Yes", as that may increase your chance of getting more survey offers in the future.

How often are new surveys made available?

Since the surveys are based upon current GameStop promotions and upcoming releases, it is safe to say that new content should be available weekly.  It is hard to gauge this early in the program, so I will update this section as the program progresses.

So far, they have been updating every 2 weeks, and on Wednesdays to coincide with their ad.

When I log into PUR and click on the Xtra Points banner, I don't get any survey options, just a "Coming Soon" banner.  What gives?

It is assumed that GameStop is rolling out the program on an individual basis to members before making it member wide.  Your PUR Pro status has no bearing on its current availability, though check back every week or so to see if it becomes available.  I will update this section as the program progresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
working for me, just earned 180 pts! (in 24-48 hours)

also, has anyone gotten their pts from the shareable %25 off preowned coupon yet?

No points from the 25% Off yet buy the Xtra Points is working for me. Pretty easy to use. Although it says if I preorder Battlefield and Splinter Cell I get 20 extra points and I already have them both on preorder so I have no idea what is up with that.

Edit: All you have to do is watch the video and say you have already pre ordered and get the points.

I got an email for this but I just went to the site itself instead. Getting my points now. Woohoo.

got 240 points u can do it on ur ps3 but u can't watch the video ones 

Doesn't say anything for me. That link just forwards me to the main dashboard.
The original link used to forward to the XP page after logging on, but for now, just log onto PUR, and once on the main dashboard, click the Xtra Points link on the top banner on the far right.

9464529031_bfcf009ac0_z.jpg

They might only have limited access to certain PUR members at the time (I'm not Pro btw, just for argument's sake), but I'm guessing they will roll it out to everyone in the near future. It used to say "Coming Soon" for me until yesterday, so I would check back every now and then.

Going to update the OP with some of this info.

New surveys are up for me, for Disney Infinity, Tyrant Unleashed, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and PS4, all 10 points each.  Wednesdays make for a logical survey update, as that is when the regular ad starts.

For those that tried previously and were told "Coming Soon", I would check it out again to see if it still says that.  Otherwise it may not be in effect for all members for a few more weeks.

How many points have you guys earned so far? I got 100 from the first run of surveys and 50 from the second run yesterday.

How many points have you guys earned so far? I got 100 from the first run of surveys and 50 from the second run yesterday.
I've earned 265 points exactly so far, though one of those surveys was worth 100 points as an introduction to the program. I only received 40 points from the last round of surveys this week, so maybe they do take into account your previous answers when making the new surveys available (kind of like e-rewards).

New surveys are up for me, 5 offers, 10 points each.  Curious to see if some of the previous posters now have access to this program, just let me know.

"Coming Soon" has a different definition for Gamestop, but I guess it's only been a month so far.  I received another email from them this week, re-introducing the program, so I was hoping it was more readily available to more members.

Just got another email sent to me yesterday talking about the program (they referenced it being Beta this time), and four new surveys are up for me.

Hate to keep sounding like a broken record, but is anyone else getting the Xtra points offer active that was previously inactive / Coming Soon?  Five new offers popped up this week for 10 points each, and they removed the Beta tag on the email.

I just don't understand why they advertise the program right on their main banner, but have made it such limited access.  It's not like they are handing out tons of points here, so they could afford to make it more open (and would be good for generating traffic to their PUR website, no?).

Then again this is Gamestop, after all.

bread's done
Back