3DS for $100 at Walmart YMMV?

mrfreeziexp

CAGiversary!
LTuYIqR.jpg

Just got back from Walmart in N Oklahoma that had a stack of 3DSs marked at $100.00.  Not marked down or clearance, just regular price. Don't know if this is any further widespread than my store. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Called the Wal-Marts within 30 miles of Toms River, NJ. Didn't feel like driving all over. No positives. Ugh. Might end up getting a refurb from Nintendo.

Unless they collected and redistributed these then it's HUGELY YMMV.  If your store had some left looks like they've been told by corporate to clearance them out...assumingly to make room for the 2DS's and get rid of all the old shelf-consuming packaging.

very tempted to go check the walmart near my house.  But I see that some fellow Houstonians had no luck at the walmart they went to.  Which walmarts did you guys go to?  The one near me is in East Houston off the beltway.

Couldn't find any on the north side of Colorado Springs. I definitely would have grabbed one at this price, color wouldn't have mattered to me. Oh well, cant win them all.

No dice at the Glenwood Ave. in Raleigh or the Glenn School Rd. in Durham locations in NC

Crazy. Does the slim packaging look any different other than size? I don't think I've ever seen a slim.
VJnjCl.jpg

That's the size difference between the two.

The holiday bundle there was actually a different shade of red I didn't care for that I ended up returning for the old packaging.

Think there will be any sales on 3ds xl other than the leaked GameStop Zelda/luigi bundles? I get a discount at Walmart so I'm considering just picking one up for $195 total and applying for a credit card to get the $20 off making it $175.

VJnjCl.jpg

That's the size difference between the two.

The holiday bundle there was actually a different shade of red I didn't care for that I ended up returning for the old packaging.
What was the difference in shade? Both say flame red on the box. Was the bundle 3DS darker? That's the one I had.

There was one pink jumbo box at a store in Michigan, but it was still marked and scanned at 169.  The other colors in the case were all the slim packaging. 

I checked the Wallmart at 11 1/2 + Gratiot in Roseville Michigan, and they had plenty of 3DS's.... Just weren't marked down :whistle2:(

4HNScl.jpg

Bundle 3DS on the left, original 3DS on the right.
Holy crap, that's a big difference. This entire time I'd assumed that the bundle red was just an original flame red crammed into the bundle box.

And yeah, the original flame red looks a lot better to me than the Holiday Bundle red.

This is some cool info to know. It could make for a nice trivia question.

bread's done
Back