* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#32761 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20724 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Received this e-mail yesterday:

Great news.  I already use that for my Epic, Uplay, and Gaijin.net accounts.

#32762 caldazar   RiderOnAPaleHorse CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

Cool, but apparently Google Authenticator has been available with them for a while - at least I assume so, since it's set up my account already  :shock:

#32763 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:19 PM

But why though? Authy is better.

#32764 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:06 AM

Thanks mate

#32765 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Humble Caffeine Bundle

PWYW:

Headlander

GoNNER BLuBERRY EDITION

Treadnauts

Caffeine

Some thing for people in the UK only

BTA:

This War of Mine

Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

$12+:

Tyranny

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Lot of repeats, but mostly stuff I don't have.  BTA is low enough that I'll probably get that, but will get the $1 tier for sure.

#32766 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   786 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Whole lot of repeats in there, but Treadnauts is new and I never got Headlander when it was in a BTA a year or two ago, so that dollar tier looks nice.

#32767 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4804 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:09 PM

Shadow Tactics is worth the $12 all on its own.

#32768 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4232 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

Tyranny and Shadow Tactics were both in high tiers before, right? I’m not misremembering that?

#32769 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

Every game in this bundle except Dear Esther was given away on twitch prime already. Hard pass.

#32770 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9118 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

Course Tyranny in $12 tier. Only thing I would want from that tier and other stuff would be in $1 tier....so likely will get that.

#32771 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24381 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:00 PM

Shadow Tactics is worth the $12 all on its own.

I have that (Shadow Tactics) backlogged.

Also, so is Tyranny; easily worth the $12 for that alone.

#32772 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6357 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

I need another game like I need a hole in my head, but I have enjoyed Gonner and This War of Mine on other platforms, so I went for the BTA.  I will wait for Shadow Tactics to go lower at another time...and it will. 

#32773 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8538 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:46 AM

i dont have headlander, this war of mine, tyranny (although i have it on twitch) or shadow tactics (sold it when it was in a humble monthly and i've since regretted it)  so i think i'll probably get this

#32774 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1276 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:56 AM

Tyranny and Shadow Tactics were both in high tiers before, right? I’m not misremembering that?

Tyranny has never been bundled, Shadow Tactics was in a Humble Monthly and two other Humble Bundles in the top tier. 

#32775 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5662 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:04 AM

I have that (Shadow Tactics) backlogged.

Get it out. It's fantastic.

#32776 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:22 AM

Get it out. It's fantastic.

That's the same thing your mom said to me the other night!

tenor.gif

#32777 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:54 AM

Tyranny was "free" via Twitch / Amazon Prime.  

If you already have Gonner, the Blueberry edition DLC is free.  Solid $1 tier, especially if you had not already picked up Gonner or Headlander.  Treadnauts looks fun and worth $1 by itself.

BTA tier is good as far as the 3 games in it but most of should have them as all previously bundled.  My only complaint is why not include the complete version of This War of Mine.

If you want Tyranny on Steam, then the $12 tier is not bad as you can sell Shadow Tactics.  

#32778 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6357 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

I haven't bought anything from Humble for a while.  Do they not provide direct downloads for the games that you buy from the bundles anymore?  I noticed that the games in the Caffeine bundle are just Steam keys.  I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm just wondering about the change.  Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer this question.

#32779 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

I haven't bought anything from Humble for a while.  Do they not provide direct downloads for the games that you buy from the bundles anymore?  I noticed that the games in the Caffeine bundle are just Steam keys.  I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm just wondering about the change.  Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer this question.

Only if they are DRM free

#32780 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6357 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

Only if they are DRM free

Thanks for the answer.

#32781 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1411 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Tyranny was "free" via Twitch / Amazon Prime.  

If you already have Gonner, the Blueberry edition DLC is free.  Solid $1 tier, especially if you had not already picked up Gonner or Headlander.  Treadnauts looks fun and worth $1 by itself.

BTA tier is good as far as the 3 games in it but most of should have them as all previously bundled.  My only complaint is why not include the complete version of This War of Mine.

If you want Tyranny on Steam, then the $12 tier is not bad as you can sell Shadow Tactics.  

Shadow Tactics was also free with Twitch

#32782 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14380 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

Already had all but two, but this is a good bundle if you aren't one that buys bundles often. Will probably see a lot of the higher tier games in monthlies, cuz IGN gonna IGN.

#32783 Rabidmuskrat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Rabidmuskrat

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Already had all but two, but this is a good bundle if you aren't one that buys bundles often. Will probably see a lot of the higher tier games in monthlies, cuz IGN gonna IGN.

You don't even have to buy them that often for this to be loaded with dupes. I haven't been buying many bundles for a while and I've still got a bunch of these.

#32784 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6357 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

I grabbed the $1 tier of the Deadly Class Image Comics bundle this morning.  I don't even know if I'll like it since I haven't read the comics or seen the Syfy show yet, but 11 comics for a buck is a pretty good deal.  And the $15 tier of the Dynamite Comics bundle looks pretty good.  

#32785 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6357 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

Not a double post, but I made what I think was a pretty good purchase from the Humble Winter Sale.  Until now, I'd never bought anything from the Humble Store that wasn't a bundle.  But I only spent $10.81 on everything below.

Balancity

Escape Goat 2

Monday Night Combat

Iron Fisticle

Jet Car Stunts

#KILLALLZOMBIES

Monday Night Combat

Spirits

Tachyon Project

Teslagrad

Tidalis

The Floor is Jelly

Wasteland Angel

Balancity was free after applying 55 cents that I got back in Humble Rewards, and Teslagrad was a free game that they gave me after I spent $5 on the sale.  So, I don't think that I did too badly on this sale.  I went a little bit crazy, but my plan is to cut back considerably on gaming purchases after my birthday that's coming up in March.

Edit: I discovered after that purchasing Iron Fisticle on Humble also gets you the remade/remastered version of the game Iron Crypticle as a separate game.  

#32786 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14380 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

https://www.humblebu...onte-cook-books

So there's a Numenera bundle, eh? Does anyone even play that game? I've never actually heard of people participating in Numenera.

Also, Deponia: The Complete Journey is free until January 26th on the Humble Store for signing up to their newsletter.

#32787 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Every game in this bundle except Dear Esther was given away on twitch prime already. Hard pass.

Damn, I'm looking in my Twitch client and can't find Tyranny ... I can't believe that I missed that, I have literally every other game they gave away during the Twitch Prime month ...

#32788 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:22 AM

Not a double post, but I made what I think was a pretty good purchase from the Humble Winter Sale.  Until now, I'd never bought anything from the Humble Store that wasn't a bundle.  But I only spent $10.81 on everything below.

Balancity

Escape Goat 2

Monday Night Combat

Iron Fisticle

Jet Car Stunts

#KILLALLZOMBIES

Monday Night Combat

Spirits

Tachyon Project

Teslagrad

Tidalis

The Floor is Jelly

Wasteland Angel

Balancity was free after applying 55 cents that I got back in Humble Rewards, and Teslagrad was a free game that they gave me after I spent $5 on the sale.  So, I don't think that I did too badly on this sale.  I went a little bit crazy, but my plan is to cut back considerably on gaming purchases after my birthday that's coming up in March.

Edit: I discovered after that purchasing Iron Fisticle on Humble also gets you the remade/remastered version of the game Iron Crypticle as a separate game.  

I was a little sad to see that the sale ended. I have a few bucks of credit expiring in a couple months and there were a few games I was considering including Iron Fisticle (if I had known about the bonus, that would've been enough to get me to go ahead and grab that). They have an encore sale right now, but everything I was watching except Battlechasers is back up to normal price.

#32789 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:01 AM

Was about to cancel the Monthly, then got the offer for $3 off the normal price. Decisions. I want Yakuza, but it looks like the other two early unlocks are about as popular on here as crotch rot, so it doesn't look like I will be able to drop them for a halfway reasonable price. Do I spent $9 on Yakuza and hope the other unlocks aren't as rotten as The Division and that online only game or proceed with canceling and just get Yakuza down the road on its own on Steam?

#32790 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6357 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:07 AM

I was a little sad to see that the sale ended. I have a few bucks of credit expiring in a couple months and there were a few games I was considering including Iron Fisticle (if I had known about the bonus, that would've been enough to get me to go ahead and grab that). They have an encore sale right now, but everything I was watching except Battlechasers is back up to normal price.

The weird thing about Iron Fisticle is that I can't get the game to change itself out of whatever zoomed-in mode it's in over to full screen, so I was more or less forced to play Iron Crypticle instead since I couldn't play the original on my TV.  But I hope you get to play the game at some point.  It's actually one of the better twin stick games that I own.  In fact, I like it so much that I've triple-dipped on buying it between platforms.