* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#34261 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:53 AM

Yeah, my new one does too. My buddies who worked for EA used it for coding and graphic design, and I used it for data science and cybersecurity, so it covers pretty much every IT profession. Some of the bigger companies I've worked at have licenses for Skillsoft, and that is a great resource, but one that's only accessible with a pricey corporate license. It includes thousands of books and audiobooks, the only caveat being that the book presentation format largely discourages downloading for later use.

yea my previous job had skillsoft licenses, I do remember there being like a 5 book download limit. Though one book everyone had downloaded was interviews for programmers, since we were all leaving that place and luckily they had a good selection of those

#34262 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5190 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

Trying to pick humble bundle options before the new games drop ... there was so much Indie crap last month ... if this month is the same, I may have to cancel. 6 games I had zero interest in 😑

#34263 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1427 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:11 PM

Not a big fan of these unlocks.  Some more gamepass stuff, a bunch of meh turn based stuff and planet coaster which looks great but I doubt I would put much time into it.  This will likely end up being the first humble choice I completely pass on.  I think Pedro is the only game I would end up playing and want to add to my library.

#34264 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:14 PM

I'll probably get this because I've eyed Planet Coaster plenty of times in the past but I'm pretty underwhelmed by everything else in there.

EDIT: Actually, once I gave it a closer look, there's a few games in there I'd probably play.  I'm going to say I'm whelmed.  It doesn't blow me away but I'll find some value in it.

#34265 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:19 PM

Stupid X-Pass, making Humble Choice useless to me.

Two months I've paused, never done that with the old version.

#34266 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5190 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:24 PM

Hmm, already have Planet Coaster and Game Pass does make this a harder sell for the rest. Torn ... seems better than last month but still not hitting the value we saw in some of last year’s bundles.

#34267 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:49 PM

Fine looking bundle, even if the only game I really want in the bunch is the 23-year-old N64 shooter.

#34268 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9975 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:04 PM

I'd say it's an alright bundle. I hate having to decide skips. For me it's likely Battle Chasers Nightwar (started playing on PS4 and this is about as ho hum an RPG as you can get) and F1 2019. Nightwar has a great art style, but the gameplay was a bit slow and the story/characters kind of boring. Was playing it from an old THQ PS4 bundle. Not highly recommended. Alright bundle and hope a few of these are pretty fun.

#34269 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8808 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:28 PM

not a bad bundle but the headliners (not too into racing games and i know i'll never play a coaster management simulator, my friend pedro is on gamepass but i'll take it anyway) aren't appealing. some of the other games appeal to me a bit though (fell seal, battle chasers, death's gambit, niffleheim) as ones to take a shot on. 

#34270 elessar123  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

Fell Seal is the highlight for me too, since I have Battle Chasers and My Friend Pedro on console already. I was going to wait to get it on console also, since TRPGs are better on mobile devices, imo.

#34271 SqueeMK2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:03 PM

Not much that completely knocks my socks off, but almost the entire bundle was stuff I'm vaguely interested in and I think it's the first one of these Choice bundles where I didn't own any of it. Actually have to decide which 2 games to leave behind, leaning toward dropping F1 and Etherborn although it still stings a little. I'm not really a fan of racing games in general but Codemasters does good stuff, and Etherborn looks like prime "Arty puzzle game from a bundle I play for a few hours and have a good time and feel satisfied" territory.

Have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with Humble Choice, haven't had a stinker yet. Don't doubt they'll turn it around eventually but it's been feeling stronger than Monthly.

#34272 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2837 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:18 PM

Time to pause another month I guess. This one's a real stinker

#34273 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:27 PM

Is it just me or are they only listing the top 3 headliners? I don't see where the other games are besides Pedro, F1 and Coaster.

#34274 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:32 PM

Is it just me or are they only listing the top 3 headliners? I don't see where the other games are besides Pedro, F1 and Coaster.

Yeah, I think you need to be a subscriber, or specifically you need to be unpaused. Then you can see the full list of available games by going to "Choice" and then "My Subcription". For the record:

My Friend Pedro

F1 2019 Anniversary Edition

Planet Coaster + World's Fair Pack DLC

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Exapunks

Turok

Death's Gambit

198X

Niffelheim

AI War 2

Etherborn

#34275 TheSupremeForce   Knight of the Word CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

TheSupremeForce

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:01 PM

Fell Seal is one of my top games of the last five years. It's the most spot on "inspired by Final Fantasy: Tactics" game I've ever played. O course, this means that I already own it (along with Battle Chasers), but I'd recommend the bundle to anyone with any fondness of FF:T. I'll still opt in for Death's Gambit, Turok and Niffelhelm. Then I'll try to give away Fell Seal as part of my ongoing attempt to convince people to play games that I like. 

#34276 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5190 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:09 PM

I paused, just didn’t find anything appealing enough after I dug a little deeper into the included games.

#34277 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:48 PM

I dunno about this bundle. It might be the most "meh" Humble Choice...or most underrated. I'm really not sure. [shrug]

There just seems to be...missing that one big knock-out punch to make me buy this thing right now.

Interestingly enough, the current Fanatical Pick & Mix looks more interesting than this HC...

#34278 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, I think you need to be a subscriber, or specifically you need to be unpaused. Then you can see the full list of available games by going to "Choice" and then "My Subcription". For the record:

My Friend Pedro

F1 2019 Anniversary Edition

Planet Coaster + World's Fair Pack DLC

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Exapunks

Turok

Death's Gambit

198X

Niffelheim

AI War 2

Etherborn

I think it was that I'm not auto-logged into my account when on their website. Just checked and the email they sent me has all the games listed.

#34279 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10943 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:42 PM

Headliners don't interest me but some of the fodder does.  If anyone wants to split it, I'd take five slots for Fell Seal, Battle Chasers, Death's Gambit, Turok, and Niffelheim but sell you the other five slots if you want the 'more notable' stuff like Pedro, Planet Coaster, etc. for a whopping $6 Amazon GeeCee.

Or if anyone has some slots to sell and availability of some of the stuff I want, hit meh upz.

source.gif

#34280 Nikobelakhov   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Nikobelakhov

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:01 AM

Headliners don't interest me but some of the fodder does.  If anyone wants to split it, I'd take five slots for Fell Seal, Battle Chasers, Death's Gambit, Turok, and Niffelheim but sell you the other five slots if you want the 'more notable' stuff like Pedro, Planet Coaster, etc. for a whopping $6 Amazon GeeCee.

Or if anyone has some slots to sell and availability of some of the stuff I want, hit meh upz.

source.gif

I was in the same boat as you exactly. I wanted the exact same games as you but didn't want any of the headliners. I ended up pulling the trigger and was able to sell the other 5  games on reddit for $14. Might be worth doing this. This is the 3rd month in a row where i've kept the games I've wanted from choice, and sold the rest for more than I paid for the entire subscription.

#34281 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5004 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:57 AM

Then I'll try to give away Fell Seal as part of my ongoing attempt to convince people to play games that I like.

Ooh, ooh, convince me. I’m super convinceable.

#34282 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2837 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

source.gif

i'll give you 2 bux for exapunks if you end up doing this. that's the only thing i'd want

#34283 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7823 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

Reminder that the Humble Digital Tabletop 2 bundle ends in 3 days.  Going for the top tier of this one in order to get Slay the Spire, but I have Armello and the Reigns games already.

https://www.humblebu...abletop2_bundle

#34284 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:24 PM

I only really wanted Turok, so I found someone selling their code for $3. I'll just pause again this month.

#34285 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10943 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2020 - 04:18 PM

Was able to pick up Battlechasers, Turok, Death's Gambit, and Niffelheim for $5.  Will be pausing Humble Choice yet again.

#34286 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4817 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

Was able to pick up Battlechasers, Turok, Death's Gambit, and Niffelheim for $4.99. Will be pausing Humble Choice yet again.

#34287 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25646 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2020 - 10:30 PM

Was able to pick up Battlechasers, Turok, Death's Gambit, and Niffelheim for $4.99. Will be pausing Humble Choice yet again.

source.gif

#34288 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2837 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:51 AM

that's what's known as The Art of the Deal

#34289 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5742 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:54 AM

Interesting how polarizing this bundle seems to be. I guess it's a combination of Game Pass (enjoy your rental suckas!) and somewhat niche games.

Personally, Fell Seal is my big draw. Battlechasers, Niffelheim, Death's Gambit, My Friend Pedro, and AI War 2 are all playlist for me. EXA Punks is a nice brainy-looking Zachtronics puzzler that will look great in my backlog.

Already had Planet Coaster (former monthly or something??), but there's plenty of meat on the bones there for me (apparently?) weird tastes. So far Choice has been a better balance of interesting picks for me. Monthly, at times, leaned a little too heavily on its initial reveals and the rest wasn't quite as good. Could just be me.

#34290 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2206 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:59 AM

Just bought Planet Coaster a couple of months ago, dang it. Probably going to be a skip this month.

Interested in Turok though. If anyone wants to get rid of that for a buck, hit me up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free