The Wonderful 101 for $23.99 at Amazon and Best Buy

This game will end up being like the Kirby game I paid 8$ for or Metroid Other M that was going for $5. Just gunna give it some time.

I was gonna say I regret including this in my Target B2G1 purchase last November, but I remembered that between the 30% off coupon and the 5% off for using my Red card, it came out to exactly $22.16 prior to tax after all. Hah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost there hit 15 and I'm all in
Lol I thought I was crazy for thinking the exact same thing last night when I first saw this deal. It's only $4 difference but it's makes a difference when you don't plan on realistically playing it for months anyway.

This game will end up being like the Kirby game I paid 8$ for or Metroid Other M that was going for $5. Just gunna give it some time.
Hopefully u mean epic yarn or dream collection and not return to dreamland. :p. That game is expensive now unless u found one at a closing blockbuster.

I think the only problem youll encounter is that both kirby and metroid had a huge following to them and nintendo printed a ton of them. Wonderful101 is a new IP and inventory is slowly drying up.

I was told back when it was on sale for 35 to go for it because if I don't it will get rare and I would have to buy it for god knows how much later. I will take a chance this time and wait. If it does go super expensive I will just wait and get lucky at a garage sale where a single mom is selling her collage graduates things for super cheap.

All stores near me are showing out of stock. Might order online just in case it goes rare and super expensive
Thats why I ordered, regardless of whether the price is gonna get jacked up, very few stores had any copies in either of the 2 areas I frequent. I doubt the price could drop that much lower to make me regret this

Stopped by Local Liberty Bestbuy (MO) Price $27.98.  I told the cashier they price match BBY $23.99 - 20% off = $19.19 plus taxes.  End up picke up 2 copies.  Seem like Hard Copy will be OOP soon and only version we will see is digital version on E-shop.

Lol I thought I was crazy for thinking the exact same thing last night when I first saw this deal. It's only $4 difference but it's makes a difference when you don't plan on realistically playing it for months anyway.
Yeah, new games drop so fast in price now that $20 is my borderline level for harder to find games, $15 is my more comfortable price point, and $10 I can just buy without thinking much.

I was told back when it was on sale for 35 to go for it because if I don't it will get rare and I would have to buy it for god knows how much later. I will take a chance this time and wait. If it does go super expensive I will just wait and get lucky at a garage sale where a single mom is selling her collage graduates things for super cheap.
Did the other retailers like Target replenish their stock after they sold out online when it dropped to $29.99? Serious question, btw? 3 local GameStops never replaced them but that's not unusual for this type of game where I live.

It's worth it at this price especially if you are a fan of Platinum Games output. Was a great game and deserved to sell so much better. It doesn't seem likely with the sales it has had but I would love to see more games in W101 universe.

This price is pretty good, but considering I'm not looking to buy a WiiU until next Christmas, or sooner if it ever reaches the 200 or less club. I just can't justify buying it now. I'll have to keep an eye on rarity, but every store in my town has it, and I'll doubt they'll be a rush anytime soon, so waiting on a 20 or less price tag seems the way to go.

This kind of price seems okay if it's a game you MUST PLAY or if you have NO BACKLOG.  If it's a game you don't feel you must play or you have a backlog then you're better off waiting for 10 or 15.  If it goes out of stock and OOP in the meantime and never hits that level then oh well, it's not a game you MUST PLAY anyway or you would have bought it for $25.  This is the situation where people increase their backlog and end up looking at stacks and stacks of games that they buy but will never play. 

Did the other retailers like Target replenish their stock after they sold out online when it dropped to $29.99? Serious question, btw? 3 local GameStops never replaced them but that's not unusual for this type of game where I live.

It's worth it at this price especially if you are a fan of Platinum Games output. Was a great game and deserved to sell so much better. It doesn't seem likely with the sales it has had but I would love to see more games in W101 universe.
I guess its all about location the stores around here which is just a Walmart and a locally owned game store have plenty in stock. I just don't know since I can still find Vanquish and Bayonetta for 6 bucks at my local store. Just trying to be a better CAG everyday. Also I'm about 60 games deep in my backlog. O:)

This kind of price seems okay if it's a game you MUST PLAY or if you have NO BACKLOG. If it's a game you don't feel you must play or you have a backlog then you're better off waiting for 10 or 15. If it goes out of stock and OOP in the meantime and never hits that level then oh well, it's not a game you MUST PLAY anyway or you would have bought it for $25. This is the situation where people increase their backlog and end up looking at stacks and stacks of games that they buy but will never play.
Not necessarily true. Could also be an investment. Not saying it will become like xenoblade or other games that go OOP then you can sell them for over 100 but it's a possibility.

It's worth it for most people that were already in the program. Those in the program also are renewing for 2 more years @ $30.
Ah, but telling someone to not wait for a $20 price point because it's technically already $20 with the GCU program doesn't mean squat to them if they're not part of that program.

This kind of price seems okay if it's a game you MUST PLAY or if you have NO BACKLOG. If it's a game you don't feel you must play or you have a backlog then you're better off waiting for 10 or 15. If it goes out of stock and OOP in the meantime and never hits that level then oh well, it's not a game you MUST PLAY anyway or you would have bought it for $25. This is the situation where people increase their backlog and end up looking at stacks and stacks of games that they buy but will never play.
. Your right..your right..stares longingly at a backlog filled with ps2 and ps3 games...goes back to reading college books.

I guess its all about location the stores around here which is just a Walmart and a locally owned game store have plenty in stock. I just don't know since I can still find Vanquish and Bayonetta for 6 bucks at my local store. Just trying to be a better CAG everyday. Also I'm about 60 games deep in my backlog. O:)
My Wal Marts have plenty of copies as well but they haven't dropped the price last I checked. My question though was about the retailers that sold out. If we know the retailers are re-stocking the title after it sells out it may help those on the fence be more confident in waiting for a lower price without worry. I believe Target sold out online and some CAG mentioned it was OOS in their store. I wonder if those stores have more stock it has it been back up on Target?

Not necessarily true. Could also be an investment. Not saying it will become like xenoblade or other games that go OOP then you can sell them for over 100 but it's a possibility.
I collect games and try to get the games I know I want at a certain price but I wouldn't say they are investments. Is that what you mean?

This game will be an extremely rare collectible by this time next month. Better start stocking up on copies now.

My Wal Marts have plenty of copies as well but they haven't dropped the price last I checked. My question though was about the retailers that sold out. If we know the retailers are re-stocking the title after it sells out it may help those on the fence be more confident in waiting for a lower price without worry. I believe Target sold out online and some CAG mentioned it was OOS in their store. I wonder if those stores have more stock it has it been back up on Target?

I collect games and try to get the games I know I want at a certain price but I wouldn't say they are investments. Is that what you mean?
Not necessarily. It's kind of like comics some become super valuable and if you plan on playing the game at least $20 is not a bad price especially with the chance of being able to resell it for over $100 one day. Look at xenoblade as an example I would even say monster hunter for wiiu is another potential title.

I heard this game only sold 50k.
VGCHartz has it now at 140k. Still pretty awful sales considering Nintendo thought it would move some consoles, but the $30 price seems to have pulled more people in. The reason IMO it sold so bad is Gamecube style games like this and Pikmin, really only appeal to the true "hardcore" gamers (I hate using the term but its true). I have a couple friends that were watching me play it, and they thought it was awesome, but when I went to give any of them the controller, they all said no. It's just a true brand new IP, with new controls, new concept, etc. and it scares alot of people away.

Not necessarily. It's kind of like comics some become super valuable and if you plan on playing the game at least $20 is not a bad price especially with the chance of being able to resell it for over $100 one day. Look at xenoblade as an example I would even say monster hunter for wiiu is another potential title.
Right and those are the type of games that most collectors, including me, want. When you use the word investment though it gives the impression you are buying for the sole purpose to profit and that's doesn't sound like what you actually meant. Really it probably is how I interpreted it. In some since every item purchased could be considered an investment in some sense.

It was in my Gold Box Deals on Amazon for $22.79.  With free prime shipping, that works for me for one of the few good Nintendo exclusives (which are basically the only games I'll buy for the Wii U nowadays).  Thanks OP.

Right and those are the type of games that most collectors, including me, want. When you use the word investment though it gives the impression you are buying for the sole purpose to profit and that's doesn't sound like what you actually meant. Really it probably is how I interpreted it. In some since every item purchased could be considered an investment in some sense.
True I did word it a little weird but now we are on the same page lol

Point being go for it if you want. I'll wait and if it spikes in price I'll be a sad little boy. If it falls more in price then I'll buy us all cake and beer while we wait for Prime 2 day shipping to get to my house.

VGCHartz has it now at 140k. Still pretty awful sales considering Nintendo thought it would move some consoles, but the $30 price seems to have pulled more people in. The reason IMO it sold so bad is Gamecube style games like this and Pikmin, really only appeal to the true "hardcore" gamers (I hate using the term but its true). I have a couple friends that were watching me play it, and they thought it was awesome, but when I went to give any of them the controller, they all said no. It's just a true brand new IP, with new controls, new concept, etc. and it scares alot of people away.
I don't recall Nintendo ever saying it would move consoles. They said it was part of a bigger movement to get more software on the system, thus more software moving systems. But not W101 specifically

Ordered this last week when it was "Temporarily Out of Stock," now my order is showing "Preparing for Shipment," can't wait!

Amazon's price of $23.99 is still showing it as "Temporarily Out of Stock."

bread's done
Back