Resident Evil 4 HD (Steam) $14.99 preorder at GameFly

I can't believe the sheer number of times I've bought this game.
This will be my fifth. GameCube, PlayStation 2, Wii, Xbox 360....and now Steam.

That's....not something to be proud of. LoL.

But it really is a genuinely great game!

Thanks, OP !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to buy this but I just went through the hassle of modding the original pc release a few months ago and havent finished it yet. Not sure if I should stop playing and start over with this or skip it. sigh.

This will be my fifth. GameCube, PlayStation 2, Wii, Xbox 360....and now Steam.

That's....not something to be proud of. LoL.

But it really is a genuinely great game!

Thanks, OP !!!
Besides those systems, I also played the older and inferior pc version (based on the ps2 version). This new one is probably based on the higher resolution gamecube textures, with everything running at 60 fps. I'll probably pick up the boxed physical version when it becomes available on amazon.uk, zavvi, or wherever.

Remember when everyone said there was no way RE4 was being ported. This should be the moment where the  action genre changed forever. Everyone will look back at that moment in time as the erosion of the definition of exclusivity.

Nothing is exclusive, Everything is ported.

RE4 was probably the last truly stunning game I have played; a game that really made me feel like the genre had made a major step forward.

That said, enough is enough.  I can't justify buying it again unless they really do a full remake with fully updated visuals.  And if they ever do develop a remake, I just hope that they only do a major makeover of the visuals and sound design.  They do not need to mess with the gameplay or level design in RE4. 

I believe someone said that this version is based off the 360 version. And that there'll be m+kb support.

I'm psyched, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable 75% off. I'm kinda RE'ed out. Recently played through a bunch of 5 Gold, Revelations, and some of RE6.

I believe someone said that this version is based off the 360 version. And that there'll be m+kb support.

I'm psyched, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable 75% off. I'm kinda RE'ed out. Recently played through a bunch of 5 Gold, Revelations, and some of RE6.
Who? I know the PS3 version had bad audio (was based off of the PS2 version), not sure about the 360 version though.

I read it in one of the steam forum posts. That a guy of a guy was testing it and that it was based on the 360 port. So yeah... take it with a grain of salt.

But the m+kb support was confirmed on the devs end.

I read it in one of the steam forum posts. That a guy of a guy was testing it and that it was based on the 360 port. So yeah... take it with a grain of salt.

But the m+kb support was confirmed on the devs end.
Capcom made a FAQ post in the forums stating it was from the 360 port which was from the GameCube version.

In.  I've somehow always had this game as backlog and always intended to buy/play.  A while back I borrowed the Wii port since I heard it was well done, but never got around to it.  Looking forward to this.

This appears to be a high quality port. The new textures look nice and the fact that it supports high resolution monitors is nice. Can't wait to replay this amazing game. I played it on 360 when it came out there and it didn't feel as dated as I though it might (bought it on GCN at release and on Wii later as well).

Capcom made a FAQ post in the forums stating it was from the 360 port which was from the GameCube version.
Well, that's both good and bad I guess. The 360/PS3 versions had missing lighting and fog effects. Doesn't seem like this will be the definitive version to own unless they fix those issues.

I'm still not completely sure if the 360 used different sound than the PS3 version. PS3 sound was awful, which was based on the PS2's audio.

bread's done
Back