* * * * * 15 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

disney infinity

#31 Flacksguy  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

So, is the TRU stuff B&M or just online only? Really thinking of going and getti getting the Set and McQueen.

In store also.
They have signs everywhere. Mine had a big sign outside the store.

#32 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   3752 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

Buy 2 Get one Free coupon that prints out randomly at checkout.
It gives you the game they scan last for free, no matter the price. So buy two cheap games, then scan an expensive game last and get it for free.

It's not even the last one... It's just the most expensive one. The cashier did a double take this morning when she scanned my coupon, but she let it go. A line had formed behind me, so that was probably a good thing.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: COD: Advanced Warfare, Rocksmith 2014, Forza Horizon 2

#33 Warlock82   Never pet a burning dog CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Warlock82

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Totally a regional thing, but Nebraska Furniture Mart has all the figures buy two, get one free.  They are also on sale (or normal price for NFM?) for $11.49 each, so pretty decent.  

Walmart.com also has the 3-packs on sale for $14.96.  Was able to ad match this at Best Buy even though it's an online-only sale.

Warlock2282.png

#34 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12174 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thanks OP, I appreciate this a lot.

I've got GameStop opening in an hour, so I'll hit up Toysrus for 6 power disk packs. Girlfriend is pricematching just about everything else at Best Buy, where we had preordered the Sidekicks, Villains, Cars and Lone Ranger packs. We'll only be missing 3 character after today, so I'm hopeful a B2G1 deal, or something similar comes along soon,

Most GS's opened at 9 AM local time today b/c of Skylanders, just like any major Nintendo Sunday launch.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#35 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12174 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

If you buy the guide at GameStop and have
PUR, it comes down to $7.99 which isn't bad at all..

With PUR Pro it's $7.19.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#36 trock3  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

What's the difference in this than buying CoD and paying $60 for dlc?

I agree they're both the same. I think all games that have large amounts of dlc are scams. Disney infinity like skylanders just gives you a new character for around $15, when all the characters should be included in the game not just 3.

#37 Warlock82   Never pet a burning dog CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Warlock82

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

I agree they're both the same. I think all games that have large amounts of dlc are scams. Disney infinity like skylanders just gives you a new character for around $15, when all the characters should be included in the game not just 3.

There is unique content for each character (I think they said about a half an hour's worth per character?)

Warlock2282.png

#38 trock3  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

There is unique content for each character (I think they said about a half an hour's worth per character?)

That's terrible imo, $15 for 30 minutes. A typical game is $60, so for $60 of disney infinity characters you get 2 hrs of gameplay as opposed to a full game.

#39 Flacksguy  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

From what I've heard, its the playareas that give you more gameplay, and that each area is about 8-10 hours.
....and you get 3 areas with the starter set.

BTW, I'm sorry I didn't pick up that extended cable for the docking station. The cable it comes with is WAY too short.

#40 ghostsong   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Wal mart gave me a $15 gc when i bought the set this morning. Don't know if its been mentioned yet.

#41 Donkey132   OldSchool CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

so is walmart and the free 15 gc the best deal on the starter kit if you don't have the target coupon? I saw someone said something about a coupon for tru that makes it $60, where can I get that?

#42 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   6522 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

With PUR Pro it's $7.19.

If you buy the guide at GameStop and have
PUR, it comes down to $7.99 which isn't bad at all..

Sorry for dumb question do you have to buy the starter set with the guide and have the PUR card to get the guide so cheap? Or can I just go in and buy the guide with my PUR card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Hyrule Warriors
Wii U

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

It's not the best deal, but my nearest Costco had a box set that was the starter, the Cars 2 playset and a power disc blind pack for $99.99.  I saw them for PS3 and 360 but didn't dig to see if they had others.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Ateleir Shallie (PS3)

Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: Let's Play Legend of Dragoon #3   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#44 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9835 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

I picked up the toys right now & waits for starter set drop down $35 or less around black friday ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#45 nitzerebb6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Updated original post with the 20% off details from TRU.  Also added the Gamestop guide info and the suggestion from dmanko on how to purchase everything at the lowest current cost.

#46 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4389 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Sorry for dumb question do you have to buy the starter set with the guide and have the PUR card to get the guide so cheap? Or can I just go in and buy the guide with my PUR card.

Nah, its not dumb, should have elaborated more, but I was on my phone. Yeah, you have to buy it with the starter set to take the $10 off in the first place, then it takes another $2 off with your PUR card.

Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#47 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   6522 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Nah, its not dumb, should have elaborated more, but I was on my phone. Yeah, you have to buy it with the starter set to take the $10 off in the first place, then it takes another $2 off with your PUR card.

Ok cool thanks for the quick response the guide is the last thing we need so I am looking for the best deal on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#48 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1496 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hopefully Amazon will match some of those prices walmart is offering would be nice to save some money on this for my fiance.

#49 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2592 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Buy 2 Get one Free coupon that prints out randomly at checkout.
It gives you the game they scan last for free, no matter the price. So buy two cheap games, then scan an expensive game last and get it for free.

how do you get that coupon? i buy lots at target and never seen it

#50 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2592 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

yea imagine mortal kombat with 100 characters and you had to pay $13 for each. But I guess if they are toys too they can get away with it. I hope I didn't give midway games any ideas.. mortal kombat infinity

#51 Flacksguy  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

how do you get that coupon? i buy lots at target and never seen it

Wish I knew.
Nobody does, we've been trying to figure it out all summer. It's totally random.
The coupons print out sometimes at checkout, and you never know what you're going to get.
I've gotten two, and I have other people keeping an eye out for more for me. They expire on Sept. 9th, and I'd love to get one more before then.

#52 loomis1975   Cell Block CAG CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Crap I bought four of the power disc packs at toys r us and opened them all and then saw I had four Mike's car ones.  Is there a use for more than one of them in game?  Or should I look to trade them off probably?

#53 StealOfADeal   It's a S-O-A-D! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

StealOfADeal

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Grabbed my pre-order from bestbuy... which sucks ass! PM'd Wal-Mart & targets deals on the Cars & Lone Rangers sets along with the Villians pack, had already pre-ordered the $13 sidekicks pack at BB as well with the game and I was able to get the free figure.

Speaking of the free figure, my BB had NO IDEA about this. I finally had my fiancee send a pick of the pre-order sheet. My store didn't have them, no paperwork in back or nothing. They tried sending me out the door without it, but I waited like hell. Got dash :D

Only need 3 characters now.. Violet, Mater & the french car.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#54 thisboywillbreak   it's never been easy CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

thisboywillbreak

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

I picked up the toys right now & waits for starter set drop down $35 or less around black friday ;)

Wat. Why not just wait for the figures to be B1G1 by then, too?
We all know Lone Ranger will be on clearance before the end of the year.
Posted Image

#55 rjejr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

To paraphrase War Games - "The best deal is not to play." 

#56 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
PS4

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Wat. Why not just wait for the figures to be B1G1 by then, too?
We all know Lone Ranger will be on clearance before the end of the year.

Agreed.

There's a much better chance of the figures having an even better sale than the actual core game dropping to half off anytime soon... We're only just now getting decent sales on the Giants core package... I think the best we'll see by BF is $49.99. Let's also not forget that Disney put all their eggs into this basket, they need to bank hard on this so steep price drops are probably way off.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#57 Vulcan2422   Sandwich Artist with the Mouth CAGiversary!   4603 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

Plus, maybe we'll see some Marvel and Star Wars stuff. No luck at the NJ TRU for McQueen. Trying my FL TRU tomorrow and hoping for the best.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#58 rockstarnati   PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

rockstarnati

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

If you have a Meijer near you, you get a figure and power pack free with purchase of the starter pack. Also, this Friday and Saturday there's a 15% off general merchandise coupon through their mPerks program. I could have waited and taken advantage of these deals + an extra 10% employee discount (gf), but I'm impatient. So I just bought the starter pack at Walmart, got the free $15 gift card and bought the sidekicks pack with it. It was about $5 cheaper than the Meijer deal would have been for me, but I missed out on the extra goodies. I don't mind though. My family (myself included) are in a hurry to play this game!

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#59 jonnysniper   Pokemaster Jonny CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

jonnysniper

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

If you're in Texas and have an HEB near you they have coupons
buy 2 get 1 free on character packs.
Buy infinity starter pack get $20 HEB GIFT CARD
seems pretty good
tumblr_mo8mwm6_G8z1ru283po5_r1_250.gif

#60 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

I had these price-matched at Best Buy.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Nothing, :psp:- Suikoden
:ps4:- Watch Dogs, atari_jaguar.png- Protector: Resurgence, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- SSB4, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing