* * - - - 11 votes

TRU Black Friday Ad leaked! 5pm Thanksgiving!

#31 jmk1713  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Man we really need to start boycotting Thanksgiving day events, they are getting out of hand... I mean it was bad enough when they started at 8pm but now they're creeping to 5pm so what's next?  

Completely agree!

#32 Omnisquall  

Omnisquall

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

LOL at the free Halo 3 for purchasing and xbox360.  Trying to clear those out.  

Well since it was free with the games with gold last month i would assume so yeah.

But lets say you buy 2 next gen games.  Both at $60.  40% off $60 is $24. So current total for 2 next gen games is  $96.  Over the $75 required for the $10 gift card.  which you can turn around and used on some of their other deals and maybe get 2 skylanders/giants figures for free.  PG 27 of the ad if you're looking excludes swap for i believe because they have a BOGO 70% off.  Either way the savings are fairly substanital if used in a manner that could greatly benefit if you're buying extra toys.

But if all you want is the next gen games Target next week.  B2G1 free all games.  Then it's a savings for $60 instead of $24 but if you have their card or some gift cards to blow then target is the way to go.  See all you cags at target next sunday.

#33 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4999 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Guarantee most stores are going to sell out of those Skylanders and Infinity starters pretty damn fast at that price.

#34 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1909 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Looks like I can at least cross TRU off my list of places to care about for BF.

#35 Kuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2473 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Man we really need to start boycotting Thanksgiving day events, they are getting out of hand... I mean it was bad enough when they started at 8pm but now they're creeping to 5pm so what's next?  

I live in MA, its illegal for them to open at all on Thanksgiving. Its one of the few laws in this state I agree with

#36 fishphoenix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

fishphoenix

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

5pm on Thanksgiving? So next it just won't be a holiday anymore right?

#37 linkblc   Dis Guy CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Gamestop will have infinity BOGO free opposed to half off at TRU. Was hoping for at least the same deal. Don't want to drive all over that night.

#38 merchie89   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2391 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yeah these deals all suck....

#39 Potatoechomper12   Potatoe pewper CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Potatoechomper12

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I saw that clearance items are up to 80% off, hopefully there are some good games out there.

#40 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I don't see it as a big deal. I realize that traditionally retail employees have had these days off, but there are plenty of folks outside of retail who are at work every holiday. It's just something you adapt to (it's typically an 8 hr shift, there's still plenty of time in a day to eat turkey with family) and deal with to make a living and support a family. If anything, it seems people are eager to get their extra pay for being there on a holiday.

#41 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4999 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

I saw that clearance items are up to 80% off, hopefully there are some good games out there.

I don't know that it will count toward games, but unless you're lucky it's all shit anyways. Our clearance is almost entirely shovelware Disney music games. Only real game most CAGs might be interested in would be the PC version of Assassin's Creed Revelations.

#42 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

When I worked at Best Buy, they required a 12 hour shift (so that you couldn't get ot).  The last year I worked there they required us to be there at 8 PM on thanksgiving... then a 12 hour shift over night.  Some employees just literally chugged an energy drink constantly (which is not healthy)  or slept through the holiday and didn't get to celebrate!  I understand working on thnaksgiving normal hours, but the overnight that is required does not allow retail employees the time to be with family and the reason for the holiday!

#43 ThisHndsmeDevil  

ThisHndsmeDevil

Thanks OP. Nothing for me/ kids. Sucks for 5PM start time.

#44 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Hey everyone if  you spend $120 at BBY for the new GCU you can have Buy one get 40% off another every day of the year!  :boxing:

Just pointing out I think that "deal" at TRU is pretty lame.

I do wonder if this year will be a bad year for deals on last gen games just to drive next gen sales.

#45 Mattitudev96   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Mattitudev96

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Eating turkey, watching football, and shopping online during half time.

What's the problem?

What's the problem? The fact that companies are screwing the thousands of employees more and more every year. Not everyone gets Thanksgiving off now, and they are completely ruining the holiday.

#46 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4999 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't see it as a big deal. I realize that traditionally retail employees have had these days off, but there are plenty of folks outside of retail who are at work every holiday. It's just something you adapt to (it's typically an 8 hr shift, there's still plenty of time in a day to eat turkey with family) and deal with to make a living and support a family. If anything, it seems people are eager to get their extra pay for being there on a holiday.

TRU usually has 12+ hour shifts for Black Friday. It does seems stupid to close for some of the day but still open when many people would be eating dinner on a holiday that is entirely about said dinner. And it's not like it's the kind of business that is vital like some jobs that require holiday work.

#47 Dallas12Cowboys  

Dallas12Cowboys

5 PM?! This is ridiculous!!! 

#48 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

What's the problem? The fact that companies are screwing the thousands of employees more and more every year. Not everyone gets Thanksgiving off now, and they are completely ruining the holiday.

Tell that to the Indians. I kid I kid.

#49 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1899 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Will TRU and other stores in Boston be open during Thanksgiving?  I remember last year because of some law businesses couldn't open during Thanksgiving except for Walmart which void all of the Door Buster deals.

#50 sittinghawk3   Damn... Kobe CAGiversary!   619 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

sittinghawk3

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hey everyone if  you spend $120 at BBY for the new GCU you can have Buy one get 40% off another every day of the year!  :boxing:

Just pointing out I think that "deal" at TRU is pretty lame.

I do wonder if this year will be a bad year for deals on last gen games just to drive next gen sales.

Lol, equating a "free" deal vs. a 2 year membership at 120 dollars. Totally the same, guys.

#51 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

Lol, equating a "free" deal vs. a 2 year membership at 120 dollars. Totally the same, guys.

No I am saying 20% off new games is a lame deal either way.

#52 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

5PM on Thanksgiving? screw you Toys R Us

#53 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yeah im sorry im a CAGer but I am completely against stores forcing employees to work on a Holiday. Its sick honestly, im sure pleny of these people are going to be having there relatives over the house and will have to prolly be required to be at TRU by 3 to get ready for a stupid sale.

Its pathetic honestly, im not supporting this at all.

#54 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

TRU usually has 12+ hour shifts for Black Friday. It does seems stupid to close for some of the day but still open when many people would be eating dinner on a holiday that is entirely about said dinner. And it's not like it's the kind of business that is vital like some jobs that require holiday work.

I get that it's not a core service or vital for people to be there.  I suppose as someone who works every Thanksgiving, and was aware that it would be that way when I got into my job, yet still manages to spend time with his family on that day, I have little compassion for the plight of working holidays.  A 12 hour or double shift is a bit much to expect on a holiday, though.

#55 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2913 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Customers are ruining the holiday by shopping on Thanksgiving. If zero people are at TRU on Thanksgiving at 5pm, I bet they don't open at 5PM in 2014.

#56 AshesofWake   chum is fum CAGiversary!   4672 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

AshesofWake

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's all based on Walmart and people being dumb enough to think door busters are really that worth it. Walmart started the whole on Thanksgiving day opening and all the other retailers wanted to compete so yayyyy. Target is opening at 6pm I believe. Fuck. you. all. 

/rant

But every year I get all I want from online shopping during black friday/day before so yeah.

#57 RySenkari   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

If they didn't FORCE the employees to work there (blocking out vacation days, etc.), I'd be more for it. If you need lots of employees, pay them triple time if you have to to get enough of them to work there but don't force them.

#58 DieGo2SHAE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DieGo2SHAE

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Gamestop will have infinity BOGO free opposed to half off at TRU. Was hoping for at least the same deal. Don't want to drive all over that night.

As in Buy One Get One free on anything?

#59 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

The worst part about it, doorbusters only good from 5pm-9pm on Thanksgiving

You mean when all of America is sitting down to dinner?  Yeah, I said Fuck you to TRU a long time ago and I see nothing has changed to alter that.  Feel bad for their employees; what a shitter company.

That said, the 'deal' on B1G1 is awful.  Just get in on the Target B2G1 deal or w/e Amazon BF deals spring up.

#60 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4999 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

I get that it's not a core service or vital for people to be there.  I suppose as someone who works every Thanksgiving, and was aware that it would be that way when I got into my job, yet still manages to spend time with my family on that day, I have little compassion for the plight of working holidays.  A 12 hour or double shift is a bit much to expect on a holiday, though.

I knew I'd be working on Black Friday and have no complaints there. I just don't love that it somehow starts 7-12 hours before the norm now. I don't really care that much about Thanksgiving personally, I just chat for a few hours then play some splitscreen games, but I know many of my co-workers are going to have ruined holidays if they have to work so early.