* * * * - 24 votes

Xbox Banning Discussion

#1 TXboxGuY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

well let me tell you this ive been paranoid since i heard about the first few bans so i been refreshing those support forums all day the past few days and theres been alot of threads that have been deleted after a few minutes and ive checked all their gamertags and most of em had the free games played on their account recently :shrug:

I was CONSOLE BANNED a few days ago.

I'm not going on their Xbox Forums to ask them why.  I'll get another console sooner or later.

Edit:  Main Account also suspended.  12/31/9999 

#2 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

I was CONSOLE BANNED a few days ago.

I'm not going on their Xbox Forums to ask them why.  I'll get another console sooner or later.

Edit:  Main Account also suspended.  12/31/9999 

when this happens to me there will be no point for me to buy another 360 as ill be out thousands of dollars in digital purchases over the 7 years ive had my main account and the $100 i got in my wallet. most people cant just take that hit and "deal with it" so theyll probably lose me as a customer now for at least awhile. i know it was my fault but in 7 years its the only mistake ive made lol.

ashame really cause ill have an extra grand to spend next month and now it will probably go towards getting a ps4 :shrug:

#3 Razorleaf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Razorleaf

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

my rayman account got suspended too....

#4 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

So...I didn't download any of these games but I"m curious.  Can you just log into your account on the PC and tell if you're banned?  If so then can't you just not log in with your 360 so they won't Fuck up your hard drive?

edit:

browsed their forums found this. 

http://forums.xbox.c.../t/1589405.aspx

#5 Dwarf Cabochan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Dwarf Cabochan

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

As I posted 2 days ago I also got my main account banned till 9999 and my console bricked. Bought a new 360 that day and signed up for a new year of gold on my new account. Now trying to build my achievements back up to 20,000. At 460 now lol

#6 Razorleaf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Razorleaf

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

you can check if your account has been banned on xbox.com. but your console can be banned too. Even if you havent downloaded these games they still know which console you used for your purchase. Main accounts can get banned too. Just log in with your main account and hope.

#7 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

you can check if your account has been banned on xbox.com. but your console can be banned too. Even if you havent downloaded these games they still know which console you used for your purchase. Main accounts can get banned too. Just log in with your main account and hope.

Where does it show on xbox.com if your account is banned?  My point about the console being banned, if they're able to take away your downloaded content, just don't connect it to the Internet so they can't communicate the kill switch to it.  Problem solved.

#8 Razorleaf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Razorleaf

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

log in on xbox.com and you will get notified asap about the account ban. they only banned the account that i havent migrated back to my region....

#9 dypaehc   ssA paehC daeH CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I did all of this and I never got account/console banned. Granted I've had an account and console ban in 2009 for other reasons, you guys must be obviously doing something else.

Unless someone is actively banning accounts that you guys have listed here. The fact that I don't have a 'DypaehC' Live account, or list mine could very much be a reason why I haven't been hit by this banhammer.

#10 Razorleaf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Razorleaf

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

it MUST be the reason because my rayman account got banned (and nothing else). Reason? marketplace theft. I only created this account and bought this one game.

My main account is working and my console too. So maybe i just get 1 streak for my console. Next time I will not do it again. I would stop playing xbox when they ban my account/console in near future.

#11 dwb6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Got console banned aswell. my account appears to be fine just says my console is banned for violating ToS. The only reason would be from downloading the "free" games because i dont share accounts and thats all ive done that would be against ToS. These games are not worth losing an xbox over dont try it.

my account is fine via xbox.com, just console.

Posted Image
Google powered search engine. Almost identical to Bing rewards but offers way better rewards and is easier to earn swagbucks (points)
http://points2shop.com//banners/184785
Use points (earned by playing games, filling out easy surveys, or many other simple ways) to purchase stuff off of amazon.com

#12 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

I did all of this and I never got account/console banned. Granted I've had an account and console ban in 2009 for other reasons, you guys must be obviously doing something else.

Unless someone is actively banning accounts that you guys have listed here. The fact that I don't have a 'DypaehC' Live account, or list mine could very much be a reason why I haven't been hit by this banhammer.

this means nothing theres new people getting banned everyday obviously they are manually going through the accounts. the first one i seen get banned for it was on the 14th and theres people still reporting new bans for it today.

#13 Razorleaf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Razorleaf

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

So you get an e-mail for console ban too? Not just for account ban? Does every account get an e-mail about the console ban? Because I usually do not check the e-mails of my dummy accounts.

#14 draven1089   Why So Serious ? CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

draven1089

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Add me to the banned console list. Does anyone know if we can transfer the saved games to a different hd drive and be ok?

Posted Image

Many Fall, Few Rise

#15 Bradisback   Pau hana CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

All i want to know is when I put my old hd into my new 360 will it get banned again? Since it still has the games on it

#16 Dwarf Cabochan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Dwarf Cabochan

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

So all the above posts are gonna get scrubbed for being off topic, making it look like nothing is wrong. Maybe someone can start a thread where all those banned like myself can add our names. That way others can see the true scope of the banning?

#17 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10058 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Motherfucker.  Got console banned as well.  The fucked up thing?  My fiance was the one who did the free game thing, even when I told her not to.  She didn't listen and I'm the one who gets fucked....

Main account= banned. Console = banned.  None of my 30+ digital games work, in addition to having $145 in MS money stolen from me. Ugh...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#18 doctor lollypop   Professional Procastinator CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

doctor lollypop

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

ive seen people doing the region swap for years now all of a sudden people are getting banned idk why

#19 Dwarf Cabochan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Dwarf Cabochan

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

ive seen people doing the region swap for years now all of a sudden people are getting banned idk

As someone who also got account and console banned, I think MS is cracking down to try to force 360 owners to switch to xbox one. I would have, but I still have 40 360 disk games I haven't played. Had to get a new 360 instead

#20 Solid Scarecrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Solid Scarecrow

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

console banned as well. 

eek82

#21 kcobra22   Has been playing Battlefield Hardline
XONE

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

ive seen people doing the region swap for years now all of a sudden people are getting banned idk

I think the key here is that the free stuff was always acquired online...since the update to local currency and not being able to "purchase" through the site, everyone went through the console and that was a much bigger risk. Especially with games in different regions and people making multiple accounts.

#22 CrewShadow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

CrewShadow

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Add me to the list also.. 

#23 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

add me to the list also

#24 TXboxGuY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

Motherfucker.  Got console banned as well.  The fucked up thing?  My fiance was the one who did the free game thing, even when I told her not to.  She didn't listen and I'm the one who gets fucked....

Main account= banned. Console = banned.  None of my 30+ digital games work, in addition to having $145 in MS money stolen from me. Ugh...

Hmmmm . . . you're digital games don't work probably because your licenses are not in order.

Is this the console that you originally used to purchase the games?  If not, you need to be ONLINE in order to play them.  To play them OFFLINE -- or when you're banned, the licenses would need to be transferred from your past console.

Can't do this now since you're banned.  Most of my digital content is still playable as I had done a license transfer within the past few months.  This being my 3rd Xbox with this account.

#25 GundamFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GundamFan

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

I can confirm that console bans are indeed going out. I just received mine today after logging off for a quick break from Diablo 3. Logged on not more than 30 minutes later and got the console ban. I used an Oman account to get free games but I never hacked, modded, shared accounts or even license transfer. No doubt as to the reason I was banned.

#26 Bradisback   Pau hana CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Lol if you think you might get banned, you will. Seems like they are manually going thru accounts each day. So day by day more people are getting banned.

#27 Solid Scarecrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Solid Scarecrow

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Well I got my ps3.  Fuck it..

New thread should be called " List of all people let go from the marketplace"

eek82

#28 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10058 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hmmmm . . . you're digital games don't work probably because your licenses are not in order.

Is this the console that you originally used to purchase the games?  If not, you need to be ONLINE in order to play them.  To play them OFFLINE -- or when you're banned, the licenses would need to be transferred from your past console.

Can't do this now since you're banned.  Most of my digital content is still playable as I had done a license transfer within the past few months.  This being my 3rd Xbox with this account.

Most of the games were purchased on my other 360, that I still have, fortunately, but I transferred the licenses over to the new (banned) one over a month ago.  Something is not kosher with this, as MS is the one stealing legitimately purchased games and "money" from me.

EDIT:  I'll take the ban and whatnot.  My fiance fucked up and it's my console, so whatever.  But being denied access to what I actually paid for?  Fuck that.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#29 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes   All you need is lo-, er, Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings CAGiversary!   3479 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

I'm scared, guys. :(

C5CU5yg.gif?1efPcwsX.gifj5IniQc.gif

Spoiler

#30 BillyDavid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

BillyDavid

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

I got console banned as well :(( I really think thats harsh to ban the whole console, it should have been an account banned for those region specific accounts. I wish the console banned could be lifted because I would tell microsoft, I would delete those accounts to get my console unbanned