* * * * - 11 votes

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

#481 BFBB Delicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

BFBB Delicious

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

I have this bundle pre ordered but I'm not sure if I am going to be picking it up. On one hand, GTAV should keep me busy for a long time, and Pokemon X/Y is coming out soon, plus I am getting the limited X/Y XL. On the other hand, I just REAAALLY want a Wii U lol. The CAG inside me just thinks I should wait for Black Friday, but I'm still not sure.

Posted Image

#482 eugaet   1d20 to save vs CAG CAGiversary!   3515 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Question for anyone who already has the bundle: When do the codes expire?

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#483 JAlbertL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

This is def YMMV since my local TRU told me it was not being released until friday

I am just glad my roommate bought my wii u for 200, he knows the whole deal.  He is cool with getting a new system and used pad.  Zelda Wii U here I come :D

Same here. Sold my Wii U for 200 to get the Zelda Bundle. Now; should I sell the DD code? I already have the statue bundle per-ordered.

#484 parkerlewis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

parkerlewis

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Same here. Sold my Wii U for 200 to get the Zelda Bundle. Now; should I sell the DD code? I already have the statue bundle per-ordered.

With the lame way Nintendo handles DD stuff (download is tied to the physical console, not your account) I'm staying away from it as much as possible. Personally I'd sell the code and pick up a physical copy of the game.

#485 EvilMakiPR  

EvilMakiPR

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

My friend works at Gamestop. He said that there are 12 preorders and they got 18 Wii U bundles.

This is a photo he took

993703_522232784511697_473954266_n.jpg

#486 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

That box is fucking amazing, omg

#487 EvilMakiPR  

EvilMakiPR

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yeah! and I don't care about the codes attached to the console and not the account. I will be playing this on FRIDAY! I think I will not be selling this Wii U like I did with my launch one. The good games are coming.

C'mon you're kinda getting it for free. 

#488 david0820   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

With the lame way Nintendo handles DD stuff (download is tied to the physical console, not your account) I'm staying away from it as much as possible. Personally I'd sell the code and pick up a physical copy of the game.

Yeah I love nintendo but with how hard they are selling digital they need to tie it to your account not the console. But it didnt stop me from getting this bundle :/

#489 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Wii Sports HD with online is coming to the Wii U on November 7th, cant wait to play Tennis online.

#490 DarenDF   Don't Do this CAGiversary!   1812 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Question for anyone who already has the bundle: When do the codes expire?

I looked on the two code slips for Wind Waker and the book and I don't see an expiration date anywhere.

#491 David Hibiki   Well then... CAGiversary!   9253 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Always amazes me that employees are so willing to break the street date and lose their job. Though to be fair I somehow thought this was launching THursday, not Friday. Oh well an extra day to wait.

It's just that simple.

#492 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4244 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

My friend works at Gamestop. He said that there are 12 preorders and they got 18 Wii U bundles.

So much for being limited.  I don't think any Gamestop location got more than 4 of the Pikachu bundles.  Combined with the fact that this is going to be available at many retailers, I suspect this will be around for at least a little while.

#493 moopher   Electric Pizza CAGiversary!   801 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Oh it will be limited. I mean, I got my Zelda 3DS a while after launch so I think the two systems will be about comparable.

#494 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

I think Nintendo has to keep these coming, the Wii U is in a desperate position right now and I think many consumers would rather have the WW Deluxe version rather than the Nintendo Land Deluxe.

The only thing that might negate that is a Mario 3D World bundle which IMO is coming. The Wind Waker might be limited if they plan on replacing it with Mario 3D World bundle. I know Europe is getting a New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U bundle. American retailers dont like multiple SKUs so the Wind Waker is temporary until something else replaces it. 

#495 ephermal   The Dragonmaster CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

Mine just shipped from Best Buy !! 

#496 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Man, I loved phantom hourglass and never played wind waker AND that pic EvilMaki posted is very nice. All of a sudden I have a jonesin' for an impulse buy.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#497 LegacyGamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

LegacyGamer

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ahhh shiietZ Mannn

I just came bacl from GS, reserved this bundle.

Man, I loved phantom hourglass and never played wind waker AND that pic EvilMaki posted is very nice. All of a sudden I have a jonesin' for an impulse buy.

#498 LegacyGamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

LegacyGamer

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

What was a little weird was that the GS guy said it will be here Friday. I bet they already have some and just cant sell it yet.

I asked if about order deadline and he said as long as its not "last minute".

Says if I don't reserve last the night before.

Anyway I then asked if they ship these via overnight shipping, he said sometimes. ...

Hmmmmm

So I bet he has some in stock LOL

#499 kamiyan89   Colombian CAG CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

I hope it's limited, i really tried to get the zelda 3ds but it was impossible.. if limited edition consoles are difficult to obtain for people living in america, it's harder for people living outside it, i got the money on time to buy this one thanks to my graduation, well if it's not as limited as other consoles the design is quite beautiful, and man, that box :L.

#500 BSiegel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Was just at Target (Weber Grills on clearance y'all) and saw two of them in the case

#501 LegacyGamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

LegacyGamer

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Was just at Target (Weber Grills on clearance y'all) and saw two of them in the case

Were they selling them?

#502 kilenem   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

On the one hand I want the Wii U and play Sleeping dogs, On the other hand I want a Pokemon 3ds Xl and Pokemon Y or I could just wait for the PS4.

#503 Viper51989   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Viper51989

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Were they selling them?

No, unless the team member at Target is willing to lose their job over it. And even then.......I don't think so. I work electronics, saw the same thing in my store, presumed (rightfully, I think) that it was part of the morning team that doesn't know Nintendo releases don't follow the usual 'comes out on Tuesday' release date schedule and put it out there. I did my job and took it down, covering the price sticker because I didn't want a perspective guest (what we call them) coming in and asking/demanding to purchase it. The computer won't let us sell it anyway so it'd all just be a big hubub and we don't want that so..

#504 Viper51989   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Viper51989

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

No, unless the team member at Target is willing to lose their job over it. And even then.......I don't think so. I work electronics, saw the same thing in my store, presumed (rightfully, I think) that it was part of the morning team that doesn't know Nintendo releases don't follow the usual 'comes out on Tuesday' release date schedule and put it out there. I did my job and took it down, covering the price sticker because I didn't want a perspective guest (what we call them) coming in and asking/demanding to purchase it. The computer won't let us sell it anyway so it'd all just be a big hubub and we don't want that so..

Probably going to get the first one on Friday though. I wish I didn't want a failing, dying console so much for a slightly updated, HDR enhanced (pretty much only) rerelease but I do.

Gonna be interesting trying to forgo the COD/Battlefield/Killzone shooter phase for me this Nov. but the only one I really need is Halo and hopefully, the console will be kinect-less and 399 or below by then (probably wishful thinking but one can dream, right?)

#505 mathyou   Fart berries CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

I got antsy and bought an 8 GB Wii U off of Craigslist for $235 (with NSMBWU and Skyward Sword!!). Couldn't pass up that bargain, although now I'm kinda bummed that I don't get to unbox the Zelda bundle. I originally wrote off the Wii U, and I realize now I was off base. My daughter and I have already spent hours on just the Donkey Kong levels of Nintendo Land.  

#506 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

I got antsy and bought an 8 GB Wii U off of Craigslist for $235 (with NSMBWU and Skyward Sword!!). Couldn't pass up that bargain, although now I'm kinda bummed that I don't get to unbox the Zelda bundle. I originally wrote off the Wii U, and I realize now I was off base. My daughter and I have already spent hours on just the Donkey Kong levels of Nintendo Land.  

Man, I can't  count the number of hours I sunk into that.  Mario Chase is amazing too if you have 5 people together for it.  Anyone who's counting the Wii U out is forgetting the PS3 and 360's numbers in their first year, the Wii U is behind, but not too badly, and that's considering the state the economy is currently in.  I'd be surprised if it doesn't top at least 5 million by November worldwide.

#507 moopher   Electric Pizza CAGiversary!   801 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

I'm excited for Super Mario 3D World in November, too. Friday cannot come soon enough.

#508 BSiegel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

They were in the case with a 299 price tag, I didn't ask because I was in a hurry but I assume that I could purchase one if I wanted to.

#509 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22392 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I really wish the console was $200.  I'd definitely bite at that price.  I'm holding strong for now even though the critical mass of games is almost there for me... even though they are mostly games I've played to death.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#510 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3680 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

I really wish the console was $200.  I'd definitely bite at that price.  I'm holding strong for now even though the critical mass of games is almost there for me... even though they are mostly games I've played to death.

You realize that's a bit of a ridiculous request at this point in time, right? Consoles that have been on the market for 8 years are just now rolling around to the $200 price point.

fOjVcBc.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop