* * * * * 22 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#34111 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5857 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:10 PM

Gamepass can go to hell. Can't backlog that shit.

As someone that doesn't have that particular "service", I'm pretty happy about this month. A number of games are on my wishlist,

I'm also not bothered (or surprised) about the big games with tons of DLC. If I bought them from Steam, I'd be tempted to get the upgraded package with bundled DLC. Now I can play them (or forget them forever) and decide whether or not I want more.

I'll probably skip the My Little Pony game and the one Tim Sweeney gave everyone for free.

#34112 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27747 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

I think the key to Game Pass will be to play really expensive games and/or new games ASAP; especially if they are LONG. You can always try to buy that stuff later (as long as it's still being sold), when it gets cheaper. $5 for basically a one month rental for their games is a steal, IMHO.

This way...well, you could also have way less to play later. And you also won't get burnt-out playing too much of the same thing at once.

Sure, on Game Pass...I've already played base-games to Metro: Exodus, Gears 5, Wolfenstein II: TNC, and Outer Worlds - but I'd be fine w/ owning them, for like $5-10 or less later; or especially Complete Editions for $15 or less w/ everything.

The Expansion Pass for Exodus isn't done yet (and those aren't yet in Game Pass - Two Colonels to me sounds very interesting b/c it sounds like it's more up the much-more previous linear Metro game's alley) and Outer Worlds hasn't had their batch of DLC's come out yet. Wolfenstein II's DLC's ain't in the Game Pass yet either. Still, plenty of reason already there for me to buy later - as I'm normally one of those guys who wants to play any worthwhile or decent DLC's/expansions.

#34113 weretable   is that you baby, or just a brilliant disguise CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

I know myself well enough to know that throwing money at something like Game Pass just means I'll be paying for something that I'll never use in order to get cheap access to newer games that I won't play until they have been out for years anyway.  *shrug*

#34114 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3086 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 07:24 PM

I know myself well enough to know that throwing money at something like Game Pass just means I'll be paying for something that I'll never use in order to get cheap access to newer games that I won't play until they have been out for years anyway.  *shrug*

You're not wrong, but I did it anyway. Everybody wastes money on something. Hookers and blow is so eighties....

#34115 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

I don't think I'll keep paying past my 3 month trial, but it's honestly been fun to play some new games. There's something to the experience of hearing someone talk about a game/seeing someone play a game and being able to check it out and enjoy the experience along with everyone else.

Especially games like Halo: Reach PC, The Outer Worlds etc that are almost entirely nostalgia hype trips. Much funner to get aboard those experiences while the hype train is chugging away and you can feed off the collective sense of nostalgia.

#34116 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:29 AM

I've been playing a ton of GamePass stuff and I think the only game I've really played and enjoyed from Humble in the last 6 months was Blasphemous. Everything else went straight to the backlog, which for me has come to mean I probably won't ever play it. Now that I have less time for gaming I find that I value being able to play new games for as cheap as possible while I'm still interested as opposed to amassing a huge collection of older stuff I won't ever touch. I'm not sure if I'll resubscribe to GamePass once the 3 years I got for cheap run out, but so far it has already paid for itself and then some.

#34117 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11680 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, Game Pass put me off buying new stuff for now.  So I guess it's saving me money!  And I got my value's worth by not spending anything extra to jump on the Outer Worlds hype train (and get bored with it), realize that Rage 2 was as mediocre as I would have guessed and enjoyed playing Operencia, which I otherwise wouldn't have taken a chance on.

#34118 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3866 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, Game Pass put me off buying new stuff for now.  So I guess it's saving me money!  And I got my value's worth by not spending anything extra to jump on the Outer Worlds hype train (and get bored with it), realize that Rage 2 was as mediocre as I would have guessed and enjoyed playing Operencia, which I otherwise wouldn't have taken a chance on.

If only time machines existed... Fuck all the wrongs there are to right or each and every missed opportunity... I'll go back and wait to play Rage 2 on GamePass. I'd only need about an hour of play before I'd turn it off and say, with more than a little disgust, "Ugh, glad I didn't buy that piece of shit."

#34119 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:22 AM

So after a little debate I skipped the My little pony fighter trash and Bad north. I chose to skip bad north because I got it free from Tim Swine and its on gamepass. As for my little pony fighter, it seemed like the biggest piece of trash in the bundle. Even with all that said I stand behind that Humble Classic should get all and shouldn't have to choose. 

Here is to hoping next month will be better but we all know it wont. 

#34120 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2215 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:52 AM

I think the key to Game Pass will be to play really expensive games and/or new games ASAP; especially if they are LONG. You can always try to buy that stuff later (as long as it's still being sold), when it gets cheaper. $5 for basically a one month rental for their games is a steal, IMHO.

This way...well, you could also have way less to play later. And you also won't get burnt-out playing too much of the same thing at once.

Sure, on Game Pass...I've already played base-games to Metro: Exodus, Gears 5, Wolfenstein II: TNC, and Outer Worlds - but I'd be fine w/ owning them, for like $5-10 or less later; or especially Complete Editions for $15 or less w/ everything.

The Expansion Pass for Exodus isn't done yet (and those aren't yet in Game Pass - Two Colonels to me sounds very interesting b/c it sounds like it's more up the much-more previous linear Metro game's alley) and Outer Worlds hasn't had their batch of DLC's come out yet. Wolfenstein II's DLC's ain't in the Game Pass yet either. Still, plenty of reason already there for me to buy later - as I'm normally one of those guys who wants to play any worthwhile or decent DLC's/expansions.

What i love about GamePass is I can try all these games WITHOUT paying any money upfront (aside from the general fee for the service which I got insanely cheap).

I’ve loved games that I never thought to buy, and I’ve really ended up not liking games that I would have spent money on otherwise (untitled goose game to name one).

GamePass has definitely saved me money on games that I would have bought, a lot of money actually.

#34121 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2215 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

I think I’m going to cancel humble classic. It’s a good scam to try to keep subs, but I’m out, zero games interest me this money, or I already have them. Not worth the $12 hit Id take to chance having classic be worth it down the road.

#34122 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5443 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:59 AM

I think I’m going to cancel humble classic. It’s a good scam to try to keep subs, but I’m out, zero games interest me this money, or I already have them. Not worth the $12 hit Id take to chance having classic be worth it down the road.

You can skip the month if you don't like it.

#34123 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2215 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:16 AM

You can skip the month if you don't like it.

Didn’t notice that, that’s way better, thanks!
  • Ex~ likes this

#34124 darksurtur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

New bundle up: Sweet Farm.

$1: Niche, MagiCat, Evergarden
BTA: Equilinox, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Samorost 3
$10: Stardew Valley

#34125 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11490 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:08 PM

giphy.gif

#34126 Blade   This is the way Silenced   15480 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:13 AM

y u no git wen Stardew Valley in November 2016 Humble Monthly???

#34127 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:24 PM

Is every boss in MagiCat a big blob that splits up into smaller blobs when damaged? 

#34128 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2867 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

more like Funky Barn

cause its full of horseshit

#34129 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:37 PM

I don't own the $1 tier games so I'm in for that.

That's the first time I've spent money on a HB since the RPG Bundle on September 3.

#34130 durden26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

New bundle

Supports fire relief in Australia

$25 for:

Void Bastards

Hollow Knight

Hands of Fate 2

Duck Game

Euro Truck Sim 2

Armello

Paradigm

Crawl

Adventure Pals

Regular Human Basketball

Satellite Reign

Hacknet

+17 more 

#34131 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11223 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:31 PM

Lots of games for sure and great for someone who doesn't own a lot of the games. Think the main games are probably Void Bastards and Hands of Fate 2.

#34132 Fatality  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:16 PM

New bundle

$25 for:

Void Bastards

Hollow Knight

Hands of Fate 2

Duck Game

Euro Truck Sim 2

Armello

Paradigm

Crawl

Adventure Pals

Regular Human Basketball

Satellite Reign

Hacknet

+17 more 

poop
Hasn't Australia been through enough

#34133 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11490 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:20 PM

Some solid games in there.  Not enough of ones I don't own that I'd pay $25 for, though.

#34134 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6197 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:40 AM

New bundle

$25 for:

Void Bastards
Hollow Knight
Hands of Fate 2
Duck Game
Euro Truck Sim 2
Armello
Paradigm
Crawl
Adventure Pals
Regular Human Basketball
Satellite Reign
Hacknet

+17 more

Who made this bundle without including Firewatch?

#34135 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:41 AM

Fuck dude, damn...

#34136 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6197 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:03 AM

Fuck dude, damn...

What? It's a good game!

#34137 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:23 PM

Seems like they used to get a lot more publishers to jump on these kinds of charity bundles. Back in the 2017 you got The Witness, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, The Stanley Parable, Super Meat Boy, World of Goo, Octodad, Day of the Tentacle, Guacamelee STCE etc. and that was all just for the anti-Trump charity. I guess Australia burning doesn't attract quite as much concern. Well, hopefully they'll get more people to jump on board in 2021 when Trumpcat gets elected again.

#34138 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11490 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:56 AM

Seems like they used to get a lot more publishers to jump on these kinds of charity bundles. Back in the 2017 you got The Witness, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, The Stanley Parable, Super Meat Boy, World of Goo, Octodad, Day of the Tentacle, Guacamelee STCE etc. and that was all just for the anti-Trump charity. I guess Australia burning doesn't attract quite as much concern. Well, hopefully they'll get more people to jump on board in 2021 when Trumpcat gets elected again.

By 2017 stuff like World of Goo, Day of the Tentacle, Guacamelee, and Super Meat Boy were effectively worth about $1 each, tops.  Stanley Parable is a walking/thought sim.  IMO, the current one is loaded with much better/more current games.

#34139 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:34 AM

By 2017 stuff like World of Goo, Day of the Tentacle, Guacamelee, and Super Meat Boy were effectively worth about $1 each, tops.  Stanley Parable is a walking/thought sim.  IMO, the current one is loaded with much better/more current games.

I'd say in 2017 The Witness and Stardew Valley alone were worth the $30, and Subnautica would still run you good money (and be worth it). Maybe World of Goo was $1 value in 2017 but some of the other games weren't quite there yet.

Hollow Knight is the only thing worth anything in this bundle but everyone already has it and it's not the complete edition.

#34140 DisposableT  

DisposableT

Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:30 AM

I think the bundle has some great small games.

It's not always the big ones that matter.