Tekken Tag 2 wiiU $9.99 @ Target

Yay!(and double yay! for Amazon for price matching!) I've been waiting for this game to drop price and I remember hearing about random Targets having on it clearance. So glad I waited and I can't wait to get it. Can't wait to play the random Nintendo modes in this game. 

Thank you all!  I have the 360 version, but I'll cheaply add another game to my small Wii U library, can't beat 10 bucks for tekken!

went to my local target, no stock... came here to submit the price to amazon, and boom... ordered. thanks OP & autosaver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is really tempting, I don't have a Wii U but I would get it as I'm a Tekken fan.
I remember a month ago several Targets priced the Wii U Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at $99.00! All of them went back to $19.99, only one is still like that.

Any chance of the Wii U going on sale sometime during this holiday season? At this price, I'm very tempted to pick up a copy but don't yet own a Wii U.

I'm quite sure that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are superior in performance (and even graphics in some areas) compared to the Wii U version.

The only special thing about the Wii U version is the fan service.

I'm quite sure that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are superior in performance (and even graphics in some areas) compared to the Wii U version.

The only special thing about the Wii U version is the fan service.
Well you have a lot better access to fight sticks if that's your jam and the load times are supposed to be better than the WiiU version. From what I read before ordering the WiiU version everything else is comparable.

Well you have a lot better access to fight sticks if that's your jam and the load times are supposed to be better than the WiiU version. From what I read before ordering the WiiU version everything else is comparable.
Link for reference : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off

I already got the Xbox 360 version for $9.99 and I was considering the Wii U version just now even though I don't own a Wii U right now.

I didn't expect the Wii U version to be downgraded at all from the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions since the Wii U is supposed to be a little faster than those two main consoles from the last generation.

"Tekken on Wii U is a fine release, but the PS3 and 360 versions edge it owing to more stable online gameplay and slightly better visuals."

Link for reference : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off

I already got the Xbox 360 version for $9.99 and I was considering the Wii U version just now even though I don't own a Wii U right now.

I didn't expect the Wii U version to be downgraded at all from the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions since the Wii U is supposed to be a little faster than the two main consoles from the last generation.
I'm guessing (hoping?) that the difference in visuals and framerates and stuff were the result of the developer not being accustomed to the Wii U hardware.

I was able to get a copy at my local Target though I had to do a price match. Luckily I had the Target mobile site pulled up already so it was relatively painless.

I'm guessing (hoping?) that the difference in visuals and framerates and stuff were the result of the developer not being accustomed to the Wii U hardware.
Well the 360 version of almost everything tends to be a little "better" just because that's what most devs have worked on as their lead platform for 6-8 years. Watching video I can't see any real differences personally and you don't play games by scrutinizing each frame so I'm sure I'll be perfectly fine with it for $10. Then again you're not going to be buying this on WiiU to play it at competition level where those small differences would really matter.

Darn it... Amazon price matched it then brought it back up again. Grrrr
It's out of stock. The one showing is from a third party. I tried to order though and it showed 2 in stock but I must have just been beaten on it. Missed this on Wii U a couple times now (Newegg I believe it was).

Any chance of the Wii U going on sale sometime during this holiday season? At this price, I'm very tempted to pick up a copy but don't yet own a Wii U.
I asked the same question in the General Wii U thread. I'm hoping for a $50 gift card with purchase of a Wii U around Black Friday. I have been picking up some of the super cheap games for Wii U in anticipation of a purchase. Might have to give Tekken a go as well.

I asked the same question in the General Wii U thread. I'm hoping for a $50 gift card with purchase of a Wii U around Black Friday. I have been picking up some of the super cheap games for Wii U in anticipation of a purchase. Might have to give Tekken a go as well.
Just remember that the Wii U version of a game might be inferior to the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions. Do you own a PS3 or Xbox 360 right now?

Just remember that the Wii U version of a game might be inferior to the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions. Do you own a PS3 or Xbox 360 right now?

It's not. And yes, I read your link; the "downgrades" are so miniscule 99% of people will never notice, plus the Wii U version has the most content. It's the definitive version for non-tourney players.

there are rumors of a mario & luigi bundle in UK

http://www.vgleaks.com/rumor-new-wii-u-bundle-new-super-mario-bros-u-new-super-luigi-u-wii-u-premium/

Japan has a similar bundle

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/24/wii-u-ups-its-value-with-two-family-themed-bundles-in-japan/

Im hoping to see a similar bundle in the USA for black friday.

Im really suprised that Nintendo isnt trying harder to make appealing wii U bundles during this season since we are 4-5 weeks away from PS4 and xbone 180.

once they come out nintendo will have more challenges to overcome

Looks like a great deal if you don't already own another version. In for one. Thanks.
It's a great deal even IF you own another version. PS3 is my system of choice for it, but with the Nintendo exclusive costumes, different game modes, especially Tekken Ball, it's a great value.

I called my Target and they have four copies in stock but they said they do not PM their own website.

I had luck before with RE6 for $10. Do I roll the dice, go to the store and raise hell?

Will Best Buy PM Target.com?

bread's done
Back