Amex Sync Offer: Spend $25, Get $5 back at ToysRus; Spend $115, Get $15 back at Costco

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
The Costco.com one is on my AMEX account (ie, accessible via my online account) - so you may not need the Twitter/Facebook thing to get that one.

And yeah, last year I bought a Costco gift card and got the credit. Unfortunately, it looks like you'd have to buy a $200 card to trigger the promo. I wish they had the Baja Fresh restaurant gift cards - they show them on the category link for restaurant cards but don't actually seem to have them. Our family could go through $115 worth of those in a month or two - and they would have been discounted to boot.

Edit: I bought a $100 gift card and a $33.99 set of 4 tickets for Regal Cinemas (that I can use soon for The Hobbit).

The Costco.com one is on my AMEX account (ie, accessible via my online account) - so you may not need the Twitter/Facebook thing to get that one.

And yeah, last year I bought a Costco gift card and got the credit. Unfortunately, it looks like you'd have to buy a $200 card to trigger the promo. I wish they had the Baja Fresh restaurant gift cards - they show them on the category link for restaurant cards but don't actually seem to have them. Our family could go through $115 worth of those in a month or two - and they would have been discounted to boot.

Edit: I bought a $100 gift card and a $33.99 set of 4 tickets for Regal Cinemas (that I can use soon for The Hobbit).
Couldn't you just purchase 1 $100 cash card, and 1 $25 cash card?

H3Giaxa.png

Oh yeah, I guess so - didn't think of that ;). It was just so easy last year to buy 1 card (I think it was $100 then). No biggie - I could use the movie tickets anyway. It beats paying the price at the box office.

I already got confirmation from AMEX on my Amazon and Costco purchases. The Costco one came before Costco themselves even sent me an order confirmation.

Oh yeah, I guess so - didn't think of that ;). It was just so easy last year to buy 1 card (I think it was $100 then). No biggie - I could use the movie tickets anyway. It beats paying the price at the box office.

I already got confirmation from AMEX on my Amazon and Costco purchases. The Costco one came before Costco themselves even sent me an order confirmation.
It was spend $100 get $25 back last year. :whistle2:( But I guess it is better than nothing. The amazon sync offer makes up for it though. :D

Just did both costco.com ($125 in gift cards) and Amazon. I assume the amazon once per person or amazon account? Or is it once per Amex card registered? Because if I could chain multiples of these that would be unreal.

Also, they have deals for BP gas and Exxon Mobil fill ups, I think it was $25 and $30 spent gets you $5 statement credits each time

Yep, got the Amazon and Costco offers in my online account.  Just bought the coffee grinder I've been watching for a while and Costco cash cards.  Thanks for the heads up OP!

htz said:
It was spend $100 get $25 back last year. :whistle2:( But I guess it is better than nothing.
Yeah - but I'm going to spend that much in one Costco trip anyway. $15 extra for very little effort is worth it. I just have to make sure to take the gift card with me when I go there - that's the hardest part ;).

American Express Blue Cash Preferred. Greatest. Credit Card. Ever.

6% groceries, 3% cash, 1% everything else, and great customer service. I basically buy everything using 6%-discounted gift cards I buy from grocery stores.

Plus, I've already utilized their Toys R' Us, Amazon, and Best Buy cashback offers. I still have yet to use some others. :D

6% groceries, 3% cash, 1% everything else, and great customer service. I basically buy everything using 6%-discounted gift cards I buy from grocery stores.

Plus, I've already utilized their Toys R' Us, Amazon, and Best Buy cashback offers. I still have yet to use some others. :D
Same here. They've had 3 best buy offers already this year.

what type of GCs do you get at grocery stores?

Wow this is pretty sweet. Looks like if I sign up and get approved, I get $100 and a free year of Amazon Prime (have to spend $1000 in the first 3 months). But still.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue-cash-preferred

Edit: Looks like if you're already a prime member you don't get the free year. Dang.

grocery stores have amazon, itunes, restaurants (those chain ones like Red Lobster, Chilis, etc), home depot, gas. It's the best. Unfortunately it's capped at $6000 a year.
My card is just the normal everyday blue so 3% off GCs is not that great when I can wait out for cheap 5% off on websites.

The near by place store here (only one that would qualify as grocery) doesn't have Amazon or retail stores either.

If you can't apply for an Amex card or hate paying annual fees like I do, try Serve. You'll be able to access these offers with that card. I just got the $25 back from spending $250 at Best Buy.

Just a heads up, they are charging a monthly fee starting tomorrow if you don't meet their requirements.

Also if you have an ISIS mobile payment compatible phone, you can get $20 for signing up with Serve through their app. Android only at the moment though

Note, starting December 3rd AmexServe is no longer free. There is a $1/mo service charge, that is waived if you have a $0 balance (so you never go negative)

That being said I was able to use the Amex Sync offers on my League of Legends/Amex Serve RP+ Card. Got $100 in RP for League of Legends, get rewards in the form of RP, and get to redeem these Amex offers.

If you can't apply for an Amex card or hate paying annual fees like I do, try Serve. You'll be able to access these offers with that card. I just got the $25 back from spending $250 at Best Buy.
Just a heads up, they are charging a monthly fee starting tomorrow if you don't meet their requirements.
Also if you have an ISIS mobile payment compatible phone, you can get $20 for signing up with Serve through their app. Android only at the moment though
The normal Blue doesn't have annual fees, you could just apply for that, it's rather easy to get approved.

Did anyone get a confirmation email for a qualifying purchase for TRU?  When I did this for Amazon, the email was nearly instantaneous, but I have not gotten a notification since my purchase last night.  Wondering if it's different for TRU or due to purchasing in store, or if I need to contact AMEX to verify the transaction.

Did anyone get a confirmation email for a qualifying purchase for TRU? When I did this for Amazon, the email was nearly instantaneous, but I have not gotten a notification since my purchase last night. Wondering if it's different for TRU or due to purchasing in store, or if I need to contact AMEX to verify the transaction.
I got the email within 5 mins for both my card and my wife's after using them yesterday.

Did anyone get a confirmation email for a qualifying purchase for TRU? When I did this for Amazon, the email was nearly instantaneous, but I have not gotten a notification since my purchase last night. Wondering if it's different for TRU or due to purchasing in store, or if I need to contact AMEX to verify the transaction.
Yeah, I've done a lot of these offers before (both B&M and online) and always get an instant confirmation. I did a in-store pick-up for TRU and never got anything. I don't think it processed correctly.

FYI, all of these offers are available via the amex website.  Just go to the Offers for you tab of you Account Home.  There are hundreds of available offers online.  If your doing some shopping check first.

I'll wait till the day after my purchase posts to the card to worry about it, but I wonder if its due to the pending charge appearing as "AMERICAN AGGREGOSTRANDER" rather than anything that could possibly be interpreted as Toys R Us.

Yeah, I've done a lot of these offers before (both B&M and online) and always get an instant confirmation. I did a in-store pick-up for TRU and never got anything. I don't think it processed correctly.
I was just about to ask - yep, no confirmation for me either on an in-store pickup. I thought maybe it would happen at least the day after I picked it up but it's been 2 days now.

It sucks because I bought more stuff at the same time in store and didn't use my AMEX because I thought I had that covered already. I spent like $38 too...

I'll wait till the day after my purchase posts to the card to worry about it, but I wonder if its due to the pending charge appearing as "AMERICAN AGGREGOSTRANDER" rather than anything that could possibly be interpreted as Toys R Us.
Yeah, mine says something like TRUCANADA which is bizarre. No confirmation and the charge posted two days ago now.

Also, they have deals for BP gas and Exxon Mobil fill ups, I think it was $25 and $30 spent gets you $5 statement credits each time
Only the BP deal ($5 off/$25) is EACH time. The Exxon-Mobil deal ($5off/$30) is one-time only. That being said I've been getting my gas at BP for the past few weeks... never used BP before this deal.

Annual Membership Fee

$75 :bs:

I was just about to ask - yep, no confirmation for me either on an in-store pickup. I thought maybe it would happen at least the day after I picked it up but it's been 2 days now.

It sucks because I bought more stuff at the same time in store and didn't use my AMEX because I thought I had that covered already. I spent like $38 too...
Huh, my credit posted today with no notice. It's atributed to TRU KING OF PRUSSIA, PA.

The Costco American Express has no annual fee
If you link your paid Costco membership.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was always under the expression Amex charged annual fees on all there cards. I actually applied and got it!
Glad I could help out. The $75 membership one definitely has better benefits, but requires some calculation to justify it. If you are single, I suggest just sticking with the normal blue with no annual fees.

Did you get the "spend xxx in three months, get xxx points" offer when you signed up (maybe it already ended)?

I went to the my offers section of serve. Com and it doesn't show the toys r us offer. It does show up on Facebook. I guess that means I will get the credit soon like others have stated.

You don't have to get the 75 dollar membership 1.. theres another 1 with lower cash back i think 3% on groceries instead of 6% which has no fees which is the 1 i have..

Dranakin said:
Huh, my credit posted today with no notice. It's atributed to TRU KING OF PRUSSIA, PA.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't yet checked if any of my credits appeared but I now see this:

COSTCO.COM ISSAQUAH -15.00
AMAZON.COM LLC SEATTLE -25.00
TOYSRUS - BABIESRUS KING OF PRUSSIA -5.00

Nice!

I've noticed the last round of deals you no longer need to purchase the total amount at once-- I got both the Best Buy and Amazon deals on my Starwood Preferred Guest card and received the credits even though I didn't buy the required minimum purchase at once (but did cumulatively in Black Friday deals). I went back to look at the deals and they don't say anything about "1 transaction" anymore, just "spend $200 by 12/31/13" (for example).

Just FYI/YMMV...

Annual Membership Fee

$75 :bs:
Get "Blue Cash Everyday" instead to avoid annual fee -- google around for sign up bonuses

Can't seem to get the Amazon offer to come up on either the AMEX web site or the AMEX sync app for my Amex Costco card.
Amazon registration is closed (max # of cards reached) -- people who alrdy added the offer to their cards have until the end of the month to use it

My BP deal says once only.
BP offer is multi use -- I've gotten 5-6 credits alrdy

How long does it take for the credits to post?
Usually a few days (sometimes within a week) after the charge is fully posted to your account

For the amazon offer, does buying an amazon gc count? Just want to make sure since they are sold by ACI Gift Cards, an Amazon company.

bread's done
Back