Target Black Friday preview - 3DSXL deals abound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaagh ... what do I do ... 3DS XL Zelda edition soooo beautiful ... regular 3DS XL soooo cheap ... aaaaagh
If you get the regular 3DS XL you can get a physical copy of Zelda AND save $30.

Or you can pay $30 more for a custom Zelda themed 3DS XL.

If you get the regular 3DS XL you can get a physical copy of Zelda AND save $30.

Or you can pay $30 more for a custom Zelda themed 3DS XL.
I know ... the CAG in me says go with black and customize ... the nostalgic second grader in me says ... Get the Triforce ...soooo shiny

nice price on the 3ds xl. Let's hope target and walmart brings their A game. A game from both of them means my wallet gets to suffer on black friday.

I need a lot of stuff for some reason and I really want project X zone for cheap.

Amazon has the XL, too. Between them getting back with Nintendo and after that $179 white Vita bundle Amazon had last year, I can't, eeeeeeven, imagine what they have in store!!!!!!!! Target dun gon' and started somethin'!!!!!!!!!

Yes, yes. Too different consoles. Still exciting! :D :bouncy:  :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to cancel my Zelda XL pre-order. The gold interior and digital copy of the game has been bugging me.

I'd rather get a black XL for $150 and buy a physical copy of Zelda.

Yeah umm.... Time for me to finally buy a 3ds handheld to play this stack of 3ds games I've been accumulating. I'll wait to buy a xbox one and/or ps4 bundle a year from now on the next Black Friday. Thanks op!

What are the odds of amazon or best buy matching this price to be competitive? I have hella credit to burn.

I know that best buy doesn't do pricematches on bf, but I'm hoping they follow targets lead and just offer the same price.

FYI... I am fairly certain this is a DOORBUSTER...  (Hence the previews say a preview of doorbusters.)

"Target Black Friday Doorbuster Preview Leaked!"

I'm going to stick with the Zelda 3DS XL, since I'd rather not deal with changing my mind should I want it later. My decision is also based on the fact I had ~$175 in BB credit. I dunno.

I got a job at my local Target about a month and a half ago and I'm really hoping I can use my employee discount on that 3DS XL assuming they're not totally picked over since they don't let employees get first dibs on BF items, and I'll likely be working that night since it sounds like they have pretty much everyone working BF.

lol Did anyone see the Keurig for $100 discounted from $109.99?

I hope the 3DS XL discount means a regular 3DS discount. I want to get a purple one.

lol Did anyone see the Keurig for $100 discounted from $109.99?
Yup I was looking at that. These deals are ass. The razor scooter is now 20 instead of 25.. woopty doo. Especially if these are doorbusters you want me to trample an old lady for a 10 dollar discount?

Best deal since bestbuy (and target?) had the mario kart blue xl for $160, but I wouldn't use the words "deals abound" when there is only one deal. :)

Now if only they could add some last minute wii u mario bundle deal.

Yup I was looking at that. These deals are ass. The razor scooter is now 20 instead of 25.. woopty doo. Especially if these are doorbusters you want me to trample an old lady for a 10 dollar discount?
Or an old lady wants to trample you over that ten dollar discount.

Awful thinking by Target either way,

Would love to get my gf that 3ds xl for $150 but don't feel like getting run over since its a door buster. Hopefully Amazon matches that in some way.

Man ... Some of you guys must be small, I just use lots of elbows and barrel through like Rhino from spider-man =-p

Well if you guys just want an XL that's a good deal, but the zelda one is bound to be sought after. The original 3DS zelda still fetches good money

Also, remember that some lesser known brands use the same panels/parts as some bigger brands. Research for the best value.

Well if you guys just want an XL that's a good deal, but the zelda one is bound to be sought after. The original 3DS zelda still fetches good money
I would so be on the XL wagon, but I just bought the original 3DS Zelda off of a good friend of mines. He needed the cash and rarely played it anyways, and I got a great deal on it. Too bad he didn't have the original box and gave the game to his brother, but it's no biggie. Did have Four swords installed on it and he didn't have a Club Nintendo account, so I linked it to mine.

CAG thoughts on the Samsung and Visio TVS mentioned?
I agree with ChunLiBarbie in doing your research ahead of time and find out what you need and would be willing to pay for. As she said, a lot of lesser brands do use the same panels and internals of the higher tier companies. Off the top of my head, there are a couple of things to consider though: 120hz tvs are superior to 60hz for standard 2D viewing and don't pay the premium for a "smart tv" if you aren't going to use the apps or can get a non-smart version for considerably less.

So wait a goddamn second, Target is going to have the 3DS XL for only $20 more than the 2DS but the 2DS has the regular DS sized screens AND you can turn off the 3d on the 3ds? 

I agree with ChunLiBarbie in doing your research ahead of time and find out what you need and would be willing to pay for. As she said, a lot of lesser brands do use the same panels and internals of the higher tier companies. Off the top of my head, there are a couple of things to consider though: 120hz tvs are superior to 60hz for standard 2D viewing and don't pay the premium for a "smart tv" if you aren't going to use the apps or can get a non-smart version for considerably less.
Fixed. :boxing:

Also, to the person looking for a TV, the 39"( :drool:) I mentioned is an Insignia(Best Buy brand).

Best Buy door buster:"Insignia 39" 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - $169.00 (reg. $249.99)"

Anyone know if Target still allows price adjustments on Black Friday? (I.e. Buy it Wednesday and get it price adjusted on Friday.) I know they used to.

I got a job at my local Target about a month and a half ago and I'm really hoping I can use my employee discount on that 3DS XL assuming they're not totally picked over since they don't let employees get first dibs on BF items, and I'll likely be working that night since it sounds like they have pretty much everyone working BF.
Same way at Best Buy man. You work retail = say hello to Black Friday.

Wait, isn't ChunLiBarbie a dude?

Looks like I'm skipping BestBuy all together this year. I'm getting my games from Amazon due to trade in credit but I want a TV for my grandma who wants a 50+ TV. That Vizio is only 47in but she can't tell the different. That and it's only $380! I told her I'd get a TV for $500 or less so that's perfect.

Wait, isn't ChunLiBarbie a dude?
Girl. You want me to be one, huh?

You characters and your fantasies.

You remind me of some other worthless THINGS I put on iggy. Yet they're so useless and bored, and so much of a fan, they stalk me anyway. :wave:

Can't pass up the Zelda XL. I had the Animal Crossing XL, and when I got tired of that one, I made a nice chunk of change from selling it on eBay. These LE XLs are an investment!

Girl. You want me to be one, huh?

You characters and your fantasies.

You remind me of some other worthless THINGS I put on iggy. Yet they're so useless and bored, and so much of a fan, they stalk me anyway. :wave:
Mind = Blown ... next I'll find out confoosious is a talking cat ...

Nice price on the XL.  I don't regret paying $169.99 at BB last week though. It may make me un-CAGlike, but I don't do Black Friday in stores. The only exception I may make this year is Gamestop for the $30 PSN sub. Unless Amazon matches.

My only issue on the Samsung is that I can get it for a pretty similar price right now (I have a 10% off coupon from moving recently and some Target GC's) so itd come out to around the same cost out of pocket.  I like the Vizio and my parents have had one for years with no issue but the sound isnt the greatest, thats my only hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back