Humble Bundle Thread

I'll spruce things up visually a bit later. Database entries hinting at future bundles are in the second post. I'm open to suggestions for what you'd like to see out of this Humble Megathread.

Louie, just wanted to say many thanks for all the effort you are putting in tracking the various HB bundles, sales, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble is just hitting it out of the park lately!

I'll likely have a shot at that lower tier of Popcap games as I own all of the upper tier. 

I'm curious where you are getting "likely" bonus games from.  Arkham Origins DLC in particular seems way out there.

ETS2 and OMD2 Complete (both -75% at $6.25ea) seem to be the stand-out deals today.

Natural Selection 2. One of the best MP games I've ever played

One disappointing aspect of the new Store: Humble bumped up their cut.

Q:What are the splits?

A:Even though the Humble Store isn't pay-what-you-want we still are very adamant about supporting developers and charities. After deductions for payment processor fees (typically around 5%) the net revenue is split 3 ways: 75% to developers, 10% to charity and 15% to Humble Bundle to cover costs associated with hosting the content.
The Humble widget was a nice way for indie devs to offer a relatively hassle-free way to sell their own game without incurring massive hosting costs while still getting a reported 95% of the sales. Wonder if someone else will step up.

One disappointing aspect of the new Store: Humble bumped up their cut.

The Humble widget was a nice way for indie devs to offer a relatively hassle-free way to sell their own game without incurring massive hosting costs while still getting a reported 95% of the sales. Wonder if someone else will step up.
Right now it's just a page highlighting a few games with the charity hook as well. I wonder if the increased cut is in exchange for the increased visibility. It's possible that sales through the widget are the same. Though maybe not. I've been thinking about this as well.

Thanks for consolidating the Humble Bundle info.  It'll be nice to have just one thread to check out for the deals.  I wish (EDIT: the Humble Store) gave the option to select the charities you donate to, if not the percentage.  I've been favoring some over others in recent times.

The pinball pack looks sick, a must buy.  The popcap is so so.  I'm curious about Zuma's Revenge after hearing Chris Remo talk on Idle Thumbs about getting hooked on it and 100%ing it multiple times (unknowingly!).  It is addictive but disposable I guess.

Interesting that Orcs Must Die 2 is now in Humble Store -- likelihood of future inclusion in a bundle just shot up.

Thanks for consolidating the Humble Bundle info. It'll be nice to have just one thread to check out for the deals. I wish it gave the option to select the charities you donate to, if not the percentage. I've been favoring some over others in recent times.
If you click on Charity a drop down appears that lets you adjust sliders independant of each other. You can do the same thing for developers as well.

If you click on Charity a drop down appears that lets you adjust sliders independant of each other. You can do the same thing for developers as well.
Oh sorry, I was referring to the new Humble Store payments. The devs get 75%, Humble 15%, and all charities split 10%. This is a bit of a disappointment since I believe the Humble Widgets gave the devs 95% and Humble 5%. The Store setup is much closer to Steam's %s.

Stinks they only get 75%, but atleast they tell us.

Do we know for sure how much Valve takes from steam? or if valve even takes anything for steamkeys sold on other sites?

Who cares about the starving orphans so long as I get cheap games?  Re: Valve's cut.  Developers aren't allowed to say but the 'hypotheticals' that have been thrown out seem to be around the 25-30% range.  That's for games sold through Steam.  No idea if they get a cut from third-party sales.

Who cares about the starving orphans so long as I get cheap games? Re: Valve's cut. Developers aren't allowed to say but the 'hypotheticals' that have been thrown out seem to be around the 25-30% range. That's for games sold through Steam. No idea if they get a cut from third-party sales.
It's 30% for most, though I assume major players like Activision, Ubi, etc. negotiate lower rates.

Steam codes can be generated for free by developers so 3rd party sales don't directly profit Valve (for now).

Once Steam becomes a general purpose CDN, things will change. Valve will probably (hopefully?) charge a lower rate to post & serve games ("content") but they won't have to do squat except maintain the actual network. All the posting of games, patches, news, etc. will be the dev's job. Most likely, *everyone* will be able to put whatever crap they want on Steam - there may not even be an actual "curated" Steam store any more. We'll see.

Getting Rogue Legacy. Been saving for a while.

Tempted to get Euro Truck Simulator 2. Has anyone played it?. Is it good?

Wish the ETS2 DLC was on sale separately and still waiting for Don't Starve at 75% off.  That said, I approve of these sales and the new Humble Store.  

Just wanted to say thanks louie for starting the new thread.  Been feeling like we've needed it a couple weeks at least...it was getting to be a bit of a pain chasing all the other threads around.

Getting Rogue Legacy. Been saving for a while.

Tempted to get Euro Truck Simulator 2. Has anyone played it?. Is it good?
I personally love ETS2. It's like a virtual vacation across Europe mixed with some fun sim elements. The custom soundtrack feature/radio really makes it great. Be warned that it is definitely not for everyone since it is a very slow paced game; you are driving a big rig after all...

i'm not really feeling humbles whole movement anymore

it went from indy game devs + charity to linking your steam account for a WB bundle, and now to them getting a flat 15% cut for anything bought on their store. just feels like a self serving left turn from where they started at. I would rather give that cut to valve because they actually make things happen on the PC gaming front.  

that said i will trip over myself to buy that pinball bundle 

Well, the Humble Indie Bundle "proper" bundles still are getting ports to other operating systems, and that's something I'm a fan of and will take advantage of linux one day.

I will buy the shit out of that Pinball bundle when it happens.

That being said, I kinda liked having multiple threads, it reminded me that a sale had stated hen they got bumped up

I'd probably lean toward separate threads.

One for the bundles

One for the weekly sales

One for the daily store deals
Too late! But really, people were talking about weekly deals in the main thread and vice versa. And everybody was talking about the Steam key changes. I like one mega thread better.

One for the bundles

One for the weekly sales

Not really needed. Already enough clutter given I have to sift through the dozens of filthy console gamer deal threads and crazy random stuff like strategy guides and whatnot.

inm8num2 said:

One for the bundles
One for the weekly sales
then each one subdivided into Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
How about new threads every hour? I've got a short attention span so it helps if I have something new to click on every so often (by which I mean often) :joystick:
I actually had that typed up, but deleted it because I thought that might be too anal lol.
Maybe divide the threads into minutes too. 60 new threads an hour woohoo.

bread's done
Back