* * * * * 21 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#35281 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4817 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:40 PM

I kind of want Injustice 2, but that one also has DLC I'd want...and it looks like it'd cost $46 just to get all of the characters. Would have bought it if it were the Legendary Edition.

Yeah, but then this bundle would have been a LEGENDARY Injustice... AMIRITE?!?!?

#35282 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7994 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:27 PM

Overgrowth is the only DRM-free title in the bundle?

Come on.  :bs:

#35283 iamsmart2  

iamsmart2

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:52 AM

Overgrowth is the only DRM-free title in the bundle?

Come on.  :bs:

Oh man, Overgrowth finally came out? And it's not early access or anything? They started on that game in 2006, and I preordered it for $30 in 2009. I really enjoyed Lugaru, but needless to say 15 years of development kinda killed the momentum.

#35284 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7994 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

Only one day left to download the DRM-free games that are in the current Humble Trove before they change them.

https://www.humblebu...scription/trove

For me, the Trove is where the real value is.  There are some decent games in there - Bomber Crew, Snake Pass, Overture, Tacoma, The Flame in the Flood, Race the Sun, and Runestone Keeper come to mind.

#35285 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9134 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 08 October 2020 - 02:49 PM

Only one day left to download the DRM-free games that are in the current Humble Trove before they change them.

https://www.humblebu...scription/trove

For me, the Trove is where the real value is. There are some decent games in there - Bomber Crew, Snake Pass, Overture, Tacoma, The Flame in the Flood, Race the Sun, and Runestone Keeper come to mind.

Wait, they take them away? I thought they only added titles.

#35286 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7994 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2020 - 12:57 AM

Wait, they take them away? I thought they only added titles.

I did some research, and I noticed that they have been removing Trove titles at least as far back as June 2017.  I assume that the Humble Originals remain there since they are exclusive.  

Some notable titles that previously appeared on the Trove in the past few years and then inexplicably disappeared include The Bridge, Dustforce DX, Galactic Civilization II, Overlord 1 and 2, Shelter, Strike Suit Zero, Torchlight 1 and 2, and Volgarr the Viking.  In other words, there is no way to know what will disappear until they change the games.

It looks like most of the Daedalic adventure games are on the Trove at the moment.  I'm considering downloading them and saving the zip files to an external drive just in case they disappear.

#35287 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:13 PM

There are better games than that which have been removed:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Deadlight, Gone Home, Limbo, Penumbra Collection, Satellite Reign, Shadowrun Returns, Starseed Pilgrim, Teslagrad, The Bard's Tale, The End is Nigh, Wasteland 

I hate the Trove because of this. The least they could do is list the dates that games will be available, like Xbox Game Pass. I'm not a big fan of keeping a bunch of huge external drives around so I can long-term-store outdated versions of DRM-free games. 

#35288 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7994 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:35 PM

There are better games than that which have been removed:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Deadlight, Gone Home, Limbo, Penumbra Collection, Satellite Reign, Shadowrun Returns, Starseed Pilgrim, Teslagrad, The Bard's Tale, The End is Nigh, Wasteland 

I hate the Trove because of this. The least they could do is list the dates that games will be available, like Xbox Game Pass. I'm not a big fan of keeping a bunch of huge external drives around so I can long-term-store outdated versions of DRM-free games. 

I have an external 500 gb for my DRM-free games.  I've been tinkering with some PCs that they got rid of at my job when they installed the new computers there about a month ago, so I've been using the DRM-free versions to test out those PCs.  Doing that keeps me from having to download the same games over and over since I only play them for a few minutes.  But I'm not really a fan of Steam anyway.

And they added two Humble-exclusive games Fate of Kai and Syzgy to the Trove today.  Nothing disappeared yet.  I wish I had known that before I spent my morning before work downloading those Daedalic titles, but I might try them out this weekend since I don't have much else to do.

#35289 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:30 PM

HUMBLE WORMS! WORMS! WORMS! BUNDLE

https://www.humblebu...gn=tile_index_1

$1:

Worms

Worms Blast

Worms Crazy Golf

Worms Pinball

BTA:

Worms Reloaded

Worms Ultimate Mayhem

Worms Reloaded: The "Pre-order Forts and Hats" DLC Pack

Worms Reloaded: Puzzle Pack

Worms Reloaded: Forts Pack

Worms Reloaded: Time Attack Pack

Worms Reloaded: Retro Pack

Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Customization Pack DLC

$12:

Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Multiplayer Pack

Worms Revolution

Worms Clan Wars

Worms Armageddon

Worms World Party Remastered

$17:

Worms W.M.D

Worms Revolution Season Pass

10% discount on the Worms Rumble Pre-Order

#35290 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5169 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:32 PM

I just realized that this month's Choice sucks so much because Humble wants us all to pause and not get 20% off next month's Nubian Friday sales.

7h15X8r.png

#35291 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11078 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:45 PM

Paused this month's bundle yesterday.  Today I got an e-mailing offering a coupon to buy the bundle at $6.  Still a hard pass.

#35292 ToddManG   The one with the cape CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 PM

Paused this month's bundle yesterday.  Today I got an e-mailing offering a coupon to buy the bundle at $6.  Still a hard pass.

I got an email offering classic at $9 for the next 6 months.  it's tempting, but i have no interest at all in this month's bundle even at < $1 per game

#35293 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1579 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted Yesterday, 02:20 PM

There is a guy in the steam trade section of this website willing to buy Tropico 6 for $5.50. So in other words you can get the rest of the bundle for 50 cents. 

#35294 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11078 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:37 PM

There is a guy in the steam trade section of this website willing to buy Tropico 6 for $5.50. So in other words you can get the rest of the bundle for 50 cents. 

I've gotten way too lazy to sell stuff off piece-meal.  Especially when it's just for pure profit.  There's maybe one game in this entire bundle that I'm interested in playing.

#35295 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Humble Thrills & Chills Bundle

https://www.humblebu.../thrills-chills

$1:

Pacify

DISTRAINT 2 

BTA:

The Letter - Horror Visual Novel 

DARQ 

Blood: Fresh Supply 

DESOLATE 

Detention 

$15:

The Blackout Club
DUSK
Layers of Fear 2

#35296 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1793 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

Reminder that Layers of Fear 2 will be free on the Epic Games store on Thursday.

#35297 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11078 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:11 PM

Meh.  Mediocre pricing for those games.

#35298 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5169 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:09 PM

I just got back home from another time zone, so I forgot to check Humble until a few minutes ago, and the BTA is already over $10.

tenor.gif

#35299 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25949 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 PM

Reminder that Layers of Fear 2 will be free on the Epic Games store on Thursday.

FlashyLeafyEuropeanpolecat-small.gif

#35300 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8828 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM

im somewhat tempted by this simply because dusk is in the top tier so getting some other throw ins with it for 15 is somewhat tempting.

of course there are only a couple games in here im even moderately interested in, and one is free on epic in a few days. dusk will probably be in a humble monthly soon enough anyway, if not it'll be like 10 bucks on sale soon enough and the rest of the games i'd want here aren't worth 5 bucks