South Park: The Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition - PlayStation 3 Collectors Edition

I ordered one the moment I caught it! I hope order doesn't get cancelled...this is actually just my first time ordering anything from Gohastings so I don't have any prior experience with them. Hopefully everything goes well! ^_^

Hoping this follows the traditional Ubisoft trend of being 20 dollars a week after release for the regular version....

Aaaannd...looks like it's gone. Mine already changed from "not yet shipped" to "preparing shipment". Hope it gets to me fast and more importantly safe! =)

Was available all day yesterday through Amazon for $80 new just so everyone knows.

Guess this is quickly going from not a good CE to collect to a half decent one. We shall see.
Keep in mind a lot of the interest is coming from overseas importers who got an inferior "censored" version.

For an extra $20, you get a ginormous Cartman figure and a coveted map of the layout of South Park. Seems like a fantastic CE for the price, personally. Unless you're going to wait long enough for the price of the regular version to fall to something like the $20 someone mentioned above, that is.

For an extra $20, you get a ginormous Cartman figure and a coveted map of the layout of South Park. Seems like a fantastic CE for the price, personally. Unless you're going to wait long enough for the price of the regular version to fall to something like the $20 someone mentioned above, that is.
I will say that I was surprised by just how big the Cartman was considering the price, usually it's a tiny little figure unless it's $100.

I didn't enjoy the last stage/section very much at all, the Mr Slave part, Just didn't sit right for me.
Jesus Chriiist!

I thought it was hilarious. I was disappointed Lemmiwinks was found inside a classroom at the school and not somewhere in the Mr. Slave stage.

The days of retailers carrying excessive amounts of stock of any CE outside of maybe a few AAA games is officially over.
Yeah, they really do not like those big expensive boxes that they can't move and can't sufficiently mark down taking up that valuable shelf space.

Back ordered but available to order through Amazon again.

Well put and I agree for the most part. I was just talking to my wife about this the other day. It could have been slightly more or less and I wouldn't have minded either way since it's basically fine exactly how it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you tell me approximately how long it took you to beat and how long it may take to 100% the game? I want to play it, but I will never pay $60 for a game that is 10 hours or less.
took me 12 hours to beat without doing any side quests.

Back ordered but available to order through Amazon again.
Thanks for the update, ordered one for the Xbox 360 :).

Also for the price of this game....it is a bit pricey, but the figure is huge and would look great on my entertainment center.

Plus im getting older and being so busy I hardly have time for games. It took me a few weeks to beat Strider on Hard with 100% of the collectables for the most achievements possible in one playthrough, so $60 for a fun and funny RPG from a franchise I have liked since I was a teen in jr. high that's over 12 hours long? That sounds good to me.

Edit: Aaaaaand it's gone for Xbox 360 lol as soon as I got my email receipt from amazon I took another look at the listing and amazon is out of them again. I might have gotten the last one. x_x

Just a heads up, this has been going in and out of stock on Amazon since last night. So for those wanting a copy, keep an eye out. Good luck! 

Could you tell me approximately how long it took you to beat and how long it may take to 100% the game? I want to play it, but I will never pay $60 for a game that is 10 hours or less.
I think my 100% save file was about 17 hours, and I pretty much went everywhere and talked to everyone. I didn't battle whenever possible because it gets tedious, so that's some extra time it could take.

15 hours. I have 42/50 achievements, 760/1000

I think my 100% save file was about 17 hours, and I pretty much went everywhere and talked to everyone. I didn't battle whenever possible because it gets tedious, so that's some extra time it could take.
15 hours. I have 42/50 achievements, 760/1000
Thank you simmias and Taylor. Will definitely wait for a big price drop. I just can't pay $60 for a game that will take me 7-10 days to finish and possibly never play again. I love me a good RPG and while I used to watch South Park years ago, I haven't followed it in many years, so I can't call myself a huge fan.

As much as I'd like to get one of these, I can't help but expect there to be a sale on them in three months for $40-50 when Best Buy finds a warehouse full of them or something. Ubisoft published games are notorious for having excess stock of CE's.

Thank you simmias and Taylor. Will definitely wait for a big price drop. I just can't pay $60 for a game that will take me 7-10 days to finish and possibly never play again. I love me a good RPG and while I used to watch South Park years ago, I haven't followed it in many years, so ISO ulema call myself a huge fan.
Why don't you buy and play it right away then you will get back most of the value right away if you trade/sell it back if you want to play it so badly.

Why don't you buy and play it right away then you will get back most of the value right away if you trade/sell it back if you want to play it so badly.
Eh, I don't buy anything to resell/trade, ever. I own every game I've ever purchased, going back 20 years. With that being said, I have a gargantuan PS3, vita, and 3DS backlog. I can wait for South Park to drop to $20 or less, no rush. In the past month I've been playing catch up, enjoying Enslaved, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, and Tomb Raider.

Grand Wizard edition?  I don't follow South Park but really?  Grand Wizard?  Someone please tell me "you gotta watch the show to understand."  Otherwise, what is this, 2014 or 1914? 

Grand Wizard edition? I don't follow South Park but really? Grand Wizard? Someone please tell me "you gotta watch the show to understand." Otherwise, what is this, 2014 or 1914?
You must really not follow South Park. Have you even read anything about this game....? I don't watch the show and I know how racist, sexist, every -ist out there this game is.

Grand Wizard edition? I don't follow South Park but really? Grand Wizard? Someone please tell me "you gotta watch the show to understand." Otherwise, what is this, 2014 or 1914?
Apparently it's 2014 because everyone gets wet panties over non-issues like this.

ummm it does have a time tracker but I had to play through twice. I think 15 hours on my first, probly 10 on my second. I did everything both times, but there are multi choices you have to take so 2 playthroughs is kinda needed. I didn't use a guide my first time anyway and only missed a few friends (yates/bishop) and only missed 1 item (knight's item in final base). I also had to beat game with hoff/grrl/aids, but that was a quickie. I'd say 25 hours for the plat, but I sure took my time and didn't use a guide. I really loved the game tho, played as thief and jew ;)

Southpark is really popular and is short so lots of trade ins. Game should start to decline in price in a few weeks. I will wait it out

bread's done
Back