X1/PS4 Rayman Legends Pre-Order $39.99 Amazon & Best Buy ($31.99 w/ GCU)

Did not know this was coming out for these systems. This game is on so many systems... I want the Vita or the Wii U version.. or either of these versions. (When I get these systems)

Can you explain how it stacks? Did this require trading in things in 2013?

Anything different about these versions compared to last gen versions besides graphics?
"Xbox One owners will get additional Splinter Ray, Ray Vaas, and Globox Vaas costumes, whereas PlayStation 4 owners will get an Assassin Ray costume.

The multi-platinum rapper also neglects to mention that the Xbox One version will include 10 exclusive challenges with time-limited Achievements, or that the PlayStation 4 will feature its own touchpad actions."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/snoop-dogg-announces-rayman-legends-xbox-one-and-ps4-release-date-in-weird-trailer/1100-6416664/

Is this a price mistake? Its listed at $59.99 at GS and BB.

It could just be a sale. It's been at $59.96 for a month in my cart now, and it just dropped today.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Xbox One owners will get additional Splinter Ray, Ray Vaas, and Globox Vaas costumes, whereas PlayStation 4 owners will get an Assassin Ray costume.

The multi-platinum rapper also neglects to mention that the Xbox One version will include 10 exclusive challenges with time-limited Achievements, or that the PlayStation 4 will feature its own touchpad actions."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/snoop-dogg-announces-rayman-legends-xbox-one-and-ps4-release-date-in-weird-trailer/1100-6416664/

It could just be a sale. It's been at $59.96 for a month in my cart now, and it just dropped today.
Hmmm..sounds like the XBOX ONE version might be a tiny bit better than the PS4 version, except the PS4 version gives you an option to tickle the enemies to death which sounds cute..decisions decisions

Anyone have any compelling reasons to get X1 over PS4, or vice versa?

OP, use "xb1" within the colons to make the Xbox One logo.

: xb1 : = :xb1:
Thanks. I'll fix it.

Not sure if I want since I wasn't a big fan of the first game...
I'm not sure how it compares, since I've never played Rayman before, but this game has popped up on many Top 10 games of 2013 lists and I think I heard it's the best platformer outside of Mario.

Wow, nice price.
Now man up Square-Enix. *stares at Tomb Raider*
That was my first thought as well, the sad thing is that Tomb Raider is even older than Rayman Legends also. I think they (square enix) are purely banking on the post launch drought for each system.

If you all had to choose, which version is better, the XBOX ONE or the PS4 version..seems like the XBOX ONE version comes with more goodies

Pre-ordered for Xbox. Now if only Square would drop Tomb Raider down to $39.99 it would be an insta-buy for me, and I bought it when it first came out for 60 bucks...

I really want this, but that's bad release timing for me - one week after Bravely Default & Lightning Returns, and one week before Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.   :???:   I'll just wait & pick it up late spring / summer when the new releases slack off, it'll probably be $20 or so by then anyway.  

Best Buy recently set the price at $40. I just ordered it for $31.99 with GCU and applied my $15 gift card from the $100 promo. A great deal!

Thanks for the heads up on this. It gives me another game to play with the kiddies. We should be a little tired of Lego Marvel by the time this comes. Hoping that they do second screen with the Vita for the firefly like with the WiiU version.

Best Buy recently set the price at $40. I just ordered it for $31.99 with GCU and applied my $15 gift card from the $100 promo. A great deal!
Hmm...

This is a question I should probably know the answer to, but if you cancel an Amazon order that was paid for entirely in promotional credit, will you get that credit refunded back to you or are you forced to contact CS to get it back?

Do you guys think that the ps4 version will be better than the vita version or generally the same? I have the vita version but haven't opened it yet..was thinking if the ps4 version was better id prob just sell the vita version and get the ps4..otherwise id just keep the vita version. thanks!

Do you guys think that the ps4 version will be better than the vita version or generally the same? I have the vita version but haven't opened it yet..was thinking if the ps4 version was better id prob just sell the vita version and get the ps4..otherwise id just keep the vita version. thanks!
Beyond the obvious graphics improvement there's also the new character and if it is important to you, local multiplayer. I'm not entirely sure how the touchscreen stuff works in this game but it might be easier to use on the Vita's screen rather than the dualshock 4 touchpad.

Is there any bonus with the Pre-order?  As soon as I looked at the deal I jumped and did a pre-order but then thought, the game should definitely fall to $49.99@Best Buy soon after launch. That would be $39.99 with GCU.

I have more than $200 BB GC/RZ to burn and with RZ points, you don't have to pay the taxes, and cancelled the pre-order :D

Update: Realized that Best Buy has Price Matched Amazon order. 

With GCU, pre-ordered now at BB for $31.99 fully paid with RZ points ($30) and GC ($2.15).

Wanted to try if the $15 savings code (received on the $100 online purchase during 26Dec2013-28Dec2013 promotion) can be applied partially, but did not go to take the risk. Anybody used the code partially?

Is there any bonus with the Pre-order? As soon as I looked at the deal I jumped and did a pre-order but then thought, the game should definitely fall to $49.99@Best Buy soon after launch. That would be $39.99 with GCU.

I have more than $200 BB GC/RZ to burn and with RZ points, you don't have to pay the taxes, and cancelled the pre-order :D
It's $32 with GCU right nowz

Hmm...

This is a question I should probably know the answer to, but if you cancel an Amazon order that was paid for entirely in promotional credit, will you get that credit refunded back to you or are you forced to contact CS to get it back?
Anyone? I'm quoting myself in case the original post went unnoticed.

I'm curious, does anyone know why the :xb1: and the :ps4: versions are the "standard edition?" Makes me wonder if there is going to be a CE version or something to that effect.

I have never run into this issue somehow.

I want to preorder this at Best Buy with my GCU for $31.99 but I have a $35 reward certificate from the promo in November. If I don't use the full $35 on the order do I just lose that money?

Here goes the links for Best Buy.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=3069036&pid=1219087005455&ev=prodView. - PS4

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=3069018&pid=1219087005454&ev=prodView - x1

On my phone so hopefully those links aren't too crazy.

I want to preorder this at Best Buy with my GCU for $31.99 but I have a $35 reward certificate from the promo in November. If I don't use the full $35 on the order do I just lose that money?
You'd have to spend over $35. Buy something small to go along with it to hit $35

Anyone? I'm quoting myself in case the original post went unnoticed.
Depends on when the promo credit 'expires' - if you cancel before it expires then it'll generally be returned back to you automatically as promo credit with the same expiration date. If it has expired it's gone forever when you cancel.

Can't do it - to use a cert the pre-tax total must equal or exceed the cert's value.

You'd have to spend over $35. Buy something small to go along with it to hit $35
Ugh, there isnt really anything at Best Buy for a couple dollars!

Maybe I will preorder PvZ Garden Warfare since it comes out the same day as Rayman... I just didn't really care to get that at launch though. Hm...

Any great ideas for something under $10 but still usable from Best Buy?

Depends on when the promo credit 'expires' - if you cancel before it expires then it'll generally be returned back to you automatically as promo credit with the same expiration date. If it has expired it's gone forever when you cancel.
So if the $39.99 I spent was through promo credit I acquired within the past week, is it safe to say that it should be returned to my account if I cancel the preorder?

bread's done
Back