Nintendo Wii U Digital Deluxe Promotion

ilpalazzo150

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I'm not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere (if it has, I haven't found it), so if it has I apologize, but I caught it last night while browsing the eShop.

Nintendo has a promotion going on for Wii U Deluxe owners. Every digital purchase you make earns you 10% back the cost of the game in points. Every 500 points earns you a $5 eShop credit. All you have to do is link your Nintendo Network ID to it and your good to go.

This only applies to Wii U eShop purchases, but the credit can be used in the 3DS eShop as well. This runs until the end of the year.

Now here's something I'm a little fuzzy on. When I linked my account, I instantly got a $5 credit; I'm not sure if that was just for linking it or if they reviewed my recent transaction history.

http://ddp.nintendo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is a badge on each wii u deluxe box for this, but otherwise nintendo has done a bad job of promoting it.  Now that there is a banner in the eshop making it look like a new offer, at least more people will be aware.  Your previous purchases should count and probably explain your $5 credit.

Banner? It's barely that; it's at the very bottom of the front page. I wouldn't have even noticed it down there if I wasn't going to download Amazon Instant.

Huh? What do you mean. Are you saying that if I redeem a Club Nintendo card from a physical copy of a game, I'll get points for the Digital Deluxe Promotion??
No, the digital games that are offered for the wii u nintendo club rewards, give you points towards this promotion.

Its on the box. Kinda hard to miss. also if you redeem game codes you bought at a store it gives you the credit so you could double dip with things like power up rewards

Huh? What do you mean. Are you saying that if I redeem a Club Nintendo card from a physical copy of a game, I'll get points for the Digital Deluxe Promotion??
Example: I bought the Wind Waker bundle. It came with a code for Zelda. I used the code and immediately got 500 points - a $5 eshop gift card. Not half bad.

The same is true for the free games you get as prizes for Club Nintendo points.

F-Zero™ Nintendo
Purchased with a download code Price $7.99

79pts

Example: I bought the Wind Waker bundle. It came with a code for Zelda. I used the code and immediately got 500 points - a $5 eshop gift card. Not half bad.

The same is true for the free games you get as prizes for Club Nintendo points.

F-Zero™ Nintendo
Purchased with a download code Price $7.99

79pts
Should say 'game' as F-zero is literally the first one. All others up to this point have been Wii

Also, you didnt get a $5 code for Zelda because it cost $49.99. I have the same bundle, you had to buy something else to get the extra point and put you over the hump. Also annoying that the credit doesn't appear for roughly a day

Still way better than anything Sony or MS (lol what cheapskates) are offering in terms of rewards programs

Should say 'game' as F-zero is literally the first one. All others up to this point have been Wii

Also, you didnt get a $5 code for Zelda because it cost $49.99. I have the same bundle, you had to buy something else to get the extra point and put you over the hump. Also annoying that the credit doesn't appear for roughly a day

Still way better than anything Sony or MS (lol what cheapskates) are offering in terms of rewards programs
Actually the balloon fight was the first one for the wii U

TIL codes for games bought at Gamestop or otherwise count towards the promotion. Bought Pokemon Rumble U at Gamestop for the exclusive figure and it added points for me.

Actually the balloon fight was the first one for the wii U

Is balloon fight virtual console though? (ok, sure, technically it's all under the eShop umbrella but I was talking more old school games that have gotten rereleases-or is it wiiware, or whatever the Wii U equivilent is?)

I remember when they put Zelda ALTP out and for a while the link said Wii U. Made everyone pretty irritated, like they were laughing at us

Eh, that's a bit anal...Yes I needed 1 more point. I upgraded several other games I got free for the Wii and paid $1.50 for the upgrade to the Wii U version so yeah I had "paid" for some other stuff. also I bought Earthbound. But you're right, Zelda was only worth 499 points.

I remember when they put Zelda ALTP out and for a while the link said Wii U. Made everyone pretty irritated, like they were laughing at us
I'm waiting for them to release a link to the past in the US so I can upgrade my Wii version. I don't understand why they haven't released it yet. If I were running Nintendo, I'd have Wii U port developers focus on the games that have the largest install base on the Wii so more people would pay to upgrade those games. That's probably got a better chance of generating revenue than porting the shit they've been doing.

I bought the Mario & Luigi Bundle. I haven't bought anything from the eshop yet. I got this:

Sign in failed.

• You cannot participate in this promotion until the day after you purchase games and content at the Nintendo eShop.
  • Please ensure you are in a country that is eligible for this promotion. Only users that created a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U Deluxe Set are eligible for this promotion.

So, it's either because I haven't bought/redeemed anything on the eshop yet to "activate" it, or because I linked my Club Nintendo ID with my 3DS to create my NNID, before I got a Wii U.

I bought the Mario & Luigi Bundle. I haven't bought anything from the eshop yet. I got this:

Sign in failed.

• You cannot participate in this promotion until the day after you purchase games and content at the Nintendo eShop.
  • Please ensure you are in a country that is eligible for this promotion. Only users that created a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U Deluxe Set are eligible for this promotion.

So, it's either because I haven't bought/redeemed anything on the eshop yet to "activate" it, or because I linked my Club Nintendo ID with my 3DS to create my NNID, before I got a Wii U.
It's because you haven't bought anything yet. If you want to activate it for cheap, you could always download a Wii Panorama View for $2; there are also a couple of indie games for $2 at the moment. After you buy something it will take 2-3 days to fully post to your account.

It's because you haven't bought anything yet. If you want to activate it for cheap, you could always download a Wii Panorama View for $2; there are also a couple of indie games for $2 at the moment. After you buy something it will take 2-3 days to fully post to your account.
Are those panorama views any good? I remember reading about them and thinking that $2 seemed like a bit much for a bunch of pictures. How are they?

Sign in failed.

You have to make an initial purchase first. Once you buy your first eShop game on Wii U, you can sign in and view the point balance.

bread's done
Back