* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#32251 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

I liked Mad Max and think it's well worth the four bucks.  It's mainly the same thing repeated over and over but the world has some cool bits to explore, the car fights are fun and the only place where it seriously stumbles is that stupid race track bit that's feels out of place even for a game that's 70% automotive combat.  The story is trash so you don't necessarily need to feel obligated to complete it.  Drive around, beat up War Boys, take a bunch of bitchin' screen shots.

I liked Mad Max b/c of its graphics quality, performance (runs great on anything somewhat modern of a system, it seems like), game mechanics (combat's awesome, vehicular or on foot) and the Mad Max IP/setting - but that's another open-world game that I've also thrown to the side and haven't finished.

So many open-world games on the market, it ain't funny. In particular, this game really takes a lot of the stuff from Avalanche's JC games (open-world stuff w/ side-quests of destroy-a-thons, kill-a-thons, and collect-a-thons everywhere) and Batman: Arkham games (Arkham combat) - all games, which I've had my fill of, for the time being.

Hell, that's not even counting other open world games like Sleeping Dogs (has the Arkham-style combat) and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War games (AC-like and also has Arkham-like combat).

Definitely worth $4, even if you just buzz around here and there for around for 4-10 hours or so.

#32252 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

This is not the Day of the Devs bundle.

One week away from the leaked end date, so today has to be the day, right?

Gx0VZGkUTVW2wME4TXO3aNoIK-Y=.gif

... Right?

#32253 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14884 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

HA! Humble Software Bundle: Degica Games

They fooled the shit outta you guys with that #FakeNews. Tremendous effort over at reddit. #MHGA

#32254 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

Cool, now we can use all this RPG Maker software to make the games from that Day of the Devs leak.

#32255 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:51 PM

One week away from the leaked end date, so today has to be the day, right?

A bundle is almost certainly coming.

http://dayofthedevs.com/

In the admission section towards the bottom, it mentions "VIP Access with forthcoming Humble Bundle."

#32256 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:03 PM

HA! Humble Software Bundle: Degica Games

They fooled the shit outta you guys with that #FakeNews. Tremendous effort over at reddit. #MHGA

When even I own everything in the BTA, you know someone done fucked up.

#32257 caldazar   RiderOnAPaleHorse CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

Humble canceled my pause on my monthly subs...so I've got a ticket in for a refund. If that fails, perhaps reclaiming the funds via paypal will work.

They have such a quality business ethic :|

#32258 AionTelos   is PLUS ONE PIG! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:46 PM

Wouldn't mind injustice ue, but not willing to pay $4 for it. Oh well. Solid bundle if you're missing a bunch of those.

#32259 Malignpariah   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Malignpariah

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Just playing through the story mode once in Injustice is worth $4. It is really good. 

Wouldn't mind injustice ue, but not willing to pay $4 for it. Oh well. Solid bundle if you're missing a bunch of those.

#32260 AionTelos   is PLUS ONE PIG! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

Just playing through the story mode once in Injustice is worth $4. It is really good. 

I ended up getting a copy from some really nice dude. So I'll find out soon!

#32261 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8809 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

A bundle is almost certainly coming.

http://dayofthedevs.com/

In the admission section towards the bottom, it mentions "VIP Access with forthcoming Humble Bundle."

Fake news perpetrated by the Deep State. Globalist plot headed by talks between parties like Soros, Bilderberg, the Trilateral Commission, you name it, folks. They're trying to subjugate our social awareness with hopes of a Day of the Devs bundle so we don't notice as the inter-dimensional lizard people seep in and set up FEMA camps. It's happening.

#32262 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10949 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Forgot about the Monthly deadline but I was leaning towards buying it anyway with $12 being a good enough price for Hitman plus other stuff. Hopefully the unlocks won't be 2deep4me pudding eating simulators.

#32263 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8809 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Forgot about the Monthly deadline but I was leaning towards buying it anyway with $12 being a good enough price for Hitman plus other stuff. Hopefully the unlocks won't be 2deep4me pudding eating simulators.

Pudding eating simulator is #1 on my Obscure Simulator Most Wanted list, so one of us will be going home disappointed here

#32264 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

Forgot about the Monthly deadline but I was leaning towards buying it anyway

0hY47G3.gif

#32265 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:10 PM

Day of the Devs now live. Crossing Souls is out, Hotline Miami 2 is in.

$1 -- Full Throttle Remastered, Burly Men at Sea

BTA -- Rime, Hotline Miami 2, Yooka-Laylee

$12 -- Minit, Hyper Light Drifter, Day of the Devs VIP ticket, $2 Store credit for Monthly subs

BTA at $6.35 at the moment. Would've been an easy buy if they kept Crossing Souls in and the top tier was $10, but since I already have HL2, Yooka and HLD from Monthly bundles, it seems better to just get the $1 tier here and that Origins bundle at Fanatical.

#32266 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

Day of the Devs now live. Crossing Souls is out, Hotline Miami 2 is in.

LootPlay is saved!

Now is Minit worth the value above BTA when I already have Hyper Light Drifter?

#32267 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:15 PM

Now is Minit worth the value above BTA when I already have Hyper Light Drifter?

Yeah, that's where I'm at. An extra $6 for Minit + $2 store credit. I'm leaning towards no.

BTA now below $6, starting to become an easier decision to just get the $1 tier and that Fanatical bundle for Rime.

#32268 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, that's where I'm at. An extra $6 for Minit + $2 store credit. I'm leaning towards no.

BTA now below $6, starting to become an easier decision to just get the $1 tier and that Fanatical bundle for Rime.

I don't have Hotline Miami 2 or Yooka...and I think I'd prefer those over River City Ransom Underground and a bunch of games I probably won't play, though a couple do look interesting.  Decisions.

#32269 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8809 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Decent bundle if you don't own anything, but Hotline, Yooka, and Hyper Light have all been in Humble Monthlies. Dollar tier is decent and I'm in for that, though. 

#32270 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

I don't have Hotline Miami 2 or Yooka...and I think I'd prefer those over River City Ransom Underground and a bunch of games I probably won't play, though a couple do look interesting.  Decisions.

Yeah, looking over that Fanatical bundle some more and outside of Rime and maybe RCRU, nothing there intrigues me at all.

YL is fairly divisive (I thought it was a solid throwback to the 3D collect-a-thon days that did nothing to advance the genre) but Hotline 2 is brilliant. BTA is great if you don't own any of those three.

#32271 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8809 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, looking over that Fanatical bundle some more and outside of Rime and maybe RCRU, nothing there intrigues me at all.

YL is fairly divisive (I thought it was a solid throwback to the 3D collect-a-thon days that did nothing to advance the genre) but Hotline 2 is brilliant. BTA is great if you don't own any of those three.

Agreed, I thought Yooka was more than worth playing and honestly can't understand why it was panned. Not a fantastic game, but if you like old collectathons you should like it. Agreed that Hotline 2 is very good. I've played Rime and really didn't enjoy it that much at all, but for just an additional 4.50 or so to get Yooka/Hotline it's really a bonus more than anything. If you own nothing in the bundle the bta is an easy buy imo.

The bigger question to me is the 12 dollar tier. Hyper Light Drifter is decent, but unspectacular. I haven't played Minit, it got good reviews although according to hltb it's very short. Personally if you own nothing in the bundle both the dollar and bta tiers are good deals, but the 12 dollar tier really doesn't seem worth it.

#32272 TheLongshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2468 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheLongshot

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:19 PM

I've had an interest in Shuyan Saga for a while, which is why I've been circling around the Fanatical bundle. But, now that Rime is in this bundle, and because I don't own anything in this bundle, it is giving me pause.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

#32273 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:35 PM

I'm in the same pickle as the rest of you.

HB - $4.65 for RiME, Hotline Miami 2, and Yooka-Laylee (subtracted cost of $1 tier since I'll get that anyway)

or

Fanatical - $4.99 for Rebel Galaxy, RiME, Remothered, Outpost Zero, and Gloom (wishlisted games) plus some other stuff

yW8IKO0.gif

#32274 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

To those who want minit but not HLD, i'll buy HLD off of ya (usa paypal)

Edit: Got one, thanks

#32275 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:50 PM

I'm in the same pickle as the rest of you.

HB - $4.65 for RiME, Hotline Miami 2, and Yooka-Laylee (subtracted cost of $1 tier since I'll get that anyway)

or

Fanatical - $4.99 for Rebel Galaxy, RiME, Remothered, Outpost Zero, and Gloom (wishlisted games) plus some other stuff

yW8IKO0.gif

Both.

Cesspool the extras.

EDIT:

RCR Underground is awesome. If you liked the old-school NES RCR, Underground will be up your alley.

Also, Hotline Miami 2 is awesome also. The music in that game is outstanding.

#32276 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10949 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:58 PM

Meh. Will wait till Hotline Miami 2 is in some weekly.

#32277 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:06 PM

Been waiting for a Yooka Laylee bundle.  I'll take it for $6.

#32278 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4720 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:30 PM

Been waiting for a Yooka Laylee bundle. I'll take it for $6.

Try the CAG cesspool, saw it there for two fiddy....

#32279 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7827 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

I've never subscribed to Humble Monthly. Is Hyper Light Drifter worth it for the $12 tier?

#32280 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8809 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

I've never subscribed to Humble Monthly. Is Hyper Light Drifter worth it for the $12 tier?

Given that the bta is now like 6.20, another 5.80 for HLD and Minit isn't a terrible deal. HLD has a msrp of 20 bucks so even if it was 75% off it'd be 5 bucks (it's never been less than 8 on its own), Minit is probably worth an additional 80 cents (it has a msrp of 10 dollars). If you don't buy the 12 dollar tier you're just going to be waiting for the next bundle with HLD in it for a good deal, and the next bundle you might own half the stuff in it. If you don't have anything in the bundle I'd probably recommend just buying the 12 dollar tier. 

Of course a lot of this just depends on how much you'll enjoy HLD (and Minit). I haven't played Minit but I thought HLD was just okay.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free