* * * * * 22 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#36271 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:49 PM

So according to Steamgifts it looks like Humble has been revealing some of the December games on Twitch.  The games they've shown so far are:

Due Process

Project Wingman

House Flipper

BPM (Bullets Per Minute)

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

Wingspan

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin

Timelie

Simplerockets 2

Mobius Front '83

#36272 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11305 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:55 PM

Wingspan I want (board game is good) and Turnip Boy (wouldn't pay much for a shorter game), so looks OK so far if that's true.

#36273 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3635 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:01 PM

Humble underwhelms again. And only 10 games. 

#36274 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1834 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:14 PM

Wingspan I want (board game is good) and Turnip Boy (wouldn't pay much for a shorter game), so looks OK so far if that's true.

Those are the only two games that I own and would want to trade. If you aren't buying the bundle and want to trade let me know...

I like this bundle although I own two games. 5 games on my wish list and the other three look good!

#36275 MysterD   42 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2022)) CAGiversary!   27999 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:16 PM

My reaction to this HB Choice:

69j6iH6.gif

#36276 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1990 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:17 PM

Was interested in Wingspan and Turnip Boy, and there's probably enough other stuff in there to justify my $6, but that's hardly an inspiring bundle.

#36277 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6664 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:20 PM

I honestly may cancel my subscription … it’s getting annoying to pause every month. More indie crap …

#36278 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6391 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:34 PM

Four first person games in a ten game bundle, holy crap. I’m nauseous already, go screw yourself, Humble.

#36279 TheLongshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2505 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

TheLongshot

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:47 PM

Pretty sad they lead with a 1st person multi-player shooter I'd never play. I'm only really interested in Wingspan and Timelie, so a pass.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

#36280 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:53 PM

I think it might be time to simply cancel my Humble subscription. I'm tired of having to pause it every month.

Edit: I didn't even see etcrane's post above. We had the exact same thought

#36281 MinDRioT   slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel CAGiversary!   5031 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:57 PM

Looks great for $6 to me. Looked even better at first glance when I thought one of the games was "Trump Boy Commits Tax Evasion"

Still looks great though.

#36282 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   2118 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:11 PM

Huh, I want like 8 of the 10 games, so I guess this one is for me.  But I love indie stuff and have a classic plan, so guess that's fine for me!

And I got the $4 off coupon, so $8 for 8 games.  Nice.

#36283 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10334 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:54 PM

My annual sub from last Black Friday is finally up, so I paused for the first time in ages.

Good time too, this is easily one of the worst bundles they've offered yet. Worth $6, tops.

#36284 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 07:21 PM

Interested in BPM. 

Good board games don't always translate well when adapted to videogames, glad to see the reviews on Steam are so good. 

Also glad to hear Turnip Boy is short, maybe I'll actually give it a shot.

#36285 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1666 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 02 November 2021 - 07:52 PM

I'm convinced that this is actually a 12-game bundle, but for some inexplicable reason the two true headliners are banned in the US and therefore aren't being shown for me. That's the only explanation for this.

#36286 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   2118 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:23 PM

I'm convinced that this is actually a 12-game bundle, but for some inexplicable reason the two true headliners are banned in the US and therefore aren't being shown for me. That's the only explanation for this.

I went to see if they have a history of perhaps short changing November bundles due to forthcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, but...

November 2020

Spoiler

November 2019 (Perhaps still one of the best bundles ever)

Spoiler

November 2018

Spoiler

November 2017

Spoiler

November 2016 (Arguable the weakest)

Spoiler

November 2015

Spoiler

2016 getting what appears to be no major AAA game is similar to now, but having the indie darling and massively popular Stardew Valley, which came out in February 2016, was a big get.

The 2021 Choice Bundle, regardless on my feelings of it being worth it, is likely the worst in six years of "November Bundles."  House Flipper, while popular to an extent, is no where near the same as Stardew Valley, even, thus if you're strictly a AAA type gamer, this is a valid criticism.

Spoiler

#36287 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:23 PM

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this, as I'm not well versed in how Humble does things:

I'd checked out the Humble Monthly offerings on mobile and saw that it was showing $12 for the month. Thought that was decent, especially if I could get one of those $4-6 off coupons to pop up if I tried to pause. Hopped on my PC proper to check, and it's showing that I'd be charged the normal $19.99 for this billing cycle. Tried pausing and "accepted" a $4-off coupon, just to be sure, and it's only showing $15.99 now.

Is the $12 price only showing for "new"/non-logged in people, or is this months set supposed to be $12 considering it's only 10 games?

thx.

#36288 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   2118 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:27 PM

Is the $12 price only showing for "new"/non-logged in people, or is this months set supposed to be $12 considering it's only 10 games?

thx.

Some of us have a cheaper price because we're on "Classic Plans," which means we've been suckers of Humble since prior to the Choice introduction. 

#36289 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:51 PM

Eh, 3-4 games that were on my wishlist. So, for $12 not horrible. Definately FPS month though.

#36290 Blade   This is the way Silenced   15480 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:21 PM

Looks great for $6 to me. Looked even better at first glance when I thought one of the games was "Trump Boy Commits Tax Evasion"

Still looks great though.

I've been wanting to play Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion. It looks fun. Also, I was going to make that joke, so now I'm suing you.

#36291 elessar123  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:58 PM

Of course, I just bought House Flippers because the missus wanted it. So um, you're welcome for the crap?

#36292 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11305 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:06 PM

I almost bought Wrath, which I believe is still EA, so this bundle barely gets my approval. I wont play the co-op/multiplayer ones though.

#36293 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11531 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:36 PM

So according to Steamgifts it looks like Humble has been revealing some of the December games on Twitch.  The games they've shown so far are:

Due Process

Project Wingman

House Flipper

BPM (Bullets Per Minute)

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

Wingspan

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin

Timelie

Simplerockets 2

Mobius Front '83

#36294 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11531 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:38 PM

Re: indie games.  There's good indie games -- which Humble used to consistently feature -- and then there's the stuff you can find in Fanatical for a third of the price in one of their bundles.  And the comparison to Fanatical is being generous because Humble is starting to approach Indie Gala/Poopees level.

#36295 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:46 PM

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this, as I'm not well versed in how Humble does things:

I'd checked out the Humble Monthly offerings on mobile and saw that it was showing $12 for the month. Thought that was decent, especially if I could get one of those $4-6 off coupons to pop up if I tried to pause. Hopped on my PC proper to check, and it's showing that I'd be charged the normal $19.99 for this billing cycle. Tried pausing and "accepted" a $4-off coupon, just to be sure, and it's only showing $15.99 now.

thx.

Well, the $12 a month usually refers to those of us on the Classic plan (people who were actively subscribed when Humble switched from their old system to their new system, and were essentially grandfathered into a special plan where we get 10 or more games a month for $12).  Otherwise it's Lite, Basic and Premium plans for $4.99, $14.99 and $19.99 a month respectively.

Sometimes they'll do promos where you can get the Premium plan for $12 and get all the games available for the month.  I THINK it's only good for that month (unless the promo covers multiple months, which they've done before).  If you did this promo previously it might not allow you to get this next month for the $12.  It might only apply to new members or members with non-active subscriptions.

I can't say for sure since I've been on the Classic plan since they switched over.  Maybe someone else in the thread can verify this for you?

#36296 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1834 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 02 November 2021 - 11:34 PM

Re: indie games.  There's good indie games -- which Humble used to consistently feature -- and then there's the stuff you can find in Fanatical for a third of the price in one of their bundles.  And the comparison to Fanatical is being generous because Humble is starting to approach Indie Gala/Poopees level.

If you are in it for the price of bundles, sure fanatical is cheaper if you are willing to be patient and wait to pay less for a game that has been bundled three times prior. If you are in it for quality of games, humble is the cream of the crop.....still, even with their quality going down. I am not even sure how this point is even debatable. Did we already forget the fanatical bundle fest week from a few weeks ago where literally 90% of the games in each bundle were bundled multiple times?

I could even argue that humble is cheaper than fanatical, but one would need to be willing to buy and sell humble bundle games as well. On many occasions I can buy a full bundle, sell half of the games, keep the other half for free.

#36297 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 02 November 2021 - 11:49 PM

Well, the $12 a month usually refers to those of us on the Classic plan (people who were actively subscribed when Humble switched from their old system to their new system, and were essentially grandfathered into a special plan where we get 10 or more games a month for $12).  Otherwise it's Lite, Basic and Premium plans for $4.99, $14.99 and $19.99 a month respectively.

Sometimes they'll do promos where you can get the Premium plan for $12 and get all the games available for the month.  I THINK it's only good for that month (unless the promo covers multiple months, which they've done before).  If you did this promo previously it might not allow you to get this next month for the $12.  It might only apply to new members or members with non-active subscriptions.

I can't say for sure since I've been on the Classic plan since they switched over.  Maybe someone else in the thread can verify this for you?

Yeah, I took advantage of a 3-months Premium for $8/month promo back in May, and I've been paused since it ran out. Checking in an incognito tab right now (not logged in obv), it appears that there's a 40% off promo for the Premium sub @ $12 a month for 12 months.

I'm curious if flat-out cancelling my subscription (instead of pausing) will show that price instead of the normal $20 for Premium.

Is there even any reason to "keep" subscribing if I'm just gonna pause for a 4th month in a row?

*edit*

To clarify, I'm just wondering if cancelling vs pausing has any other side-effects since I'm already defaulted to the normal $20 pricing for Premium, and therefore won't be losing out on a promotional discount.

Thx.

#36298 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:02 AM

Is there even any reason to "keep" subscribing if I'm just gonna pause for a 4th month in a row?

If you're on the Premium plan and not on a special promo anymore (i.e. you're back to paying $19.99 a month), then yeah I don't see a reason to pause instead of unsubscribing.  If you unsubscribe and resubscribe later on the worst case scenario is you're back to paying $19.99 a month.  Those of us on the Classic plan keep pausing cause if we ever cancel it we'll never get it back.

Like I said, though, I'm not sure if you can unsubscribe and then re-subscribe with the new promo.  Hopefully someone who knows more can chime in.

#36299 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11531 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 01:01 AM

If you are in it for the price of bundles, sure fanatical is cheaper if you are willing to be patient and wait to pay less for a game that has been bundled three times prior. If you are in it for quality of games, humble is the cream of the crop.....still, even with their quality going down. I am not even sure how this point is even debatable. Did we already forget the fanatical bundle fest week from a few weeks ago where literally 90% of the games in each bundle were bundled multiple times?

I could even argue that humble is cheaper than fanatical, but one would need to be willing to buy and sell humble bundle games as well. On many occasions I can buy a full bundle, sell half of the games, keep the other half for free.

I'd still disagree.  Haven't seen a Humble Choice I've been remotely interested in for several months now.  Last one I bought was in May -- and looking at the games in it I think that might have been because I forgot to pause the sub.  Either that or I got a coupon and thought $6 was good for Metro Exodus despite the other garbage.  The quality has nosedived.

#36300 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6391 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 01:02 AM

All I can say is that for the past four or five years, I've been buying way more Fanatical bundles than Hambles. Doesn't particularly matter to me if a game has been bundled before if it's never been in a good bundle.