* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#33811 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5711 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:08 PM

Haha I was actually pleasantly surprised with the unlocks. Funny that I feel so much differently about it than everyone else.

Planet Alpha wasn't even on my radar, but it looks beautiful. Check it out if you like platformers and haven't seen it before. Avernum 3 is a little old school, but I wanted it. I'm a Sonic fan, so I wasn't real salty about that early reveal.

Maybe not as good as the next month looks, but I did manage to pick up 3 games I'll actually play for $9.00

#33812 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:19 PM

Haha I was actually pleasantly surprised with the unlocks. Funny that I feel so much differently about it than everyone else.

Planet Alpha wasn't even on my radar, but it looks beautiful. Check it out if you like platformers and haven't seen it before. Avernum 3 is a little old school, but I wanted it. I'm a Sonic fan, so I wasn't real salty about that early reveal.

Maybe not as good as the next month looks, but I did manage to pick up 3 games I'll actually play for $9.00

Yeah at first glance i wasn't thrilled with the unlocks but at second glance i somehow skipped over avernum (the series is supposed to be really good crpgs, so i'll take it), and after looking more into the games in the bundle planet alpha looks like it could be a decent enough platformer and it is really good looking. And spiral scouts is a puzzle game that has really good user reviews on metacritic, and an 85 and 78 from critics (only two critic reviews), so i decided to keep that as well. Already had Sonic Mania from ps plus so i just sold it along with battletech. 

#33813 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10766 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:21 PM

Unlocks were poop.  Headliners for this month are poop.  'member when Humble had PC games in their bundles?

#33814 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:23 PM

Very upset that I paid full price for Crash and Spyro on PC and PS4 and Spyro on Switch. You're welcome.

• HBX likes this

#33815 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:23 PM

Unlocks were poop.  Headliners for this month are poop.  'member when Humble had PC games in their bundles?

Still waiting for Red Dead Redemption 1 HD Remaster PC port in a Humble Monthly...

#33816 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:34 PM

Very upset that I paid full price for Crash and Spyro on PC and PS4 and Spyro on Switch. You're welcome.

I bought Yakuza 0 during a Steam sale, then it was a Humble Monthly headliner a month later. I'm hoping for Kiwami 2 to be a headliner in the future, to even the score. 

As for these headliners, they are definitely strong but I'm not sure how much they would appeal to me. I don't have nostalgia attached to these games. An interesting aspect is that if Activision is this persuadable, perhaps it's time for Square Enix to give one of their JRPG titles eg. Final Fantasy XV, as a headliner.

#33817 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4688 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:29 AM

Glad I passed on a copy of Crash for $3.75 from a local Gamestop during their PC games clear out. This is a tremendous deal. Tremendous.

#33818 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5421 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:06 AM

As awesome as this is, can I subscribe for one month...and then cancel?  Asking...for a friend.  Oh, wait.  I don't have any friends.

Yes. You can even cancel straight after subscribing if you don't care about the Humble Store discount. You don't have to wait until next month, and you still receive the rest of the bundle.

#33819 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:32 AM

Damn this is a good bundle for the month of November 

#33820 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:42 AM

I mean, at this point you really have no one to blame but yourself.

#33821 spoderman  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:05 AM

ATTENTION: We have run out of Steam keys for Override: Mech City Brawl. We are getting more ASAP. We will have Steam keys for you as soon as they are available again!

First time I've seen that happen in a monthly bundle.

#33822 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7109 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:20 AM

ATTENTION: We have run out of Steam keys for Override: Mech City Brawl. We are getting more ASAP. We will have Steam keys for you as soon as they are available again!

Fanatical has its own Override: Mech City Brawl bundle that includes DLC for $4.99 if that interests anyone.

https://www.fanatica...ty-brawl-bundle

#33823 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

I mean, at this point you really have no one to blame but yourself.

Yea, but those are my all time favorite series. So I guess they do deserve the premium I paid.

#33824 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5711 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:57 PM

Mine said that when I looked at my purchase page yesterday, but when I clicked on Reveal Steam Key it was there. No idea why they'd leave it there if the problem was solved. Or maybe they've run out again, lol.

That's a Groupees move right there.

#33825 elessar123  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

It happened to me on last month's for something. I think Squad.

#33826 DoctorZ  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Is CoD WW2 even active on Steam? I guess it's worth a install at least for the campaign.
The CoD campaigns for the most part have been enjoyable.

Too bad they didn't give out BO3.

#33827 DickDurden   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:24 PM

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

#33828 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:40 AM

am i the crazy one? i stopped playing cod since advanced warfare, and if i wanted to play fucking spyro or crash, i'd pirate them and play them on my playstation classic. easy skip for me.

#33829 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:59 AM

am i the crazy one? i stopped playing cod since advanced warfare, and if i wanted to play fucking spyro or crash, i'd pirate them and play them on my playstation classic. easy skip for me.

yes, you are the crazy one, who buys a playstation classic?

#33830 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10766 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

Well, you agree with me on this so maybe you are crazy.  Humble is best when it offers high-tier indie games but since IGN has taken over we're seeing more and more console games dominate the offerings.  I mean... they had Sonic last month as an early reveal and now they're offer even more old Sega platformers.

#33831 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

Well, you agree with me on this so maybe you are crazy. Humble is best when it offers high-tier indie games but since IGN has taken over we're seeing more and more console games dominate the offerings. I mean... they had Sonic last month as an early reveal and now they're offer even more old Sega platformers.

>sega
Oh, Mooby.
c88.jpg

#33832 CannibalCrowley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

CannibalCrowley

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

Then why wouldn't you just pirate every pc game as well? Heck, why ever buy anything if that's your argument?

#33833 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:22 PM

yes, you are the crazy one, who buys a playstation classic?

Those who want to mod it up and get better performance out of the PSC.

Plus, it's been $20 in sales before; it's worth that, modded-up or not.

EDIT:

Some solid stuff and classics stuff in that line-up - i.e. Tekken 3, Resident Evil (original), FF7, MGS1.

Plus, the controllers are solid - even w/out the analogs.

#33834 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1280 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

I just subbed for the first time to get these games. If I cancel the account right now will I still get the rest of the games for November?

#33835 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:27 PM

I just subbed for the first time to get these games. If I cancel the account right now will I still get the rest of the games for November?

Yea you will get them, you might lose the humble store discount though, so if you're planning on buying other stuff it might be handy to keep around. Just make sure you cancel the thursday before the bundle unlocks, because that friday-ish you wont be able to cancel anymore and will be locked in to the next month

#33836 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9527 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:38 PM

Also about the PS Classic...have you seen those old Spyro/Crash games lately? They still play OK, but yeah I think 60 FPS nice on your eyes PC versions are the way to go.

#33837 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3006 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

Yea you will get them, you might lose the humble store discount though, so if you're planning on buying other stuff it might be handy to keep around. Just make sure you cancel the thursday before the bundle unlocks, because that friday-ish you wont be able to cancel anymore and will be locked in to the next month

Correction *TWO* Thursdays, before the bundle unlocks. The bundle always unlocks the first Friday of the month, but you get charged one calendar week before that. So that's not the Thursday one day before, but eight days before. 

#33838 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

Correction *TWO* Thursdays, before the bundle unlocks. The bundle always unlocks the first Friday of the month, but you get charged one calendar week before that. So that's not the Thursday one day before, but eight days before. 

oh right right, originally wrote that as the week before, then tried to get specific, forgot there was a thursday the day before the unlock :)

#33839 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25042 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:05 AM

Is CoD WW2 even active on Steam?

I guess it's worth a install at least for the campaign (COD WW2).
The CoD campaigns for the most part have been enjoyable.

Too bad they didn't give out BO3.

Yeah, I've enjoyed most of the COD SP campaigns. Bought it for that alone, even if the MP could possibly be dead.

Though, I did like the WW2 MP in its Free Weekends, when Steam had them here & there.

I already have BO3, backlogged.

#33840 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4688 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:29 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=6140731

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free