* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#34201 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:31 PM

stupid question, i have 1 choice left on last month's bundle. does that shit expire or can i hold it in perpetuity?

From what I can tell you can hold onto it for as long as you want. Haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

#34202 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25380 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:50 PM

eh bundle isn't really for me. frostpunk doesn't really seem like it'd be my thing and i have okami on console. 

the hex, project warlock, and underhero seem either good or interesting enough to keep. 

In case someone's trying not to use up a "Humble Choice..." & trying to get the whole bundle...

The Hex is in the Fanatical Hidden Gems 8 Bundle for $2.49 with other games:

https://www.fanatica...n-gems-8-bundle

EDIT:

Nice to see Okami HD. I've been thinking of picking that up during various Steam sales, never played the original. 

If you aren't happy with Frostpunk and Night Call also being on Gamepass, well you're in luck: Classic subscription only offers 10 unlocks, so you can't get all 12 of the games anyway! Yay!

You could save one Humble pick for something else...by getting Hex on Fanatical in HG8 for $2.49 w/ other stuff. See first part of this post.

Played Night Call in Game Pass. Short, but cool game. I wouldn't mind owning that.

#34203 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10856 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:18 PM

Skipping again.  Already have Frostpunk and Book of Demons.  Rest is meh.  They need a $5 tier to allow you to pick some of the dregs/lesser titles.

#34204 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4756 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:44 PM

Skipping again.  Already have Frostpunk and Book of Demons.  Rest is meh.  They need a $5 tier to allow you to pick some of the dregs/lesser titles.

Like I've often said, with my great and unmatched wisdom, don't buy any games unless they're less than $2 because they'll all eventually be in a Humble Monthly. You of all people should know this Mooby  :shame:

#34205 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3218 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:55 PM

I know this has been the case for a long time, but it's always frustrating when only one or no pieces of DLC are included. It'll probably be pretty expensive to get the remaining DLC for Frostpunk and Pathfinder. Not sure if I should keep my subscription, but I did want Okami.

#34206 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:59 PM

These subscription i feel like forces splitting

I'm never going to like 10 of these games.

Okami Undhero and Project Warlock looks cool to me. everything else looks like it's for people who aren't me

#34207 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10856 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:13 AM

Like I've often said, with my great and unmatched wisdom, don't buy any games unless they're less than $2 because they'll all eventually be in a Humble Monthly. You of all people should know this Mooby  :shame:

Got Frostpunk when they let some rando sell pirated versions for $1 on Amazon.  Developers gave everyone a Steam key.  Book of Demons was gifted to me by Preedatore!

#34208 07ron  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:37 AM

Having just bought and finished Eliza during the Steam Xmas sale I can recommend it as an excellent experience. I won't say game as it's basically interactive fiction but it was one of the best things I used Steam for in 2019. An affecting narrative about mental health, tech, and responsibility.

Also I just picked up a Pathfinder Kingmaker key from another CAG. That was a game I've been eyeing up for awhile but always found it too expensive. Not now thanks to Humble/CAG   :D/

#34209 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4325 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:04 AM

Spent some time with Warlock and enjoyed it quite a bit. Got Underhero last month during a big sale for like $3, so that's not bad and I loved the core game enough in that time to make it well worth the time I spent with it then.

#34210 CucoGordo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

How do you skip monthly, just don't pick anything or do I hafta do something else? 

#34211 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5137 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

How do you skip monthly, just don't pick anything or do I hafta do something else?

You have to go into your account settings and select “Pause a Month” or else you’ll get auto charged by the end of the month.

#34212 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:16 PM

I was offered a $2 discount to not pause, but besides Okami I'm not too interested.

#34213 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10856 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

Warlock looks interesting but will surely be bundled in something else later.

#34214 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

I was offered a $2 discount to not pause, but besides Okami I'm not too interested.

Just for data purposes, did you select a particular reason for pausing, and did the discount offer come after selecting a reason?

#34215 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:42 PM

When I selected Pause a Month, then Pause My Subscription on the next screen the message pops up. I did it twice and the message popped up both times.

#34216 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5434 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:35 PM

stupid question, i have 1 choice left on last month's bundle. does that shit expire or can i hold it in perpetuity?

From what I can tell you can hold onto it for as long as you want. Haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

Just be aware that Humble don't seem to allocate the key until you reveal it, so while you may be able to keep the choice forever... they may not have any keys left when you finally pick.

I've personally seen this apply to Humble originals which had Steam keys added, store purchases, and store giveaways; and while I haven't experienced it myself, I've seen others' posts about it also applying to bundles.

#34217 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3168 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:14 AM

https://blog.humbleb...ng-for-bundles/

Announcing Regional Pricing for Bundles

Today, Monday, February 10, 2020, we’re making purchasing more consistent across our store, bundles and Humble Choice by introducing regional pricing for all of our bundles. The following currencies are supported for bundles: EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, NZD, TRY, RUB, and PHP. 

Please note, for live bundles launched before today, the currency is still in USD.

We already do this for some Humble Choice currencies. For more info, check out our blog here.

#34218 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10856 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:58 AM

Unless they start pricing the Humble Choice in rubles, they aren't going to get any new subscribers.

#34219 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

Unless they start pricing the Humble Choice in rubles, they aren't going to get any new subscribers.

5jtFTzAk_400x400.jpg

#34220 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3168 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

I am resigned to the notion that this may signify the undoing of Humble, whether by ignorance or by design.

While I cannot feign any true feelings of indignation on behalf of those who will be negatively affected by regional pricing, neither shall I dignify these changes.

Perhaps my views on the matter are misaligned, and I would do better to reassign them to a more optimistic outlook - such that the new policy may turn out benign.

#34221 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21048 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:03 PM

You guys are just too lazy.  It just takes a some consolebro level shenanigans to come out on top.  Here's my story:

1. Threaten to pause for $2 discount.

2. Pay $10 for bundle.

3. Trade Frostpunk, Pathfinder, and Cryofall for 7 TF2 keys.

4. Sell 7 TF2 keys for $15 Steam Wallet

5. Buy American Truck Simulator Washington and Oregon bundle.

6. Profit

7. Still claimed 7 games from Humble choice including Okami, Project Warlord, and Warstone TD (my main wants).

#34222 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1702 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:30 PM

Humble VR Bundle

#34223 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6218 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

When I selected Pause a Month, then Pause My Subscription on the next screen the message pops up. I did it twice and the message popped up both times.

Kudos to you, but I just went through the whole pause process (all 17 pages of it)  without getting that offer. Looks like I waited too long.

I guess I'll just have to find another way to pick up a bunch of games that I'll never play.

#34224 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14735 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

I doubt regional pricing will work in anyone's advantage. They already have me going through "manual verification" for any bundle I pay $1 for. Every bundle I've purchased since December has been "flagged" and I've had to enter a code from my phone, before the purchase is manually reviewed by their worker hogs.

If anything, I believe they will implement further precautions to prevent people from "abusing" their system. Such as adding new regional verifications, or not giving us Steam codes for our bundles so people in other countries can't sell them for profit.

I'll be more than ready to snag any Switch games if I'm wrong, but I don't think Humble will make this mistake.

#34225 weretable   I'm your huckleberry CAGiversary!   954 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:28 AM

The post talking about Humble running out of keys made me think I should go check my unredeemed keys and I have 17 pages going back to 2016.  Uh, I guess since I am too lazy to sell anything I need to mass reveal them and give them away at some point.  Remind me in a year or so.

#34226 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25380 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:02 AM

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season One.

D4: Standard Edition [Steam] = $3.75 without HC membership / $3 for current HC members.

D4: Humble Deluxe Edition [Steam key] = $4.99 without HC membership / $3.99 for current HC members:

Humble Deluxe Edition includes:

• DRM-free version of D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die - Season One (base-game)
  • Steam version of D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die - Season One (base-game)
  • Postcards
  • Humble Edition Soundtrack
  • Wallpapers

#34227 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:04 AM

You guys are just too lazy. It just takes a some consolebro level shenanigans to come out on top. Here's my story:

1. Threaten to pause for $2 discount.
2. Pay $10 for bundle.
3. Trade Frostpunk, Pathfinder, and Cryofall for 7 TF2 keys.
4. Sell 7 TF2 keys for $15 Steam Wallet
5. Buy American Truck Simulator Washington and Oregon bundle.
6. Profit
7. Still claimed 7 games from Humble choice including Okami, Project Warlord, and Warstone TD (my main wants).

That's the best u got?

Here it is in 1 step:

1. Stop buying Humble Bundles

giphy.gif

#34228 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3581 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:06 AM

That's the best u got?

Here it is in 1 step:

1. Stop buying Humble Bundles

giphy.gif

I'll counter with:
giphy.gif

#34229 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4673 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:10 AM

I'll counter with:
giphy.gif

I'll counter your counter with:

a03465d0-f45d-43f8-bb99-d4ed7e6eec2e.jpe

#34230 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7553 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:17 AM

Kudos to you, but I just went through the whole pause process (all 17 pages of it)  without getting that offer. Looks like I waited too long.

I guess I'll just have to find another way to pick up a bunch of games that I'll never play.

I also paused and got nothing for my trouble.