* * * * - 6 votes

Injustice: Gods Among Us Battle Edition - $39.99

#121 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

http://forums.shoryu...on-arcade-stick

This thread has some nice feedback, it doesn't look like the sanwa-JLF mount will fit in the injustice stick. Quoted from someone modding the stick

"Actually the mounting holes do not match, and you have to drill to widen those holes for a Sanwa, Seimitsu or Crown stick to fit. I compared the mount holes with both a flat JLF mount plate and several flat Seimitsu flat mount plates the SE, MS, RE and P-40. The VF and SS seimitsu plate will not mount.

I treat the Crown 303-FK as you would the JLF plate and widen holes for mounting. You would want longer screws with washers. See my LS-32 install guide for details.

I can't say if the mount height would be correct, as there little space inside. Do not quote me on this, but from what I can tell, you might be able to swap the Crown 303-FK's mount plate for the stock Qanba plate inside the Injustice stick.

Also if the joystick is not a Seimitsu LS-55, 56, 58, Sanwa JLF or the Qanba Clone you will have to engage in some case cutting of the bottom panel."

here is a nice picture of a mod from some memberUInJaYo.jpg

#122 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:08 AM

This thread has some nice feedback, it doesn't look like the sanwa-JLF mount will fit in the injustice stick. Quoted from someone modding the stick

Correct and that's what I was talking about originally about needing to put in some work to do things like that because you actually have to make alterations to the housing.  It's basically a JLF clone though so there are compatible parts between the two if you want to improve the feel without going to the lengths required to replace the whole stick.

#123 Cofresi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

"Actually the mounting holes do not match, and you have to drill to widen those holes for a Sanwa, Seimitsu or Crown stick to fit. I compared the mount holes with both a flat JLF mount plate and several flat Seimitsu flat mount plates the SE, MS, RE and P-40. The VF and SS seimitsu plate will not mount.

I treat the Crown 303-FK as you would the JLF plate and widen holes for mounting. You would want longer screws with washers. See my LS-32 install guide for details.

I can't say if the mount height would be correct, as there little space inside. Do not quote me on this, but from what I can tell, you might be able to swap the Crown 303-FK's mount plate for the stock Qanba plate inside the Injustice stick.

Also if the joystick is not a Seimitsu LS-55, 56, 58, Sanwa JLF or the Qanba Clone you will have to engage in some case cutting of the bottom panel."

I'm going to try this weekend or next week, to change the joystick to a Sanwa JFL, and the Sanwa button switches.

This one look interesting, Seimitsu LS-32-1 joystick and Dualmod:

http://forums.shoryu...ice-mod-worklog

#124 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1955 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

The box was ginormous. That's all I'm saying right now.

#125 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

FYI if anyone is still looking for this. The store locator was wrong for this and Aliens Colonial Marines.

My local store had both just hanging out on the shelf and online it said they didn't have either one.

Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe the gods smiled upon me today.

#126 Nucking Futs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   593 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Nucking Futs

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

Simple stuff like that's no big deal but if you want to say swap out the stick for the more popular Sanwa or Seimitsu you're going to be doing some involved modding to make it compatible.  It's a solid stick that falls below the TE level Madcatz sticks but above the smaller cheap sticks that most beginners start with.

I'm sure most people that would be buying this won't be going anywhere near that in depth anyway but it's worth mentioning.  Like I said I'm getting one of these just because I don't have a PS3 fightstick and it's a world better than anything else that I would consider reasonable.

Some more info on modding it:

That's the thread I created on SRK. For anyone interested in potentially modding it, read the entire first post as it should answer most (if not all) of the basic questions.

Yeah thanks for the video, I meant replacing the PCB part in case any directions go bad. Others confirmed that the stick is a Quanba according to SRK forums.

Yup, all of the components are manufactured by Qanba. Even the square gate says, "Qanba" on it.

As of right now, Gamestop's website is sold out so if you can find one locally then I recommend it mainly for the price. If all you want is a decent basic/beginner's stick (or for the casual gamer) then this will work. If you're expecting a top-tier arcade stick (bone stick) then this isn't it however, you can swap out basic parts (buttons, ball-tops & a Sanwa JLF) very easily although you'll be losing the individual LED's unless you're willing to drill a hole in each button.

#127 Slodaddy   Ninja Cyborg CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

Got mine, but they sent me a ps3 version.  I swear I ordered 360 version, but order confirmation and emails don't list version.  And now my order history shows ps3 version.  I wonder if they changed some orders since they have more ps3 in stock still?

Same effing thing happened to me!!  I returned it to Gamestop B&M thinking I'd just go home and order a 360 version when LO AND BEHOLD - OUT OF **#(@&#& STOCK ONLINE!!

#128 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3487 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

Ugh my bowels loosened a little. :x

#129 Tys2342  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

Received mine a few days ago. Have not noticed anything wrong so far (stick has been responsive). Also have not noticed any dead zones. Was able to sell the game for 23 so really happy about the stick so far ( and the price! ). Skullgirls/injustice has been pretty fun on it. I might try doing some modding on it this summer :)

#130 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1581 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

Lol waited to long I guess. 

#131 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:28 AM

Mine arrived (360 version) but the stick wouldn't work pushed to the left, and only sometimes worked pointing down. Huge disappointment. Took it back to a GS store for a refund. I guess at least I got to use the skin codes before figuring out that the stick was wonky. Bummer.

#132 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13735 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

It's cheaper on the psn

#133 todrigo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

It's cheaper on the psn

ORLY? How does the stick compare to the one at gamestop, my guess is that it is a little less responsive but it is super easy to mod.