American Express card holders - Spend $250 get $25 back at Bestbuy

kemical

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
TL;DR - Spend $250 at Bestbuy get $25 back for American Express card holders.

I found this in the "Offers for you" area of "Account Home" of https://online.americanexpress.com.  You have to activate the offer on your card, and typically get the credit back a few days after your purchase.  I'm planning on using it for my PS4 as it more or less covers the tax.  

OFFER DETAILS

"Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $250 or more at Best Buy by 12/31/13."

TERMS:

Valid in-store, at BestBuy.com or Best Buy Mobile. Not valid at Best Buy Express, on Geek Squad services made outside Best Buy stores, or at standalone Pacific Sales stores. E-gift card purchases excluded. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not shipped until after 12/31/13, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: AUF6:0001

But that was a deal with linking Xbox account with the card.

Sweet perfect time for Black Friday!
Plus it's not like there can't be other deals. Last year we could combine several offers. I bought an Xbox Holiday Bundle, and Halo 4, and I think I ended up with like $80 back after syncing XBOX Live and doing the necessary steps with beating the game and whatnot. I was pretty much going to skip out on buying a 360 at all last gen (sticking with PS3), but that was such a good deal I had to pounce on it.

Hopefully there will be more stuff along those lines. $25 off $250 on it's own is not very much, and not really going to get me to go out of my way for anything. I remember AMEX used to do the wishlist and even $25 off $100 would be considered "average". Sometimes they would have multiple coupons you could get. Once would be $25 off 100 which everyone could get, then a $50 off $100 that would be somewhat difficult to get*. But if you got both of them that would be one sweet deal. And they would do that with multiple retailers, not just Best Buy. They phased out the wishlist several year ago. So far the "sync" app had a couple of good deals during the holidays (Best Buy, California Pizza, Whole Foods), but hasn't been very good since then. Maybe a couple of somewhat decent offers. I'm hoping there's some really good offers for the holidays. Right now it's pretty much junk that either isn't in my area, or that I have no interest in (one of the offers is $1000 off a $5000 diamond purchase.... gee... thanks, haahah

*and another year they had $200 credit on $500 - which I used to buy a laptop. Would be nice to have something like that to get an IPAD Air with. I would never pay $500 for a tablet, but if I could get it for $300 I'd be all over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these offers different depending on the AMEX card you have? I have the Costco AMEX and am only seeing sucky deals for Souplantation and GUESS. Or am I looking in the wrong area?

Are these offers different depending on the AMEX card you have? I have the Costco AMEX and am only seeing sucky deals for Souplantation and GUESS. Or am I looking in the wrong area?
When you log into your Amex account, on a tab next to your recent activity, do you see a tab called "offers" or "offers for you"?

I had the same issue.

I don't know if it's considered the same offer or not, but there is a twitter offer where you can sync your AmEx card to your twitter account for $25 credit on $250 purchase.

I went that route with my Costco AmEx since I didn't see Best Buy listed on the offers page in my account.

got this offer last week.  I tried to look for Pokemon 3ds XLs but couldn't find any.  Terms seem to exclude "e-gift cards" so I'm wondering if normal Bestbuy giftcards will be okay.

got this offer last week. I tried to look for Pokemon 3ds XLs but couldn't find any. Terms seem to exclude "e-gift cards" so I'm wondering if normal Bestbuy giftcards will be okay.
I bought $250 of best buy gift cards and kindle cards on this offer one. Got $25 the next day. I love my Amex.

got this offer last week. I tried to look for Pokemon 3ds XLs but couldn't find any. Terms seem to exclude "e-gift cards" so I'm wondering if normal Bestbuy giftcards will be okay.
Best Buy E-Gift Cards are processed via Cash Star not Best Buy directly. You can buy physical cards at bestbuy.com or in store.

Damn, just bought a dishwasher for $700 a few weeks ago. I doubt I'll spend $250 on any other single item.

Logged into my AMEX card and I see I am probably going to miss a Sweet Tomatoes offer ($5 back for $25 spent by Nov. 7th). It isn't much, but I've probably been there 3 or 4 times and could have gotten it. I need to check these offers more often.

I do not, however, see the Best Buy offer anywhere.

I have the $5 Sweet Tomatoes one, 25% off Papa Johns, $50 off $150 at Chico's, $50 off $200 at some place called "White House Black Market", and $50 of $100 at "Rent The Runway". So, yeah, whatever...

I might just grab $250 worth of Amazon Kindle GC in anticipation of Black Friday. If Amazon price matches the $259.99 Wii U Bundle (via leaked BF ads), I could get a new Wii u for $234.99. Not bad.

Damn, just bought a dishwasher for $700 a few weeks ago. I doubt I'll spend $250 on any other single item.

Logged into my AMEX card and I see I am probably going to miss a Sweet Tomatoes offer ($5 back for $25 spent by Nov. 7th). It isn't much, but I've probably been there 3 or 4 times and could have gotten it. I need to check these offers more often.

I do not, however, see the Best Buy offer anywhere.

I have the $5 Sweet Tomatoes one, 25% off Papa Johns, $50 off $150 at Chico's, $50 off $200 at some place called "White House Black Market", and $50 of $100 at "Rent The Runway". So, yeah, whatever...
ohhh the twitter offer is best buy as well. Didn't know that.

maybe they are doing it so some people get the offer the regular way and some people have to tweet about it. io may be one of the unlucky batch that has to tweet to get his supper.

Their pumpkin spice cobbler is so good.

do you have a link for the amazon gift cards? I cannot find them on the website!
In-store only -- usually in the tablet accessories aisle and they are called Kindle GCs (they work the same as regular Amazon GCs)

Does anyone know if we can break up the $250+ across several transactions?  Last year I ended up doing one transactions, but I have heard other Amex promos the total spent can be broken up.

Does anyone know if we can break up the $250+ across several transactions? Last year I ended up doing one transactions, but I have heard other Amex promos the total spent can be broken up.
Best Buy

Offer Valid 11/1/13-12/31/13

Valid in-store, at BestBuy.com or Best Buy Mobile. Not valid at Best Buy Express, on Geek Squad services made outside Best Buy stores, or at standalone Pacific Sales stores. E-gift card purchases excluded. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not shipped until after 12/31/13, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer.

Receive a one-time $25 statement credit when you spend a total of $250 or more at Best Buy by 12/31/13. Tweet using #AmexBestBuy to add this offer to your synced American Express Card. This offer does not require a coupon at the point of sale - so once you’ve received a confirmation response message from our Twitter handle @AmexSync that the offer has been added, just shop with your synced Card to redeem!
Based on that wording, I would have to think it doesn't have to be in a single purchase.

For me, I just bought some stuff today using my AmEx card. Total was $249.97 before tax. Does anyone have experience with these promos before? Does it have to be $250 before tax? I could not find anything in the terms that said one way or another.

Amex only sees and cares about the final amount charged to your card -- it can include tax/shipping/whatever

As long as theres a $250+ charge on your card from BB then you'll get the credit -- Amex doesn't know what you bought and they don't care for sync deals

Not sure if you can do multiple transactions, but you can always buy a $250 plastic BB GC and use that to make multiple purchases later on -- electronic BB GCs are excluded since those are process by Cashstar and not BB directly

Based on that wording, I would have to think it doesn't have to be in a single purchase.

For me, I just bought some stuff today using my AmEx card. Total was $249.97 before tax. Does anyone have experience with these promos before? Does it have to be $250 before tax? I could not find anything in the terms that said one way or another.
Yeah the wording in the terms suggest it doesn't have to be in one shot. Last year (and few months ago) the offer made it seem it had to be in one go.

$250 after tax. That's how it has been for all AMEX offers so far.

Amex only sees and cares about the final amount charged to your card -- it can include tax/shipping/whatever

As long as theres a $250+ charge on your card from BB then you'll get the credit -- Amex doesn't know what you bought and they don't care for sync deals

Not sure if you can do multiple transactions, but you can always buy a $250 plastic BB GC and use that to make multiple purchases later on -- electronic BB GCs are excluded since those are process by Cashstar and not BB directly
Yeah I was going to do a giftcard if anything despite have more than that in giftcards already. I have to complain about another issue so might call them up to verify.

I bought a $250 BB gift card last night and I got an email 1 minute later of my transaction being recognized.

Yeah, I take the terms to mean that it's a running total from now until December.

Already have a couple purchases and the Zelda 3dsXL, which should put me over the top.

But I could always play it safe and grab some other things when I pick up the 3ds.

Like others, I coulda used this last month.  Oh well.

If anything, don't like that I had to sign up thru the Facebook page.  Would prefer that it all stay on Amex's website.

I'm going to buy the Zelda 3DS XL, but I've never had a credit card before. Should I apply for this one?

Is it the card that also adds an extra year of warranty to purchases?

I don't buy a lot very often, since I'm a student with no income. Would having this card and not using it hurt my credit score?

I'm going to buy the Zelda 3DS XL, but I've never had a credit card before. Should I apply for this one?

Is it the card that also adds an extra year of warranty to purchases?

I don't buy a lot very often, since I'm a student with no income. Would having this card and not using it hurt my credit score?
I love AMEX but the biggest problem with it is that it's not accepted everywhere. You'll come across places, usually smaller shops or franchisee run locations, that won't accept it.

And TBH not sure if you'll be able to get one right now if you're a student w/no income.

Mastercard is the whore of student credit cards. They give it up as long as you have a pulse.

I think I "synced" using Facebook initially last year.  For the most part, the "good" offers have appeared on my AMEX account so I didn't have to bother with Facebook/Twitter.  There may have been 2 or 3 that didn't appear so had to go through Facebook/Twitter for it to apply.

Also I've been dealing with a dispute for almost 6 months now!  Amex hasn't really been helping, just keep starting new disputes for the same thing. 

has anyone asked them when this was a spend $250 in one shot or can it be multiple?

I tried to email them and they don't accept emails anymore.  Gave me the option to chat and the chat had no operators and "hung up" on me.   Really not the type of service I expect form Amex.

has anyone asked them when this was a spend $250 in one shot or can it be multiple?

I tried to email them and they don't accept emails anymore. Gave me the option to chat and the chat had no operators and "hung up" on me. Really not the type of service I expect form Amex.
It is usually one shot, one transaction.

I tried to email them and they don't accept emails anymore. Gave me the option to chat and the chat had no operators and "hung up" on me. Really not the type of service I expect form Amex.
Usually its 1 transaction, but the terms don't mention it -- buy a $250 GC and spend as you need it just to be safe

Ask them here:

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/customerservice

https://sync.americanexpress.com/facebook/CustomerService

Thanks for the deal CAG brother!! Saved me some money on a Nexus 5 tablet.

Does anyone know how fast it takes to get the rebate or how do you know you got it? I got the email saying my Twitter was linked but that was it.

If using twitter then you need to sync your card to twitter first https://sync.americanexpress.com and then you have to activate a specific promo by tweeting the promo hashtag to Amex (like "@AmexSync #AmexBestBuy" to activate the BB offer) -- AmexSync will tweet back a confirmation that its activated on your card and then you make your purchase

Here are the sync promos: https://twitter.com/AmericanExpress/favorites

Mostly all promos are one time use (sign up separately if you have multiple cards), but they did start offering a multi use promo (the BP gas one) and there are some targeted promos that only show up on your online Amex account https://www.americanexpress.com (there's a Staples & Walmart targeted sync promo if you're lucky)

Once you make the purchase then they usually send you an email right away confirming the purchase, but not always. Once the charge is fully posted to your card (takes a few days) then the credit usually posts to your card a few days after that. Once in a while it'll glitch and not give you an auto credit within a week -- in that case you just have to wait a few weeks and contact Amex for a manual credit: https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/customerservice

Thanks for the deal CAG brother!! Saved me some money on a Nexus 5 tablet.

Does anyone know how fast it takes to get the rebate or how do you know you got it? I got the email saying my Twitter was linked but that was it.
Historically for me within a few minutes after purchase (like when I'm in the parking lot) I get an email that says 'Thanks for using your linked card!', then 3-5 days after the credit shows up in my account.

Trying to sign up for this on my phone. I can't see any promo's to load on the sync Facebook page (just says 'loading' and a spinning wheel). I'm guessing its flash based?

bread's done
Back