3DS for $100 at Walmart YMMV?

mrfreeziexp

CAGiversary!
LTuYIqR.jpg

Just got back from Walmart in N Oklahoma that had a stack of 3DSs marked at $100.00.  Not marked down or clearance, just regular price. Don't know if this is any further widespread than my store. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My War-Mart also has these marked down to $100 but only had pink left in stock. Thought it was just clearance on the pink locally when I saw them this morning. Would have posted this if I had known it may be store wide.

My War-Mart also has these marked down to $100 but only had pink left in stock. Thought it was just clearance on the pink locally when I saw them this morning. Would have posted this if I had known it may be store wide.
09uzQrYl.jpg

I got red. They had red, pink and purple. Maybe 35 red, 5 purple and 1 pink.

I've been trying to hold on on a 3DS deal, even looking for a used one at $100. No deals ever.

I want one if true. Might go today.

EDIT: Online website lists as out of stock for stores.

Dang.. I would have snagged one of these at this price.  I'm happy as hell with my xl... but 100 less for a 3ds instead of the current 30 less would have tipped me to this one

LOL. That red model has been discontinued for over a year. It is actually fairly rare; I don't have any of the aqua blues or flame reds anywhere near me (new at least). It is crazy that your store had 30+ of them.

But for those that having been keeping up they did away with the bulky packaging a year to a year and a half ago and discontinued the red and blue model which never got sold in slim packaging.

The only ones still in production are the black purple and pink and they are all in slim packaging which does NOT include the cradle.

LOL. That red model has been discontinued for over a year. It is actually fairly rare; I don't have any of the aqua blues or flame reds anywhere near me (new at least). It is crazy that your store had 30+ of them.

But for those that having been keeping up they did away with the bulky packaging a year to a year and a half ago and discontinued the red and blue model which never got sold in slim packaging.

The only ones still in production are the black purple and pink and they are all in slim packaging which does NOT include the cradle.
Crazy. Does the slim packaging look any different other than size? I don't think I've ever seen a slim.

Crazy. Does the slim packaging look any different other than size? I don't think I've ever seen a slim.
No the hardware is exactly the same. People will try and say they changed the top screen so that it doesn't get scratched by the bottom screen but that isn't true. Nintendo hasn't done a revision.

I'm not advocating it but there are people willing to pay decent money (i.e. more then MSRP) for the blue and red; could be a nice turn around if someone wants to sell one off to put towards a system of their choice.

You can trade in an aqua blue 3DS into Amazon for $110.08. Wish I had a reason to build a lot of credit for Amazon right now, like a PS4/XB1 preorder.

No the hardware is exactly the same. People will try and say they changed the top screen so that it doesn't get scratched by the bottom screen but that isn't true. Nintendo hasn't done a revision.

I'm not advocating it but there are people willing to pay decent money (i.e. more then MSRP) for the blue and red; could be a nice turn around if someone wants to sell one off to put towards a system of their choice.
No, I mean does the box look any different?

No, I mean does the box look any different?

Yes. The slim packaging is very small---just slightly bigger then the 3DS. It opens from the sides but the graphics on it are essentially the same. Purple, Black, Pink come in slim packaging.

The original opens from the top. I think all colors come in the original packaging (I know at least blue, red, black and pink do. I'm not sure about purple but most likely it does too)

You can trade in an aqua blue 3DS into Amazon for $110.08. Wish I had a reason to build a lot of credit for Amazon right now, like a PS4/XB1 preorder.
You'll pay that much in taxes..if you've got that much Walmart credit to burn might as well just buy a Visa card or kindle card if you need credit to move.

Could this be a regional sale? I'm in Texas, and the Walmart I went to didn't have any at all so I couldn't check the price. Anyone in Texas find them marked down at their Walmart?

Nothing in west palm Beach FL, I went to two walmarts and nothing regular price. Real shame because I'm in the market for a 3DS. 

Went to the Walmart in Toms River, NJ. Only had purple 3DS's there. Gonna try calling around in the morning, guessing its only on those discontinued colors. 

Hmmm... Well this stinks. Second poster who also got in on this deal, was it the same Wal-Mart as op? If not, there is hope!

Yeah, I'm curious too on the exact location on this Walmart and of the 2nd post. I'm in Tulsa today and will be in Oklahoma City tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm curious too on the exact location on this Walmart and of the 2nd post. I'm in Tulsa today and will be in Oklahoma City tomorrow.

The one I saw was in NE Florida but was a full size pink 3DS.  So I think that this is probably storewide but only on those full size boxes, which a lot of places have probably already sold out of.

Hmm. If you guys would be gracious and elaborate for me, are these 3ds on sale already out and marked down? Or is there no special distinction, and you have to ask for a price check?

bread's done
Back