- - - - -

Should the usernames of banned members be blocked with CAG 3.0's new username change feature?

#1 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58696 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I noticed today that the CAG formerly known as jack_frost had just changed his username to Iamthecheapestgamer, which you may know as one of the more infamous perma-banned CAGs recently that was up for a Villain of the Year Cheapy award. If it weren't for the username history, this wouldn't be easy to spot, so I'm suggesting that the names of perma-banned users should be blacklisted from future use so that they can't be used for nefarious or trolling purposes.

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2 Emoney244   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Yes they should.

Emoney244.png

2aSLTKu.png

Thank you for pulling your heads out of your asses Sega. 

#3 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17087 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

stop snitchin

#4 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17053 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Grand Theft Auto V
PC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

The names of all existing users are protected...he is tricky and used a lowercase "L" instead of a "I".

#5 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4475 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

on a slightly different note

it seems banned users show up as "guest" or something next to posts that are still active.  Even though they've been banned, I think users

should still be able to use the usernames

Selling brand new Majora's Mask New 3DS XL for about $239-$247 shipped

Can pickup for cost+fees+ship: Official Gamecube Adapter for Wii U; DK/Yoshi (SSB) amiibo; Toad amiibo

Can pickup Nintendo merch (shirts, plushes, Japan import stuff, etc) from Nintendo World Store in NYC with shopping bag.  PM inquiries!

#6 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

The names of all existing users are protected...he is tricky and used a lowercase "L" instead of a "I".

So he is Lam?
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#7 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58696 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Maybe we could just report one of their posts to note when this happens and that iteration of the name could be put on the list to not be used?

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

I agree with Frisky, seems like something that should certainly be implemented, if only to avoid confusion and (intentional no doubt) mistaken identity.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#9 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Well since Lamthecheapestgamer is still around, I guess this is not a problem.

My next account will be MrNinjaSquirreI

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#10 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17053 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Grand Theft Auto V
PC

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

done

#11 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15976 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

done

lamnotthecheapestgamer

Hahaah

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#12 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8464 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the chuckle fellas, you guys.... :rofl: