Target AD 8/25-8/31

chatgirl4

Banned
Buy Madden 25 :xbox: or :ps3:, ($59.99 each) and select 10-11.5 oz bag of Doritos, receive a free $10 Target Giftcard.

Super Luigi U $29.99, available Sunday

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ BR.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I should keep my amazon order of 50 shipped or go to target for madden. At Targs I'd get around 13 dollars worth of gift cards if I bought the Doritos since I also have a preorder card.

Not sure if I should keep my amazon order of 50 shipped or go to target for madden. At Targs I'd get around 13 dollars worth of gift cards if I bought the Doritos since I also have a preorder card.
Yeah but then you have to buy Doritos. Yuck

I've always wondered, why do first-party Nintendo games always come out on Sunday?
My understanding, NOA releases games on Sunday so "day one" shoppers will not skip work or school.

Apparently that used to be a big problem in Japan. Gamers would skip work or school to buy Nintendo games on day one.

Tried to price match the buy one get one 40% that TRU is running and was flat out told NO. Will the answer be any different if I try another Target store?

Not bad but I don't know if its worth dealing with store crowds for 25 bucks. It does help with tax and red card holders will be happy...

Not bad but I don't know if its worth dealing with store crowds for 25 bucks. It does help with tax and red card holders will be happy...
Seeing as they don't take the 25 you put down off the purchase, it's not a free $25. You just getting your $25 back in a form of a gift card.

yeah you could use it on your next purchase to buy any accessories. also the presell cards are tied to the store they are bought at.
The address of the store is listed on the back of the presell card.
dont know certain amounts but all the stores at least in san antonio,tx each store should have around 8 each.

My understanding, NOA releases games on Sunday so "day one" shoppers will not skip work or school.

Apparently that used to be a big problem in Japan. Gamers would skip work or school to buy Nintendo games on day one.
At the height of the Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy days, it was law in Japan those two specific series wouldn't come out on any day except Sunday or the amount of people missing work/school would be staggering.

yeah you could use it on your next purchase to buy any accessories. also the presell cards are tied to the store they are bought at.
The address of the store is listed on the back of the presell card.
dont know certain amounts but all the stores at least in san antonio,tx each store should have around 8 each.
The memo I saw said that most stores should get 8 pre-order cards each for the PS4 with no replenishment. They are limited to one per household.

XBox One pre-order cards will also be available tomorrow (Sunday) for $10, and will give you $10 off an XBox One or accessory when purchased with the console on launch. It also guarantees you a "Day One" console, which will be held in our backroom upon receipt closer to launch. The amount of cards each store gets for these depends on volume, so smaller stores only got like 5, whereas the super busy stores in big cities got closer to 30.

The memo I saw said that most stores should get 8 pre-order cards each for the PS4 with no replenishment. They are limited to one per household.

XBox One pre-order cards will also be available tomorrow (Sunday) for $10, and will give you $10 off an XBox One or accessory when purchased with the console on launch. It also guarantees you a "Day One" console, which will be held in our backroom upon receipt closer to launch. The amount of cards each store gets for these depends on volume, so smaller stores only got like 5, whereas the super busy stores in big cities got closer to 30.
I work at Target in electronics as well. I saw the cards today, but I don't remember seeing the address of our store on the back. Is it true that they printed it on the back? I always wondered if they would ever do something to track where the cards are purchased in order to prevent someone trying to use the same card at multiple stores. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Nintendo hasn't released a game in the last 2 years that would make me want to skip school for

For America I've always thought it was because whatever is the big Nintendo release gets great promotion being on the front of the weekly ads.
if a game is released on tuesday they still put it in the sunday ads and just has a small note that says available tuesday

I work at Target in electronics as well. I saw the cards today, but I don't remember seeing the address of our store on the back. Is it true that they printed it on the back? I always wondered if they would ever do something to track where the cards are purchased in order to prevent someone trying to use the same card at multiple stores. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.
With the Wii U the address wasn't on the card, they make you show your preorder receipt that shows you purchased the card at that store, and they take the card from you.

Been waiting for the PS4 reserve cards for a while now.

When I got one for the Wii U, I was just able to pick it up in the afternoon. Was being held for me. 

I'm hoping that will be the case with this system.

Just tried to pick up a PS4 reservation card, but they can't ring it up. The system asks to "scan activation code" but there isn't any. As if it were an iTunes card or something. So the manager is holding one with my name on it until they fix it. They scanned the Xbox One card and it worked fine.

Just tried to pick up a PS4 reservation card, but they can't ring it up. The system asks to "scan activation code" but there isn't any. As if it were an iTunes card or something. So the manager is holding one with my name on it until they fix it. They scanned the Xbox One card and it worked fine.
This happened to me when I was in at opening (90 minutes ago for my location). Just got a call now stating that the problem has been fixed so I can go in and ring my card up.

Just to let everyone know who is concerned about reservations being held for you, Target stepped up with the next gen preorders and actually stamped the store number and address on each reservation card, so Target employees can know if that person actually reserved it at said store and reject anyone who tries to screw up the preorder numbers by picking it up at a store they didn't buy the card at.

Hopefully this is a continuing trend with their cards because people pulling this crap has always been a huge problem for us.

Picked up a reservation card for each system this morning...they weren't on display, but were in a binder at the electronics counter.  They both have the store address on the back and the xbox card is numbered out of 15.  I also have a preorder at bestbuy for in store pickup, but wanted to get 5 percent off for red card.  

Either I am not understandng them, or I think that the front of the cards are misleading.  The xbox card says you get "10 off" an accesory/game and the PS4 card says you get a "free" 25 gift card.  But the cards cost 10/25 bucks, and the back of the cards say that the purchase price of the card is "not valid as a credit on the purchase of the reserved system/console".  The money spent on the cards does not go towards paying for the sytems.  So, if I understand it correctly, you have to pay full price for each system when you pick them up and the cards are exchanged for 10 bucks off/25 gift card and there is nothing free about it.  You have to buy a 25 gift card for the priviledge of buying a PS4 and an xbox one accessory/game for the priviledge of buying an xbox.

I thought my post went through. Guess not. Yeah the $25 you put down for the ps4 will come back in the form of a gift card. You're still paying the full price of the system when you pick it up. The gift card is good on anything though. At least you're guaranteed a system.

I ended up paying $21.xx for the pre-order and will owe $345 after tax on the console when I pick it up. I'll probably need a game, controller, or playstation eye so the gift card will come in handy.

Thank goodness I re-read the thread. I thought the pre-order cards were next week.

Picked up a PS4 one this afternoon with a red card.

I WISH. My guess is that they're putting the address on the back of the card because of the Wii U launch. Ours got jacked by people coming in with reservation cards from other stores (little to our knowledge), and we had a bunch of angry people that showed up later in the day to pick up their system, only to run out of systems to sell.

I wish Target would be able to install some sort of tracking system, so that we know WHO reserved a console/game instead of the current system that just tells us how many copies we should hold.

Any Target employees in here see what Bears players are in the code with Target copies? Between Target & TRU on where to get Madden.

Considering it's like their national past time, it makes sense

bread's done
Back