* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#32821 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Eh, in for a dollar to pad out my PS4 library with crap that I already own on other platforms.

#32822 IchiroVader   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

IchiroVader

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Is the $15 tier also one key for both games?  Assuming it is since the others all are.

I saw it posted on SD that it was one key per tier. So, yes.

#32823 nwaugh   thread killa CAGiversary!   1401 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Did the BTA ever drop below the opening $6?

#32824 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

Nice, will have to grab SW2 and KF2

#32825 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1027 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

I saw it posted on SD that it was one key per tier. So, yes.

Thanks.

Kinda sucks that one game form each tier was given on PS+, makes it harder to justify $15 tier

#32826 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14387 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

Humble Indie Playstation Bundle 2019

[All on PS4]

$1

Grim Fandango Remastered (w/ Soundtrack)

The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled

InnerSpace (w/ Soundtrack)

BTA

Layers of Fear (w/ Soundtrack)

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Standard Edition

The Talos Principle

Broken Age (w/ Soundtrack)

$15

Killing Floor 2

Shadow Warrior 2

Notes:

• Single Key for the 3 games on the $1 tier
  • Single Key for the 4 games on the BTA tier
  • Single Key for the 2 games on the $15 tier
  • If you have a game via PS Plus (like Grim Fandango Remastered), you can't actually use this to "buy" a copy of it.
  • PS Plus List:
    • Grim Fandango Remastered (Jan 2016)
    • Broken Age (Oct 2015)
    • Killing Floor 2 (Jun 2017)

3oa6.gif

#32827 IchiroVader   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

IchiroVader

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

Did the BTA ever drop below the opening $6?

It initially dropped to $5.72, and then it took off.

#32828 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5455 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me on Yakuza 0, it sounds like I made a good choice to skip as it's just not my thing, apparently.

hal, I think we have similar tastes, so I'll just agree that you probably wouldn't like it. 

I loved Sleeping Dogs. That game was awesome. Not only that about the actual game itself...but the voice-acting, character stuff and story was also really good in that game.

Yakuza 0 is also great, from what I've played so far. Not only is the main quest & the story/character stuff excellent so far - but with so much variety in the side-quests and mini-games, this is just really hard to put down b/c it doesn't feel like it has that UbiSoft grinding & repetition.

I don't know how anyone can go wrong with either title, TBH.

I have struggled to get into Yakuza. The story isn't really compelling and the game doesn't do much to push you into moving it along. It seems like a game that's made for people who want to dick around doing Guitar Hero-wannabe-karaoke, arcade game-within-a-game, and randomly-beating-up-dudes-on-the-street minigames instead of actually playing through a story. It's not just that those things are there, but rather that, on some level, the game seems to want you to forget about the main story and just screw around in a way that I haven't seen in any other open-world-type game. Granted, I have little direct experience with Japanese games, so maybe most of them are like this.

It's possible that it's just me, but I feel the same way about GTA V at this point. In that case, it may have something to do with  the game having multiple protagonists whose missions you can complete in a seemingly-random order. Also it probably has something to do with all of said protagonists being remarkably unlikeable and unsympathetic figures. 

• hal likes this

#32829 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:15 PM

Not being able to own a PS+ game when redeeming a code is one of the biggest BS things with Sony's digital store.

#32830 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10568 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

You know it's a crappy bundle when the Humble thread is invaded by console CAGers!

#32831 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:44 PM

hal, I think we have similar tastes, so I'll just agree that you probably wouldn't like it.

I have struggled to get into Yakuza. The story isn't really compelling and the game doesn't do much to push you into moving it along. It seems like a game that's made for people who want to dick around doing Guitar Hero-wannabe-karaoke, arcade game-within-a-game, and randomly-beating-up-dudes-on-the-street minigames instead of actually playing through a story. It's not just that those things are there, but rather that, on some level, the game seems to want you to forget about the main story and just screw around in a way that I haven't seen in any other open-world-type game. Granted, I have little direct experience with Japanese games, so maybe most of them are like this.

It's possible that it's just me, but I feel the same way about GTA V at this point. In that case, it may have something to do with the game having multiple protagonists whose missions you can complete in a seemingly-random order. Also it probably has something to do with all of said protagonists being remarkably unlikeable and unsympathetic figures.

This is probably a problem with starting with 0. Yakuza 0 came out after the fifth main entry in the series, and was therefore made with the expectation that the audience would already know and be invested in the protagonists; you absolutely can go into 0 first and enjoy it if you like that kind of game, but I feel like it helps a lot if you’re already familiar with Kiryu and his future struggles outside the yakuza, and have gotten used to Majima’s antics.

The main story also just really isn’t as strong as the rest of the saga, since it really is sort of an afterthought prequel. Not saying it’s bad, but definitely not as well thought out.

That said, you’ll find that kind of in-your-face minigames everywhere setup in all the Yakuza games. It’s part of their charm, but it’s also part of why I haven’t actually beaten any yet (though to be fair, I’m notoriously bad about completing games, I’ve only been playing Yakuza games for less than two years, and I’ve spent a lot of that time getting sucked back into Monster Hunter).

#32832 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5481 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:45 AM

Humble Indie Playstation Bundle 2019

Yay, another shitty bundle... and that not getting to own a game because of the Playstation Plus "rental" is laughable.

#32833 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:06 AM

Not being able to own a PS+ game when redeeming a code is one of the biggest BS things with Sony's digital store.

Honestly it just sounds like an unintentional oversight/bad piece of code to me. Sony's store isn't exactly the most confidence-inspiring.

#32834 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5455 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:48 AM

Honestly it just sounds like an unintentional oversight/bad piece of code to me. Sony's store isn't exactly the most confidence-inspiring.

I would agree with you except that this is a problem that has existed for at least the last five years or so (as long as I've owned a PS3). If Sony really wanted to fix this, they could. At this point, you can't blame this on ignorance unless it's wanton ignorance. 

#32835 Jurai  

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:50 AM

not a bad PS bundle, but the main games I'd want out of it I already own / got on PS+ I guess

#32836 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

Shoot, just checked, already have KF2, debating on paying $15 just for SW2.

#32837 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1027 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

Shoot, just checked, already have KF2, debating on paying $15 just for SW2.

If all you want is SW2, you're better off waiting for a sale. The bundle has gone as low as 17.99 for 1 and 2

#32838 screamer2050   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

screamer2050

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

anyone who bought the bundle, what's the keys expiration dates, want to redeem after my ps plus expires as I already own few of these

#32839 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8583 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Wow that is one remarkably shitty PlayStation bundle.

eh, it's pretty good if you don't have a pc .but for pc owners who get humble bundles it sucks

#32840 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:06 AM

eh, it's pretty good if you don't have a pc .but for pc owners who get humble bundles it sucks

Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Killing Floor 2 have all been on PS+ before. 

The top tier bundle consists of a game that was on PS+, and a game that was given away for free on GOG. 

I understand that GOG isn't PS4, but when a game has already been given away for free on any platform, it's unlikely to be the last time. Shadow Warrior 2 seems like a choice for a future PS+ pick.

#32841 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:24 AM

The Talos Principle is god-tier gaming. Not sure what the debbie downers are bitching about...

#32842 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:00 AM

The Talos Principle is god-tier gaming. Not sure what the debbie downers are bitching about...

Bard's Tale and Wasteland 2 are also really great. The games are good if you don't have them. It's just that lots are previous PS+ giveaways or have been given away or bundled on other platforms. 

#32843 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20779 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

Disappointed by the lack of "this month was okay, but next month looks great" posts.  

#32844 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:16 PM

Last month was great, but this month looks okay.

BTW, EDF 4.1 is the base game plus apparently all available DLC. And each DLC is a separate key. So there's ~20 keys to activate.

#32845 nwaugh   thread killa CAGiversary!   1401 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

FYI - EDF is like 20 DLC different keys for some reason.

[Beaten - see above post.]

#32846 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4809 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

Would have liked Sniper Elite 3 and Rock of Ages 2, but overall I think the decision to skip this month was certainly the right call.

#32847 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:45 PM

Crappy last month and crappy looking next month since I have you know, most of the games or don't really care about a IGN Cultist Simulator. Sniper3 is a reapeat isn't it? I love Vermintide but yeah... I bought it on release. Hopefully the collectors edition upgrade is a seperate key.

#32848 Jurai  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

EDF is good for me, been wanting to try it on PC

#32849 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:15 PM

Sniper3 is a reapeat isn't it?

I could've sworn it was a Humble repeat, but it was actually bundled a couple times on GMG. Once in a $4 bundle w/ two other games, once in a $50 bundle for charity. It also had a free weekend on Steam a while ago and I recall wanting to speed through it but never bothered.

#32850 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Lots of good looking games in this month and for the unlocks next month, but don't know if I'm actually going to play any of them. I guess that's often the case with these bundles, but I didn't own any of these already and the gap between their quality and my level of interest in them is at an all time max, i.e., they all look like really good games, but I can't muster up excitement for any of them.