CAGcast #352: Nothing Like Tony Hawk

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Machinima and Microsoft, Nintendo Fusion, the King saga, multiplatform games on XB1 and PS4 and much more!

Download (83 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
http://soundcloud.com/cheapyd/cagcast-352-nothing-like-tony

GoDaddy.com Coupon Codes

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro: Tron - I/O Club Remix - Outro: Sega CD Commercial

CAG #352

1:45 Thug Life
2:00 - Cheapy's collection/Raffle
4:30 - Sega CD/Genesis stuff
7:00 - Nerf gun stuff
10:45 Pebble Watch
13:30 Show feedback:
13:30 - Teh Internets
19:30 Watch This: True Detective
20:30 New Releases: KickBeat (Steam), Olli Olli (Vita)
23:45 - Insurgency (Steam)
27:15 Machinima / Microsoft promo controversy
47:45 Powerstar Golf sale on XBL
53:30 Tomb Raider Definitive Edition framerates
57:00 Nintendo WiiU sales forecast cut by 70%
1:09:30 Candy Crush / Banner Saga
1:14:00 Rust
1:16:15 Cagbag:
1:16:15 - XB1 & Twitch
1:17:30 - Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
1:19:00 - Main console choices?
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy, perhaps your Xbox One wouldn't turn on because Kinect recognized a disgruntled ex-employee.

Also, I want in on the Max giveaway. Thanks crew

Wombat had a Sega CD, and just now hearing about this? What was your favorite title?

Also I'll enter that Max brotherhood thing.

Comment in the show thread saying that I want the game and something specific, I listened to it. "Ah ha! I like that"

Here's my comment for Wombat's giveaway, who had the normal cardboard box version of Night Trap while Shipwreck had the 32X CD version.

Edit: never mind, decided against getting an Xbox One for the forseeable future, don't include me in the contest!

There's nothing like starting your Friday squirting with Cagcast 352..Great Show guys  

I'd like in with the Max brotherhood comp PLEASE 

I fully support buying Nerf guns. I'm 23 with no kids, but I have quite a few Nerf guns. You're never too old to get together with a bunch of friends and run around and shoot each other.

Also, depending on the day/time I'd be down for a mini CAG meetup.

Forget about someone visiting ship to check out his stash, I want ship to host a Retro Video Game Hunter show where he traverses the country looking for unique and hard to find video games and video game memorabilia.

Would love a copy of Max for the Xbox One.

I interested in a copy of Max for XBone, and damn you Cheapy for making me go order nerf guns!

Good luck raising funds for Child's Play!  Hopefully, cheapy's games collection fetches top dollar.   

For the Wombat giveaway on XboxOne, Max Curse of the Brotherhood.

I'm purchasing the Nstrike shotgun for my little one to terrorize my wife too!

Hey Wombat can I have a Max code por favor?! I promise not to shoot anyone in the nuts with my Nerf gun!

P. S. That splitter shouldn't degrade your connection quality.

Wombat, did you use any cheat codes normally found in Lego games to get that many studs in Lego Marvel?

I would like a code for Max the curse of brotherhood.

Cheapy has convinced me to not only add Nerf guns to my Amazon cart but also go fish my Pebble out of the tech drawer it's been living in.

Also Wombat when you do add that coaxial splitter be sure to do a Speedtest beforehand (not during the show lol) and afterwards. My own ISP gave me a splitter that cut my speeds in half.

Hey Wombat: If you're still giving away the Max: The Curse of Brotherhood codes, I'd like to get one.

Cheapy, even though he keeps asking, "Have I mention Tokyo American Club?" He literaly talks about it all the time.

I would like a code for Max the curse of brotherhood.

Cheapy has convinced me to not only add Nerf guns to my Amazon cart but also go fish my Pebble out of the tech drawer it's been living in.

Also Wombat when you do add that coaxial splitter be sure to do a Speedtest beforehand (not during the show lol) and afterwards. My own ISP gave me a splitter that cut my speeds in half.
I had a similar problem with my speeds going down when using an ISP provided splitter.

Wombat. . . when you upgraded to 50mbs from verizon did they give you a new router (a red one)? 

When I upgraded, my internet speed actually went down (from about 20MPS to about 5MBPS). I called verizon and they sent me a new router, i plugged it in and my speeds skyrocketed (50MBP+). 

If you have a new router I would suggest that you give them a call. Here are the stages:

1) They will put the blame on you. You will have to un-plug and replug in everything you own (including your blender). When they say that your speeds my be effected by WIFI say "If I was getting 30MBPs i would see your point, but 4MBPs is not a WIFI issue).

2) They will ping your system and do some internal computer wizzardry. This sometimes works.

3) They will offer to send you a new router. If that does not work, they will then send out a tech rep to inspect your line.

4) The Tech Rep will come over and plug weird devises into your shit. Usually they will figure something out, if not i would switch providers.

EDIT: Your initial call to Verizon will take about 45 minutes to an Hour. It is NOT a fast process. Sometimes they will offer to call you back if they have to do extensive tests (9 out of 10 times they won't call you back and you will have to call them and start over with someone new).   I have gone through this process about a 1/2 dozen times (I hate verizon).

Wombat. . . when you upgraded to 50mbs from verizon did they give you a new router (a red one)?

When I upgraded, my internet speed actually went down (from about 20MPS to about 5MBPS). I called verizon and they sent me a new router, i plugged it in and my speeds skyrocketed (50MBP+).

If you have a new router I would suggest that you give them a call. Here are the stages:

1) They will put the blame on you. You will have to un-plug and replug in everything you own (including your blender). When they say that your speeds my be effected by WIFI say "If I was getting 30MBPs i would see your point, but 4MBPs is not a WIFI issue).

2) They will ping your system and do some internal computer wizzardry. This sometimes works.

3) They will offer to send you a new router. If that does not work, they will then send out a tech rep to inspect your line.

4) The Tech Rep will come over and plug weird devises into your shit. Usually they will figure something out, if not i would switch providers.

EDIT: Your initial call to Verizon will take about 45 minutes to an Hour. It is NOT a fast process. Sometimes they will offer to call you back if they have to do extensive tests (9 out of 10 times they won't call you back and you will have to call them and start over with someone new). I have gone through this process about a 1/2 dozen times (I hate verizon).
I just got my new red router on Tuesday!

No offense to anyone but that ad talk was boring as shit. A simple- "Microsoft probably had nothing to do with it, it was an advertising company paying the youtubers" would've sufficed. 

I DO NOT want a copy of the Max game. 

Sign me up for the Max giveaway.  And disappointed no talk on the cagcast concerning Wombat's Lost Key Saga.  Maybe this is due to Saga copyright?

Hey Cheapy,

John at 8-4 Play has bad back pain and needs suggestions on a Standing Desk. Help your boy out with recommendations.

Wombat put me in for Max Curse of a Brotherhood giveaway.

Proof I listen to the show... You ask for proof that we listen to the show. :)

Lol, calling Xbox One the "Michigan J Frog of voice control" made me spit up my coffee. So perfect!

Mine will almost never "turn on", but it's got about 95% success with "turn off".

Also, sure, I'll take a Max code!

Thanks for the great cast.

Good Show.  The difference between the PS3 and 360 and the Xbox One and PS4 aren't the same so I doubt we will see anything like the PS3 version of Skyrim on Xbox One. 

Count me in for the Max code.

CAG #352

1:45 Thug Life
2:00 - Cheapy's collection/Raffle
4:30 - Sega CD/Genesis stuff
7:00 - Nerf gun stuff
10:45 Pebble Watch
13:30 Show feedback:
13:30 - Teh Internets
19:30 Watch This: True Detective
20:30 New Releases: KickBeat (Steam), Olli Olli (Vita)
23:45 - Insurgency (Steam)
27:15 Machinima / Microsoft promo controversy
47:45 Powerstar Golf sale on XBL
53:30 Tomb Raider Definitive Edition framerates
57:00 Nintendo WiiU sales forecast cut by 70%
1:09:30 Candy Crush / Banner Saga
1:14:00 Rust
1:16:15 Cagbag:
1:16:15 - XB1 & Twitch
1:17:30 - Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
1:19:00 - Main console choices?

Night Trap was horrible.  My SegaBeast (Genesis + SegaCD + 32X + PowerBase Converter) still works, but that's one game that shall never again soil the system.

I was considering holding out for the Definitive Tomb Raider until Amazon had the PC download on sale for $5 -- hard to argue with that...

Please count me in as interested in a Max code.

I'm mentioning that you stated I should mention something about the show to indicate that I'm indeed listening to the show for a chance at one of the three Max Curse of the Brotherhood code.

Hey Cheapy,
why don't you raffle off your old video card and link it to a charity of your choice. For shipping, I sure people are willing to pay.

I would love a copy of Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood!

Wombat thanks for explaining all that ad sales stuff. Totally agree with Shipwreck about watching videos to see the game in action. 90% of people will probably know if a game is for them just by seeing it in action.

I would like a Max Code!

And Wombat is way too into all things DC/Marvel. And Shipwreck paid $50 for a GI Joe figure. (Shipwreck obviously, I think it was $50)

Great show guys!

OlliOlli is also a part of the Vita Play promotion to lower the price through credit back if you buy 2 ($3 back), 3 ($6 back), or all 4 ($10 back) of the featured Vita games coming out the next 3 weeks, though one of them is a $32 Dragon Ball Z game, the other two are $8.

The next Elder's Scroll game probably won't be inferior on Xbox 1 as Microsoft will likely pay through the nose again to make it the primary platform and get time exclusive DLC. So instead of a better PS4 version and a shittier Xbox 1 version we'll just get the shitty Xbox 1 version on both platforms.

"Good Enough"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4soFjUjOc

I would like to win a code for Meax on Xbox One. Wombat's insight into the Machinama BS was great. Bought the Witcher 2 for 360 when It was on sale and I'm hooked. Back to Tameria!

I'd like to place my entry to win one of the Max: The Curse of Brotherhood codes for Xbox One.

Regarding the conversation of trying to demo voice commands for your ex-MS friend with Kinect:

- My 15 yo daughter insists that the Xbox 360 Kinect understands her best with a fake British accent

- I find that I usually have to repeat myself often when using the Xbox One kinect

- The one time that I had your exact same issue I found that my Xbox One was not in standby mode for some reason (maybe an auto update?).  When I manually started it, it went through the long startup sequence. Perhaps this was your issue.

I would love a code to the xone game..........I fell asleep, so the game is like Tony Hawk, right?

I would like a code for Max:  The Curse of Brotherhood.

I don't really care who Microsoft pays for youtube videos, all I know is that my ears went cross eyed listening to you guys explain it.

EDIT:  And for the love of god, will podcast people stop saying Xbox voice commands during podcasts.  I had Brad Shoemaker turn off my system while I was leading a race in Forza the other day and Cheapy just knocked me out of 2nd place in an online race during this show.

Hey Cheapy,

John at 8-4 Play has bad back pain and needs suggestions on a Standing Desk. Help your boy out with recommendations.

Wombat put me in for Max Curse of a Brotherhood giveaway.

Proof I listen to the show... You ask for proof that we listen to the show. :)
Way ahead of you. I sent him a copy of Dr. Sarno's book buy I don't think he is buying into it.

I had no idea people pay that much for cable and internet in the US. Finland has a high cost of living like Japan, but seems like we are ahead in these tech things. We don't even have analog cable TV anymore, it all went digital six years ago and you can pretty much just pick and choose which channels you want. And I pay 10 euros a month for 100mbs internet connection (20mbs connection is free). 

I like hearing anecdotes like these (maybe boring for some, but not to me) about living in the US or Japan. I've always wanted to live in either country for maybe a couple of years (I've visited both)!

My favorite moment of this show is when Wombat said that he fell asleep for 5 minutes and asked (Shipwreck) whether Olli Olli is like Tony Hawk. CheapyD's laugh afterwards is the icing on top.

CheapyD's collection video is entertaining, especially with Tai in it.

Shipwreck's usage of adequate in this show is inadequate.

Please also consider adding me for one of the Wombat's codes for Max Curse of the Brotherhood for XBOX One.

There was a Mario four swords game? I thought it was a Legend of Zelda game.

I'd take a Max code if there is one sitting around.

I played Insurgency back when it was a free Source mod years ago... probably 2007 or 08? It was the first game I played that had an ironsight mechanic, actually. I wonder how similar this "full game" is.

bread's done
Back