Dualshock 4 is available at Gamestop

This is true. I walked in today and they were opening the DS4 shipments. The guy said they have no street date, and was like anyone want to buy some PS4 controllers.

Huh, wouldn't mind getting the camera right now. But I doubt it will be in high demand, might just wait until I can secure a system lol

Yea the Amazon promo is still live if you don't mind waiting till release day for the controller. I traded in Diablo 3 tonight for $33.22 and qualifified for $30 bonus credit.

Reports of the sticks being similiar to 360 stiffness makes me smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea the Amazon promo is still live if you don't mind waiting till release day for the controller. I traded in Diablo 3 tonight for $33.22 and qualifified for $30 bonus credit.

Reports of the sticks being similiar to 360 stiffness makes me smile.
Stiff sticks. :rofl:

Who says you have to wait?  Just buy now from Gamestop and return the Amazon one to back to Gamestop when it comes in the mail.  Best of both worlds!

Looked at it. It's pretty sexy. Thought about getting it but I'll wait a bit. I have a vita so I don't know if it's a necessity right now.

What split screen games will there be besides COD for PS4? Not sure if I need a 2nd one yet.
Even COD did away with the SPEC OPS mission I believe (and replaced it with a survival based mission?), so local co-op won't be as fun unless you are into survival.

KZ Shadow Fall has been confirmed to be no split screen support despite KZ3 did it pretty well.

Sports games, and Diablo III are your only options now, aside from indies and Knack (in which the second local co-op partner is designed to suit little children playing with adults).

Really disappointed with the local co-op line up for PS4, and perhaps will lead me to cancel. People are going to want to try out the shiny new console when they come over, then what do we do, one play and the others watch? o_O

Checking their inventory online doesn't show any near me in 100 miles. Do you think they're hiding these in the system right now?

ALL gamestops near me have them in stock ,as well as the playstation camera, going to pick it up this morning. Feeling ecstatic! Gotta love Los Angeles.

Decided to go buy a camera and controller. Will probably resell the camera and keep the controller. I gotta say, this is a really nice looking controller.

That it works on Mac and PC is pretty cool. I wonder if there's a way to get the trackpad to work... and a reason for doing so! Kind of expensive. Not sure I really need one... until I get a PS4. It's going to be a while, especially given that I'd want 3 or 4 controllers. That plus the console makes for a lot of money and I haven't even gotten to games yet.

I can confirm now this works on Macs! I am uploading a video to show it. Don't have all the buttons configured yet but I got to play it on Portal.

None in my local stores yet, but there are some further away. I have one preordered and paid off in full so I'm looking forward to getting it when it comes in and try my luck playing some PS3 games. Thanks for the heads up OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXbZGkYvvdk

Here is a video of me playing it on my Macbook Pro. Haven't got everything on the controller to work yet for Portal. I will try other games soon. This controller is pretty sweet! 

Is there a reason why some stores have them and some don't? Or is the inventory checker not accurate for this item? There are no stores within 100 miles showing stock for me... I kinda wanted to get one to play with but I'm wondering if 

A) Someone cleared out ALL the stores

B) My region hasn't gotten theres yet

C) My region isn't selling them until launch

Snagged one at the northgate mall in seattle. All the stores in the area seem to show in stock for those in Washington state

Damn I'm tempted as hell to get this early just to get the feel of it, on my PC but I already got in on the Amazon deal and I seriously doubt I'll need 3.

Anyone know what USB type this uses? It definitely is not a mini USB.

Edit: nevermind it's a USB micro b connection, used the wife's cell charger to charge this bad boy.

I grabbed one and then went and got a Micro USB cable but I can't do anything at all. I can't even control the XMB and I know the controller is powered cause the light bar is showing a yellow/orange color.

I got my friend to take one out from the back so I could see it. They said they weren't allowed to sell it yet.  Obviously wrong but I'm not getting a ps4 anytime soon so, no care.

bread's done
Back