* * * * * 21 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#35851 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:29 PM

If you were on the $6/mo for 6 months plan and last month's bundle was your 6th bundle there's a chance you still have the coupon in your Humble account and it MAY work for this bundle (effectively making it the 7th month). 

My coupon was listed as expiring June 4th so I went to claim one of the games from this Monthly Choice and it took the $6 off for me so I got this month's bundle for $6 plus tax.  I imagine it worked since I unlocked and paid for the bundle right away while the coupon was still technically valid.

Just an FYI in case anyone was interested.

Well, now I'm sad I didn't try that before cancelling my subscription on that account.  At least I can still try to get the pause discount on my Classic account.

#35852 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11432 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:32 PM

Well, now I'm sad I didn't try that before cancelling my subscription on that account.  At least I can still try to get the pause discount on my Classic account.

I like a good hustle as much as the next guy but I don't really want this stuff for six bucks either (but I already owned Civ 6 from Games Republic glitch way back when)

• hal likes this

#35853 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9395 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:41 PM

Fwiw, the Civ 6 from the glitch doesn't include the second expansion, Gathering Storm, which is included in the Platinum Edition.

#35854 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11432 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:51 PM

Fwiw, the Civ 6 from the glitch doesn't include the second expansion, Gathering Storm which is included in the Platinum Edition.

Yeah, but I played Civ6 in the years since it launched and don't see me taking the time to go back.  Not saying it's a bad deal (for $6) but it's not for me since Civ6 is a "played and done" game in my mind.

#35855 spoderman  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:54 PM

Civ 6 and Stubbs are the only standouts for me. I've never even heard of the other games, aside from secret neighbor which is a dead MP game. I didn't get the Civ glitch years ago so this is barely worth it for me

#35856 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:55 PM

Eh, its not horrible, mostly because I have the base version of Civ6. This is about what I would pay if drunk enough to get the two expansions and the few other dlc nations they have in the plat. edition. Not that I'm a big fan of Civ6, both it and 5 have been a step down from 4.

The other stuff is all games I might play briefly but wouldn't spend money on, so the perfect bundle fodder I guess. The Desolate survival horror game looks decent, that was actually in my wishlist.

Scratch that... this bundle is awesome. Milkyway Prince: The Vampire Star. A visual novel that I'm sure will captivate me... into Going Under  desolate disjunction enough to actually install effien ikenfell.

#35857 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1494 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:48 PM

Pretty rough month. The $6 price was still active for me so I figure thats a decent enough price for the two Civ VI expansions, but really not interested in anything else. Very mediocre overall.

Hopefully they run another 6 for $6 promotion sometime, that price actually makes each month worth it.

#35858 spoderman  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:19 PM

I just realized Disjunction is a gog key.. I think this is a first for a choice bundle

#35859 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8533 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 10:16 PM

I just realized Disjunction is a gog key.. I think this is a first for a choice bundle

I'm pretty excited about at least one of the games being DRM-free...so to speak.  8-[

#35860 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5803 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 10:43 PM

Highlight of bundle:

"Some DLC for an old Civ game" -some people in this thread

Spoiler

#35861 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11254 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 11:50 PM

Other than Civ 6 this is basically a Fanatical-tier bundle.

#35862 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:42 AM

Most monthlies are worse than good Fanatical bundles.

#35863 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10607 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:16 AM

Been waiting for Ikenfell and Stubbs and some others look good. Milky Way Prince is on my wishlist too I think. I sacrificed for both Civilization 6 and Going Under. Going Under is worth beating, but gets very repetitive making it a great bundle game. Not amazing otherwise.

#35864 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:26 AM

Already have Civ VI so definitely a pass for me unless I can find someone who's looking just for that.

#35865 TheLongshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TheLongshot

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:48 AM

Fanatical bundles don't have games that are less than a year old.

I mean, Ikenfell was an indie darling for a while. Going Under is a game I've almost pulled the trigger on a few times. Admittedly the rest I either have little interest or don't know about, but in this day and age, it is a solid bundle. They even managed to not stiff us on DLC for the headliner.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

#35866 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11254 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:01 AM

Already have Civ VI so definitely a pass for me unless I can find someone who's looking just for that.

I would take you up on that but I just noticed Platinum doesn't include all the DLC.  Five years down the line and they are still milking thins thing.  I'll wait for the Mega-Platinum or Diamond or Cubic Zirconium edition.

#35867 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11254 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:03 AM

Fanatical bundles don't have games that are less than a year old.

You're right, they have older games that are better than the less than a year old games.

#35868 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:14 AM

I would take you up on that but I just noticed Platinum doesn't include all the DLC.  Five years down the line and they are still milking thins thing.  I'll wait for the Mega-Platinum or Diamond or Cubic Zirconium edition.

I think you'll be waiting a long time.

#35869 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5803 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:30 AM

I dunno... I actually bought a Fanatical bundle this month.

#35870 MinDRioT   slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel CAGiversary!   4945 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 03:11 AM

If you were on the $6/mo for 6 months plan and last month's bundle was your 6th bundle there's a chance you still have the coupon in your Humble account and it MAY work for this bundle (effectively making it the 7th month). 

My coupon was listed as expiring June 4th so I went to claim one of the games from this Monthly Choice and it took the $6 off for me so I got this month's bundle for $6 plus tax.  I imagine it worked since I unlocked and paid for the bundle right away while the coupon was still technically valid.

Just an FYI in case anyone was interested.

Got offered $4 off for threatening to pause. Which is almost as good.

Personally I'm not going to redeem the GOG key for Disjunction in the hope they'll give an option for Steam at some point.

#35871 spoderman  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:38 PM

I forgot Civ VI was in a previous monthly and I sold it off. It was one of those times when the headliner was worth $12 to resellers so no point activating it back then since it didn't have most of the DLC

#35872 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26781 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 04:42 PM

Wasn't Civ 6 (base) free on the Epic Store once?

Also, how are the DLC's included here for Civ 6? Do they improve Civ 6 base a lot?

#35873 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6177 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 06:10 PM

Wasn't Civ 6 (base) free on the Epic Store once?

Also, how are the DLC's included here for Civ 6? Do they improve Civ 6 base a lot?

It includes the two big expansions that add significant layers of depth to the game - Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm. While not brand new, they did come out in 2018 and 2019. I’ve watched both pretty closely and the lowest they’ve ever gone individually is $10 a piece. I’m not a huge Civ fan, but these two add-ons basically give you the full game. There’s a season pass that adds more civilizations, but those two expansions included in the Humble Bundle are the big game changers, adding weather, natural disasters, civilization eras (dark ages and golden ages), and stronger alliance mechanics between civilizations.

People who are complaining about this bundle’s value either don’t care about the franchise, got it through a glitch (without some of the newer dlc), or don’t realize that Platinum alone is still like a $40 value on sale. Totally worth it if you like the game.

#35874 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10607 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:07 PM

Yeah Civilization 6 is a good bundle game. It's just pretty old by now and I kind of played it a decent amount around the 2 years after it came out. It's good, but just yeah a bit long in the tooth and the DLC thing is always a bit weird. I've been collecting Civ 6 DLC over the years, so this is good for sure. Overall I like the games in this bundle though I'm not too crazy about the multiplayer ones (Neighbor one, Worm's Rumble and Desolate). They all look okay to likely not going to play.

#35875 Baltore  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:17 PM

It includes the two big expansions that add significant layers of depth to the game - Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm. While not brand new, they did come out in 2018 and 2019. I’ve watched both pretty closely and the lowest they’ve ever gone individually is $10 a piece. I’m not a huge Civ fan, but these two add-ons basically give you the full game. There’s a season pass that adds more civilizations, but those two expansions included in the Humble Bundle are the big game changers, adding weather, natural disasters, civilization eras (dark ages and golden ages), and stronger alliance mechanics between civilizations.

People who are complaining about this bundle’s value either don’t care about the franchise, got it through a glitch (without some of the newer dlc), or don’t realize that Platinum alone is still like a $40 value on sale. Totally worth it if you like the game.

Oh come on. Remember the Humble Monthly? There used to be like 3 headliner games per bundle. Now there's basically 1 headliner (which has been given away for free and in previous bundles) and some DLC. This is crap. Especially when you combine it with dead multiplayer games and some other pixel bundle trash. 

#35876 TheLongshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TheLongshot

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:17 PM

You're right, they have older games that are better than the less than a year old games.

Except it is the same 5 games recycled into various bundles. I often see the same games over and over again in their bundles.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

#35877 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6177 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:23 PM

Oh come on. Remember the Humble Monthly? There used to be like 3 headliner games per bundle. Now there's basically 1 headliner (which has been given away for free and in previous bundles) and some DLC. This is crap. Especially when you combine it with dead multiplayer games and some other pixel bundle trash.

Say what you want, but there hasn’t been a way to get those 2 dlcs for under $20. If you don’t like the game, that’s on you, but that doesn’t make the bundle trash. There have been plenty of other trash Humble Choice bundles, and there are some trash games in this one like anything Hello Neighbor. But between that Civ dlc and the Stubbs Remaster that just came out, this bundle, while not the best, is far from being “trash.”

#35878 Baltore  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:34 PM

Say what you want, but there hasn’t been a way to get those 2 dlcs for under $20. If you don’t like the game, that’s on you, but that doesn’t make the bundle trash. There have been plenty of other trash Humble Choice bundles, and there are some trash games in this one like anything Hello Neighbor. But between that Civ dlc and the Stubbs Remaster that just came out, this bundle, while not the best, is far from being “trash.”

You're bragging about a 15 year old game and some DLC for a 5 year old game that's been in a previous monthly and given away for free. That's trash. They should have had a separate Civ 6 bundle with different tiers for the DLC instead of putting it in yet another monthly bundle.

#35879 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11254 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:48 PM

I dunno... I actually bought a Fanatical bundle this month.

True, that's an insult to Fanatical bundles..  I've bought quite a few of them recently.

• hal likes this

#35880 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6177 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:03 PM

You're bragging about a 15 year old game and some DLC for a 5 year old game that's been in a previous monthly and given away for free. That's trash. They should have had a separate Civ 6 bundle with different tiers for the DLC instead of putting it in yet another monthly bundle.

I’m providing facts … you’re throwing out opinions. Show me where the two major expansion DLCs that each retailed for $40 have been bundled with the core game at this price and I’ll stop “bragging.”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free