* * * * * 21 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#34861 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5438 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:31 PM

Hi all, here's a bunch of unused/unwanted keys from the Racial Justice bundle a few weeks ago:

Got Armello and Crowntakers, thanks. :)

#34862 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5213 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

Pretty meh. Was hoping for something like Yakuza Kiwami 2, but that will probably be end of the year, based on the past titles.

Hellblade from last month looks interesting and I never did end up getting it, but I'm getting the sense that Epic Games Store will give it away at some point.

Also, there hasn't been a Ubisoft headliner since AC: Origins last year.

Hellblade is an absolutely stunning looking walking simulator / tech demo with extremely mediocre combat and very little else ... and a ‘deep’ story about mental illness or something ... I honestly found it prettt awful to be honest, and I’m a fan of that developer’s previous work. I would wait to get it for free / very little and/or pick up the sequel when it comes out on the next gen Xbox (assuming they address what was lacking in the first game).

Oh and yeah, bundle sucks for July but I say that every month. Kind of want to own Planetfall though ... hmmm

#34863 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   1004 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:37 PM

I am happy with it.  Classic plan and had three of the games wishlisted too though.  I sometimes wonder why people do not like the bundle forgetting a lot of people are not on classic.  I'd be disappointed with most months if I wasn't.

#34864 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3292 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:55 PM

It's a shame the season pass isn't included with Planetfall as is typical for Humble. I wish they'd only include games without DLC if they're not going to provide the complete package.

#34865 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4743 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:20 AM

It's way past time for No Man's Sky to be in a bundle.

I was on the verge of buying it with GatesBux for Xboner, but then it appears on Game Ass. Was really looking forward to trying it out and did so the first two days it was on there. I dunno, just not pulling me in..
Almost too much procedural generation?

I was considering NMS for $15. I would have been disappointed with that purchase.

Went back to The Witcher 3 and Far Cry 5. FarCry 5 was a given once it hit sub 15. I'm not completely regretting it.... It's serviceable, but tired. While I wasn't really needing an AC 'refresh', I'm thinking it might be good to apply some of that wax to the FarCry series.
Maybe give the protagonist in FarCry 6 a hidden blade and make him an assassin in a secret society... Something fresh like Dat!

#34866 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25759 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:07 AM

I was on the verge of buying it with GatesBux for Xboner, but then it appears on Game Ass. Was really looking forward to trying it out and did so the first two days it was on there. I dunno, just not pulling me in..
Almost too much procedural generation?

I was considering NMS for $15. I would have been disappointed with that purchase.

Went back to The Witcher 3 and Far Cry 5. FarCry 5 was a given once it hit sub 15. I'm not completely regretting it.... It's serviceable, but tired. While I wasn't really needing an AC 'refresh', I'm thinking it might be good to apply some of that wax to the FarCry series.
Maybe give the protagonist in FarCry 6 a hidden blade and make him an assassin in a secret society... Something fresh like Dat!

Rumor is Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) might be the villain for Far Cry 6:

https://www.destruct...n-596308.phtml?

#34867 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10985 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:16 AM

That Far Cry 5 expansion looks more interesting to me.  But... Denuvo, so not considering it unless it's in some bundle.

#34868 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4743 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:29 AM

That Far Cry 5 expansion looks more interesting to me. But... Denuvo, so not considering it unless it's in some bundle.

Maybe, but I have to make it through the base game first and the expansion needs to hit sub $10 and MysterD's mom has to show me a good time (e. g. Read me MysterD's list of games from 2010-current in order of disk space required from highest to lowest.)

#34869 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25759 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:33 AM

Maybe, but I have to make it through the base game first and the expansion needs to hit sub $10 and MysterD's mom has to show me a good time (e. g. Read me MysterD's list of games from 2010-current in order of disk space required from highest to lowest.)

tenor.gif

#34870 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11324 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:23 AM

I am happy with it.  Classic plan and had three of the games wishlisted too though.  I sometimes wonder why people do not like the bundle forgetting a lot of people are not on classic.  I'd be disappointed with most months if I wasn't.

True.  I think the only month I was particularly annoyed with was last month, and that's only because like half of the games were already given away on Twitch Prime or in Fanatical bundles.... and Hellblade was a repeat from Humble itself. 

#34871 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

Summer Adventure Games Bundle

I can't tell if it's stupid or genius to put the 2nd season of Telltale's Batman series in the $1 tier and the 1st season in the $15 tier. Incentivizes buying the full bundle if you don't want to miss out on the beginning of the story.

#34872 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14920 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:10 PM

Humble Summer Adventure Games

Pay $0:

• Watch all these "games" for free on Youtube, like Mooby does

Pay $1:

BTA (currently $8.35 and bricking):

Pay $15 or more:

#34873 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10985 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

Meh.

#34874 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1441 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:17 PM

I prefer this adventure bundle to this months humble choice.  I still need the final season of the walking dead and the two telltale batman games look decent, but I don't know if I want to drop $15 on it.  Maybe the cesspool will come through since I have 2 weeks left to decide.

The Wolf Among Us is really good, right up there with the first season of the Walking Dead imo, definitely worth watching playing if you haven't.

#34875 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:25 PM

Probably gonna do the dollar tier for Batman and Oxenfree.  Weird that they'd put the Batman sequel in the lower tier and the first game in the highest but whatever, I already have the first one.  I also already have Walking Dead Seasons 1, 2 and 400 Days and still haven't finished Season 2 so i doubt i'll ever get around to the Final Season.  I've heard good things about Wolf Among Us but not enough for me to drop another $7 on it when it's like half that on Steam right now.

#34876 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10022 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:23 PM

I wish the top tier was like $12. I'm missing the final 2 Walking Dead games and the other top game. I think I might only have Batman on console. Not my favorite bundle but it's alright.

#34877 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:09 AM

if i didn't have any of these games it'd be an easy buy, as is i just want the batman games and the last walking dead season but not sure if i wanna spend 15 for that

#34878 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3576 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:01 AM

If any of you retards want I bought the bundle and forgot I had:

• Oxenfree
  • The Walking Dead:
  • _s1
  • _s2
  • _400
  • _mICHONNE

So I can send you the keys if you ask in a kawaii manner

#34879 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5042 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:27 AM

If any of you retards want I bought the bundle and forgot I had:

• Oxenfree
  • The Walking Dead:
  • _s1
  • _s2
  • _400
  • _mICHONNE
So I can send you the keys if you ask in a kawaii manner

Not even if you paid me, senpai. Uguu desu ne ☆⌒(ゝ。∂)

#34880 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:13 PM

Humble Book Bundle: Be The Change

There's a Chuck Tingle book in the new book bundle.  It's Humble exclusive, I guess, so it has an especially dumb name.

Pounded In The Butt By My Reluctance To Buy A Humble Bundle Featuring Stories With Gay Characters As Though That Has Some Kind Of Bearing On My Own Sexuality Or The Quality Of The Product Then Eventually Realizing It's Pretty Good And I'm Fine

It's solid, other than that - despite the fact that one of the authors in a "Be The Change" bundle has been accused of sexual assault multiple times.  It also, oddly, has Farmhand Vol. 1 in the $20 tier despite it being in the $1 tier of the currently running Image bundle.

#34881 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2696 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:18 PM

• _s2
  • _mICHONNE

2kind.jpg

#34882 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:23 PM

Humble Book Bundle: Be The Change

Pounded In The Butt By My Reluctance To Buy A Humble Bundle Featuring Stories With Gay Characters As Though That Has Some Kind Of Bearing On My Own Sexuality Or The Quality Of The Product Then Eventually Realizing It's Pretty Good And I'm Fine

Only a douchenozzle would blame poor sales on "gay panic" like that.
More like Saved In The Wallet By My Reluctance To Buy Trashy Smut With Obnoxious Titles.

#34883 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:37 AM

Only a douchenozzle would blame poor sales on "gay panic" like that.

Careful now, someone from the Playstation thread might drop by.

#34884 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   1004 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:39 AM

I'll eventually learn not to buy anything until the last day of a sale.  I bought Batman: The Enemy Within and the Shadows Mode dlc a few days ago.  Oh well.

#34885 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:27 PM

I'll eventually learn not to buy anything until the last day of a sale.  I bought Batman: The Enemy Within and the Shadows Mode dlc a few days ago.  Oh well.

I bought TWD franchise games I didn't have (Already completed season 1,2, 400 Days) and have some credit pending for 3 of the games I bought. Couple bucks higher than the 15 dollar tier.

I'll use the wallet eventually (went with that refund instead of CC) and gonna pick up the higher tier bundle...don't suffer, this bundle is lasting for a LONGGG time.

#34886 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14920 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, I was thinking about rounding out the games I'm missing by getting the top tier.

But then I realized that I don't really enjoy these linear games with restrictive scripts. The choices presented are rarely things I would do or say in reality, yet I'm playing as the character and have to accept the consequences. I didn't make so many wrong choices in life to not employ that knowledge in your damn games, Telltale!

#34887 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:12 AM

I know this is CAG but please don't open a credit card only for this offer.

I activated the small business discount with my AMEX card (you should be able to add this discount on your dashboard if you're eligible). Bought the Summer Adventure bundle and got a surprise email. Humble Bundle=small business?

What this adds up to is 5 dollar rebate credit on your bill + whatever AMEX percentages you got. Credit can be used up to 10 times until 9/20/20 (unsure if same business can be repeated).

Seriously though, this is just my one credit card I happen to have serendipity with. Figured I'd share since this probably applies to their whole site.

amex.png

#34888 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:03 AM

I activated the small business discount with my AMEX card (you should be able to add this discount on your dashboard if you're eligible). Bought the Summer Adventure bundle and got a surprise email. Humble Bundle=small business?

amex.png

Who did Amex hire to run this program, the US federal government?

#34889 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11119 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

Humble Bundle=small business?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if AMEX got classified as a small business for loans.

#34890 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10985 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:32 PM

Kanye West's company got classified as a 'small business' so there you go...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free