Microsoft and Mountain Dew To Give Away An XBOX 360 Every 10 Minutes!!! Starts 8.28.5

djak1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
This is 3 months away, but someone would have posted it sooner or later :D

LOS ANGELES, May 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Today at Electronic
Entertainment Expo (E3) 2005, Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and
Pepsi-Cola North America announced a U.S. promotion to put the Xbox
360(TM) next-generation video game and entertainment system from
Microsoft into the hands of thousands of lucky people before the
console hits store shelves. Beginning Aug. 28, Mountain Dew, Pepsi's intense
citrus soft drink, and Xbox(R) will select a winner of an Xbox 360
console every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for nine
weeks straight in the "Every 10 Minutes" promotion.

To play, consumers will collect codes found under the caps of Mountain
Dew and other participating Pepsi products, and enter codes in a
personal online account at http://www.every10minutes.com . Participants
will be able to choose which 10- minute drawing to enter, and can
spreadcodes across different drawings or stockpile codes and put them all
toward one drawing. In addition, codes entered will automatically earn
the participants points toward obtaining collectible merchandise and
gear.

xbox 360 mountain dew contest

If my math is right, thats over 9,000 systems?! :shock:

Email addresses can be entered now for a reminder when the contest begins! Good luck CAGs! :)

*The only other contest that came up in the search was the one on xbox.com, so I apologize if this is a repost.

[quote name='Zman310']Hell, I don't even drink pop any more and I think I'll have to be getting some Pepsi this August/September.[/QUOTE]
Same here!

I hate Mt. Dew so they can count me out. I don't get why Pepsi wants to force us to drink that nasty shit to win a free console. Sticking it on all brands of their cola would be a lot better

[quote name='StealthySeal']mmmmm..... brominated vegetable oil + xbox 360 = me getting fat by participating in the contest[/QUOTE]

Or you can drink diet and risk getting brain cancer.

Nice. It's the modern version of the XBox Taco Bell contest. I don't drink it that much but for this contest I'll probably up my intake of ze goat pis...uh, Mountain Dew.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nice. It's the modern version of the XBox Taco Bell contest. I don't drink it that much but for this contest I'll probably up my intake of ze goat pis...uh, Mountain Dew.[/QUOTE]

I hope people at my work don't get wind of this too soon, I already have 600 codes for the Dewgopro promotion running right now.

That makes two contest to win Xbox 360. Hey, J Allard said he wanted to get Xbox 360 to a billion people which means that a lot of those have to be free somewhere down the line.

I wonder which of the launch titles they will giveaway with this system because it wouldn't make since to win a 360 and have no games to play with it.

[quote name='cdeener']That makes two contest to win Xbox 360. Hey, J Allard said he wanted to get Xbox 360 to a billion people which means that a lot of those have to be free somewhere down the line.

I wonder which of the launch titles they will giveaway with this system because it wouldn't make since to win a 360 and have no games to play with it.[/QUOTE]
maybe theyll be sadistic and just tell you to play halo 2, only this time with a Gamercard

It says games and systems.

I expect them to give away about 500 systems or less. Probably several 1000 games.

Well today at E3 they were giving away 20 oz bottles of Mt Dew, with special stickers for e3 attendees. Grand prize was Xbox 360, 10 available to win(you get certificate and redeem when xbox 360 is available), 1st prize xbox game(includes Forza, Jade Empire, Mechassault 2) or xbox live starter kit or wireless xbox controller, 2nd prize hats, tshirts, towels.

Anyways got myself a Live wire and I won 1st prize so I don't whether to choose a game or live kit or cordless controller.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Well today at E3 they were giving away 20 oz bottles of Mt Dew, with special stickers for e3 attendees. Grand prize was Xbox 360, 10 available to win(you get certificate and redeem when xbox 360 is available), 1st prize xbox game or xbox live starter kit or wireless xbox controller, 2nd prize hats, tshirts, towels.

Anyways got myself a Live wire and I won 1st prize so I don't whether to choose a game or live kit or cordless controller.[/QUOTE]
Which cordless controller is it?

I have no idea. I didn't peel the sticker off until I was driving home so I didn't get to claim the prize yet.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Which cordless controller is it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='flaprabbit']Well today at E3 they were giving away 20 oz bottles of Mt Dew, with special stickers for e3 attendees. Grand prize was Xbox 360, 10 available to win(you get certificate and redeem when xbox 360 is available), 1st prize xbox game(includes Forza, Jade Empire, Mechassault 2) or xbox live starter kit or wireless xbox controller, 2nd prize hats, tshirts, towels.

Anyways got myself a Live wire and I won 1st prize so I don't whether to choose a game or live kit or cordless controller.[/QUOTE]
Where were they giving them away at? I noticed it but was just clueless in what was going on. I hope it continues tomorrow, too.

In front of each entrance there are people handing out Mt Dew, on the bottle is a peel off to see if you win. There's a tanker in front of the entrance that is not directly on PIco Blvd, that is where you can claim your prizes if you win. The peel off states that it is valid from 5/18- 5/19 as supplies last so hopefully they will be there today.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Where were they giving them away at? I noticed it but was just clueless in what was going on. I hope it continues tomorrow, too.[/QUOTE]

The wireless controller ended up being a mad catz brand, and the only game they had was Mechassault 2. I ended up getting a Live starter kit mechassault version. Stood in 2 more lines didn't win anything but at least I got some free Live Wire.

[quote name='flaprabbit']In front of each entrance there are people handing out Mt Dew, on the bottle is a peel off to see if you win. There's a tanker in front of the entrance that is not directly on PIco Blvd, that is where you can claim your prizes if you win. The peel off states that it is valid from 5/18- 5/19 as supplies last so hopefully they will be there today.[/QUOTE]

I saw the long line today and got one. I didn't win anything, but I got a free MD. :D Some guys wanted backpacks, which the one guy from MD had them yell out MD while walking up to the entrance and back. It was pretty funny to see them do that for a backpack.

[quote name='Indiana']I expect them to give away about 500 systems or less.[/QUOTE]

And by doing so they'd be breaking the law. Don't be so cynical; MS has deep pockets, and I see no reason for them not to fully pay-out what they're advertising here.

[quote name='stocker08']Cool! I already won a MD Xbox during their Dew Points Promotion! Now time to finish the job and get a 360 also![/QUOTE]

Was this an instant win or did you collect the Dew Points? Nice going either way.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Was this an instant win or did you collect the Dew Points? Nice going either way.[/QUOTE]

At E3 this was an instant win thing, I know because I was the first winner. There were 8 other people that I know of that won an Xbox 360 at E3. We got plaques and special Xbox 360 faceplates, but we don't get the console until October. After we recieve ours, (because the whole contest was winning one of the first 10 Xbox 360's ever), is when the whole Dew Points thing begins, but you still won't recieve your Xbox until they ship in late November. Hope that clears things up :)

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Was this an instant win or did you collect the Dew Points? Nice going either way.[/QUOTE]

i collected! it was some work but definatly worth it! That xbox is great. I never would have experienced the greatness of xbox otherwise! It came with an upgraded hard drive also since it was a special MD xbox!

ahh man..too bad i dont work at that recycling center anymore..oh well good luck guys and hopefully someone here can win

bread's done
Back