Best Buy $320 (coming soon) Nintendo Wii U 8GB Console Deluxe Set, Luigi Wii Remote Plus & NintendoLand

DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
the link is dead, but the black friday add is showing the following image:

it seems like best buy updated their black friday add...  it now includes nintendoland

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy $320 (coming soon) Nintendo Wii U 8GB Console Deluxe Set, Luigi Wii Remote Plus & NintendoLand

(it says 8gb but the picture shows the mario bundle. prolly a mistake)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-console-deluxe-set-luigi-wii-remote-plus-nintendoland/9999216000050001.p?id=pcmprd214900050001&skuId=9999216000050001&st=categoryid$pcmcat274600050016&lp=7&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
The 8gb description is a mistake. This bundle is in the Black Friday ad. You're saving $50

I hope it goes on sale before Thursday, that way I can avoid the crowds.

Page is dead.  Not a bad deal if it is in fact the 32 gb deluxe model.. which i'm sure it is.  If that UK set with the hat and all comes to the US.. I will actually end up regretting my zelda edition a tiny bit. 

Nintendo needs to be going DOWN on the price of Wii U, not up.  Its just not worth the money they're asking, considering how little you get in the hardware.

it seems like best buy updated their black friday add...  it now includes nintendoland

too bad is not the same bundle from U.K.

[attachment=1124:mario wii u.JPG]

it seems like best buy updated their black friday add... it now includes nintendoland

too bad is not the same bundle from U.K.

attachicon.gif
mario wii u.JPG
The ad for Black Friday has always included Nintendoland.

It sounded better when it included both the Mario & Luigi controllers instead of Nintendoland.
The ad never stated that It included both controls. The ad does state you can either pick Mario or Luigi controller.

The ad for Black Friday has always included Nintendoland.

The ad never stated that It included both controls. The ad does state you can either pick Mario or Luigi controller.
I think the problem was the picture originally showed the bundle with BOTH mario and luigi controllers, so that made it seem like it came with 2. Either way, unless you wanted another controller, it's not much of a deal IMO. Nintendoland has been $20 in the past and will probably be bargain in the future, so they are basically saying buy the wii u bundle + nintendoland, get 1 free controller. Black Friday deals should be better if Nintendo wanted to move units, but they have never really cared about black friday like sony and ms with their bundles. They rather do sales at random times of the year at bestbuy or target like they did with the 3ds's.

Nintendo needs to be going DOWN on the price of Wii U, not up. Its just not worth the money they're asking, considering how little you get in the hardware.
I dunno, they seem to being doing pretty well right now. Perhaps you are not aware the Wii U has the highest rated game of the holiday season?

I dunno, they seem to being doing pretty well right now. Perhaps you are not aware the Wii U has the highest rated game of the holiday season?
Didn't realize individual game scores = Sales. The system is selling horribly and the PS4 and Xbox One are going to outsell it by the end of the year. I agree i'm surprised they haven't dropped it already again, $199 is really the best price for this thing even $250 with a bundle would help more. But at $299 it doesn't look like i'm getting what I payed for compared to the PS4 or Xbox One for only $100-$200 more.

And how is that game selling?

Nintendo games always rate well so that isn't a surprise.

I think paying $20 for Nintendo land (that's about what you'd pay for it if you waited for a sale) and getting a free Wiimote isn't that good of a deal. I'd rather pay $300 and get the $25 Target GC which still isn't that great of a deal.

I got my Wii U when it was $300 at Kmart with $30 in SYWR points. That ran at the same time they did the buy a $25 GC and get a Bonus $5GC free. So I did that 12 times to get $60 in bonus GC, $30 in SYWR points and then another $45 in SYWR because I had a 15% back coupon.

I honestly wouldn't consider buying a Wii U unless the overall value was $250 or less. Certainly wouldn't be paying $300+ on Black Friday week.

I want the Zelda bundle. But if the BF ebay deal is for the standard Deluxe for $250 I'll get that as I want Nintendoland too (though that is cheap).

Super Mario 3D World is currently #7 best selling video game in Amazon US. It was #1 for while. The only next gen title selling better right now is Dead Rising 3. Everything else is below it. For the time being, at least, Wii U has a larger install base than PS4 and X1 combined. It won't last, but they can ride the wave for a little way. Ha ha!

And how is that game selling?

Nintendo games always rate well so that isn't a surprise.

I think paying $20 for Nintendo land (that's about what you'd pay for it if you waited for a sale) and getting a free Wiimote isn't that good of a deal. I'd rather pay $300 and get the $25 Target GC which still isn't that great of a deal.

I got my Wii U when it was $300 at Kmart with $30 in SYWR points. That ran at the same time they did the buy a $25 GC and get a Bonus $5GC free. So I did that 12 times to get $60 in bonus GC, $30 in SYWR points and then another $45 in SYWR because I had a 15% back coupon.

I honestly wouldn't consider buying a Wii U unless the overall value was $250 or less. Certainly wouldn't be paying $300+ on Black Friday week.
Were you able to buy those gift cards using a Visa Debit Gift Card or something similar?

This is actually LIVE right now. Here is the link:

Mario Wii U Bundle

It comes with the New Super Mario Bros Wii U, either Luigi or Mario wiimote, and Nintendoland. Best part is, that the price of Nintendoland goes down if you have GCU. Making the bundle $313.97.

EDIT: I see why it is live, the page states it is valid on November 25, 2013 for Elite and Elite Plus members.

Some sites sold out of systems online. Going to stores around here I'm starting to see less systems on the shelves. More people I know are now picking this up for the holidays. If you look at the last few months the sales are up.

Tell me again how you got so much more when you paid $399 for your ps3.5. I'm curious. Knack is such a killer app. Maybe you wanted to pew pew on kill zone, cod, or bf4. As an owner of all three of the new systems I'm not impressed with "next gen". I do like messing with the video stuff on the Xbox and uploading videos from the ps4 but I enjoy the games on Wii U a whole lot more.

The way I look at it is:
Nsmbu=$30 assuming you can easily find it that cheap
Nslu=$20 the dlc version which is cheaper
Nintendo Land=$20
Mario or Luigi remote=$40

That's $90 worth of savings.

Tell me again how you got so much more when you paid $399 for your ps3.5. I'm curious. Knack is such a killer app. Maybe you wanted to pew pew on kill zone, cod, or bf4. As an owner of all three of the new systems I'm not impressed with "next gen". I do like messing with the video stuff on the Xbox and uploading videos from the ps4 but I enjoy the games on Wii U a whole lot more.
PS 3.5? Fanboi confirmed!

I have all three consoles too, but other then the brand new Mario game the Wii-U has NOTHING! I have bought a total of 4 games for my Wii-U since launch. Launch week of PS4 I bought 7 games and 2 free with PS plus.... Launch week of Xbone I purchased. 3 games.... I think that says it all...

I have all three consoles too, but other then the brand new Mario game the Wii-U has NOTHING! I have bought a total of 4 games for my Wii-U since launch. Launch week of PS4 I bought 7 games and 2 free with PS plus.... Launch week of Xbone I purchased. 3 games.... I think that says it all...
Fanboy confirmed!

That's how I describe to anyone that wants to know if it is worth it. I love the new controller and the share feature. other than that it feels like ps3. The x1 feels different but I'm not a huge fan of it yet either. I recommend Wii U to anyone wanting to buy a console with good games. You can find it under $300 and it has the better library. Finally. The first 9 months were rough but I enjoyed NSMBU and Lego City during that time.

Worst 7 game purchase ever. free resogun... f'n seriously? That game sucks balls. I do however like contrast. I bought kill zone and dr3 just to have the exclusives with the most replayability. I want AC4 but Dont care enough to pay $50. The rest are weekend rentals from family video.

Worst 7 game purchase ever. free resogun... f'n seriously? That game sucks balls. I do however like contrast. I bought kill zone and dr3 just to have the exclusives with the most replayability. I want AC4 but Dont care enough to pay $50. The rest are weekend rentals from family video.
You're clearly living in your own little Mario World, saying Resogun "sucks balls". Resogun is an excellent shooter, Metacritic overall score of 83; maybe you just suck at shooters? Keep up the fanboy drivel, its really quite funny!

That's how I describe to anyone that wants to know if it is worth it. I love the new controller and the share feature. other than that it feels like ps3. The x1 feels different but I'm not a huge fan of it yet either. I recommend Wii U to anyone wanting to buy a console with good games. You can find it under $300 and it has the better library. Finally. The first 9 months were rough but I enjoyed NSMBU and Lego City during that time.
Better library isn't really fair considering it's been out a year longer

But aren't you also fanboying.....
Not really. I own almost every console made, just not the recent Nintendo ones, because of their obsession with gimmicks. I do still own my original NES, SNES, N64, and GBA SP, and hundreds of games for those. I even still have two sealed N64s, gotta see what those are going for these days. I grew up on NES/SNES games and loved them, but Nintendo's recent consoles have been so steeped in gimmicks, they're just huge disappointments. Wii was of no interest at all (couldn't stand the waggle controls), and Wii U is following in the footsteps of that, just with a different gimmick. I know Nintendo feels they have to "stand apart" from the other consoles, but the stuff they've produced in the last decade or so has been hugely disappointing.

Better library isn't really fair considering it's been out a year longer
I was waiting for someone to mention that...

And let's not forget there have already been blatant examples of publishers REMOVING content from 3rd party Wii U games. And the online community? LOL ROFL LOL.

If you are up to paying $300 for a machine that does very little outside playing Nintendo titles then it is a great system. I have one. I've played some (and that's being generous) good Nintendo games but you're a liar if you think playing any 3rd party title (especially one with an active online community) is a better experience on the Wii U. I'd be wiling to go as far as to say 12 months from now it'll still be a better experience on the PS3/360.

I don't see why people get their panties in a bunch when that is pointed out to them. I mean I woudn't be surprised if both the PS4 and Xbox One have more adopters in 1 month then the Wii U has had in a year AND it's only going to become more disproportionate as time goes on. Very little to NO incentive for publishers to put out exclusives for that system at this point.

And yes I have one.

I actually have been on the Sony bandwagon since the PS2, but I really, really like the Wii U.  I could care less about graphics, this isn't the bit wars of the 90's; I just want fun games.  And so far, Super Mario 3D is the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time.  Nothing against the PS4 and Xboxone, but I just think its absurd to think that there is no value in the Wii U, its a great system and this deal is decent. 

However I may be bias as I do not play FPS games so no need for the online community stuff.  In fact, I've never even played one, [SIZE=12pt]I do war for a living so I don't want to play pretend war in my free time.  [/SIZE]

Not really. I own almost every console made, just not the recent Nintendo ones, because of their obsession with gimmicks. I do still own my original NES, SNES, N64, and GBA SP, and hundreds of games for those. I even still have two sealed N64s, gotta see what those are going for these days. I grew up on NES/SNES games and loved them, but Nintendo's recent consoles have been so steeped in gimmicks, they're just huge disappointments. Wii was of no interest at all (couldn't stand the waggle controls), and Wii U is following in the footsteps of that, just with a different gimmick. I know Nintendo feels they have to "stand apart" from the other consoles, but the stuff they've produced in the last decade or so has been hugely disappointing.
Do you own a vita?

;

what?

I actually have been on the Sony bandwagon since the PS2, but I really, really like the Wii U. I could care less about graphics, this isn't the bit wars of the 90's; I just want fun games. And so far, Super Mario 3D is the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Nothing against the PS4 and Xboxone, but I just think its absurd to think that there is no value in the Wii U, its a great system and this deal is decent.

However I may be bias as I do not play FPS games so no need for the online community stuff. In fact, I've never even played one, [SIZE=12pt]I do war for a living so I don't want to play pretend war in my free time. [/SIZE]

And I agree the first party Nintendo games are a blast. That is why I bought a 3DS and Wii U at launch. But I almost have no problem admitting there isn't much else with the 3DS being a slight exception because Nintendo is still the handheld king.

But you have to be comfortable enough with your purchase to admit you did it for Nintendo first party games and subsequent reiterations and HD rehashes. Unless Nintendo comes up with a miracle they're not going to get much other then shovelware support. Its system sellers are going to be Mario, Mario, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Mario, Metr... nope Mario, Mario, Zelda.

That uses a lot of Gimmicks. Shouldnt you not like that either?

Do you use remote play with PS4?
No, it really doesn't use a lot of gimmicks. Most Vita games just use the standard buttons, triggers, and sticks (dual sticks, unlike the 3DS where Nintendo foolishly left out the 2nd stick, what were they thinking?). And no, I haven't even tried Remote Play yet with my PS4.

No, it really doesn't use a lot of gimmicks. Most Vita games just use the standard buttons, triggers, and sticks (dual sticks, unlike the 3DS where Nintendo foolishly left out the 2nd stick, what were they thinking?). And no, I haven't even tried Remote Play yet with my PS4.
Why put in a 2nd stick when it isnt needed?

You're clearly living in your own little Mario World, saying Resogun "sucks balls". Resogun is an excellent shooter, Metacritic overall score of 83; maybe you just suck at shooters? Keep up the fanboy drivel, its really quite funny!
I don't like old school shooters. They bore me. I didn't care for geometry wars or super stardust either. I did love galaga growing up but that's it. You could say I'm a Nintendo fanboy but I play 360 the most and have the most titles on ps3. I bought both next gen systems day one and spent the weekend with them. The X1 feels truly next gen while the ps4 feels in between. I personally think its like an upgraded ps3. The Wii u is in its own little world. Third party games suck on it because they lack features that the other consoles have. Look at the ign video of AC4 though. it looks better on WiiU than 360 and ps3. Its not a weak console. I lobby for it because people write it off without playing it. It isn't just a Wii with a dumb controller. I personally think it has the best controller outside of the 360. I also play ouya and think it has 2 really fun games. Just 2. The rest are shit like resogun. I know people love resogun but some HD Atari style game isn't anything that should be listed as a selling point.

My whole point was for $100 more you are getting less with the ps4. For $300 or less you get a Wii U and two good platformers, a game many would put in their top 10 or the skylanders bundle. For $450 you get a ps4 with resogun and contrast.

Why put in a 2nd stick when it isnt needed?
Um, the 3DS was heavily built around . . . you guessed it, 3D! And what better way to control things in a "3D" world, than having two analog sticks? One for movement, one for change of view?

Makes no sense at all that Nintendo left it out, and I think they belatedly realized this, and came up with the "Circle Pad Pro" (for both regular and XL 3DS systems). Having to buy an add-on to get a 2nd stick basically doomed most games from using that feature, since devs can't count on people having the add-on.

I think Nintendo either doesn't put a lot of thought into their hardware designs, or just wants to spend the least amount of money possible on components, to maximize their profits on each unit. That also would explain all the missing or reduced features on the Wii U (which doesn't even have an Ethernet port, among many other missing features). For what you pay, you just don't get a robust, competitive piece of hardware from Nintendo, and haven't for many years.

bread's done
Back