30% Off Strategy Guides @ Amazon (WORKS on Pre-Orders!)

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Add a strategy guide to your cart and enter "BOOKDEAL" at the checkout under "Gift cards & promotional codes" section to receive 30% off OR $10 MAX off.  Limit 1 per account.

I personally just tested this on a few guides at random and ended up pre-ordering Lightning Returns with it.  Once it's locked in, I've never seen a promotion be taken off (if the price changes the discount will however update) unless you cancel so you can order with confidence.  Sorry in advance if this doesn't work on all guides because obviously I can't test them all. :p

Here's a link to the terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably a stupid question, but is this a single-use code? I'm torn between which guide to get/preorder if so...

-Borderlands 2 GotY (I've never seen this anywhere in stores, but I have the original Borderlands 2 CE guide, so I'm not sure how worthwhile this "upgrade" would be)

-LoZ: A Link Between Worlds CE (I tend to use Zelda guides, but from what I've heard, I might get more enjoyment out of ALBW if I explore on my own)

-Watch Dogs CE (it's apparently going to be written by David Hodgson, the best guide-writer I've seen, but would I really need a guide for this?)

-Lightning Returns CE (I would definitely use this, but I'm curious as to whether the 30% off would stack with the Pre-Order Price Guarantee--for example, if the guide drops to $25.99 or so, would 30% of that also be deducted to bring it to $18.19?)

This is probably a stupid question, but is this a single-use code? I'm torn between which guide to get/preorder if so...

-Borderlands 2 GotY (I've never seen this anywhere in stores, but I have the original Borderlands 2 CE guide, so I'm not sure how worthwhile this "upgrade" would be)

-LoZ: A Link Between Worlds CE (I tend to use Zelda guides, but from what I've heard, I might get more enjoyment out of ALBW if I explore on my own)

-Watch Dogs CE (it's apparently going to be written by David Hodgson, the best guide-writer I've seen, but would I really need a guide for this?)

-Lightning Returns CE (I would definitely use this, but I'm curious as to whether the 30% off would stack with the Pre-Order Price Guarantee--for example, if the guide drops to $25.99 or so, would 30% of that also be deducted to bring it to $18.19?)
Only worked on one for me.

NP, glad people are seeing this since the other thread got buried fast. I don't mind being second to post this deal, but I think the other OP would have got more coverage if they used a better title like mine. Theirs gets cut off before really explaining how good this deal is, so I'm sure people are going to miss it like I did.

Oh and to answer a question:

The way this works is the pre-order guarantee kicks in and the 30% is readjusted, so you're correct in your thinking.

30% off any book up to $10 on Amazon
Take an extra 30% off any book offered by Amazon.com from now until December 1st. Enter code BOOKDEAL at checkout. Here's how [amazon.com](restrictions apply).

Terms & Conditions

• ▪ The promotion is valid for a limited time only, from November 27, 2013 at 9pm PST to December 1, 2013 at 11:59pm PST. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
  • ▪ Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
  • ▪ Limit one promotional code per customer and account.
  • ▪ The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10.
  • ▪ Offer good while supplies last.
  • ▪ Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • ▪ The offer discount will be allocated to the highest priced book in your order.
  • ▪ If any of the products or content related to this promotion are returned, the value of the offer will be subtracted from your return credit.
  • ▪ This promotion may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
  • ▪ Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
  • ▪ If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
  • ▪ Void where prohibited.
  • ▪ Shipping charges may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
  • ▪ Offer does not apply to Amazon Gift Cards.

works on video game encyclopedias

I got Capcom for $6.59 after discount

http://www.amazon.com/Capcom-30th-Anniversary-Character-Encyclopedia/dp/1465414584/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385709785&sr=8-1&keywords=capcom+encyclopedia

Oh and to answer a question:
The way this works is the pre-order guarantee kicks in and the 30% is readjusted, so you're correct in your thinking.
Thanks, that makes my decision to preorder the Lightning Returns CE guide last night even better. :D

This was a nice deal, not only strategy guides though. I used it on a couple artbooks. (also used my brother's account since he didn't want to take advantage of the deal)

Thanks OP.  Grabbed the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid for my daughter.  She wanted this for christmas.  The total for me was $5.50 with my Prime account covering the shipping.

Thanks this worked perfectly for the Zelda LBW collectors guide I NEEDED! Compliments the $25 American Express statement credit I received for ordering the Zelda complete hardcover guide set. Not usually one for liking guides, but for some reason the hardcover Zelda's were always a good read through.

bread's done
Back