* * * * - 10 votes

Bundle Stars Thread

PC Steam Bundle Stars

#4831 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7819 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:02 AM

Bundlestars got really screwy for me. I usually use Paypal but I tried to order something and it wouldn't let me choose my preferred Paypal payment. Says it's not available for this order. I tried Steam just to try and it works there. Something screwy there at Bundlestars.

#4832 Deques   CAG Noob Veteran CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:05 AM

Heads up! Indie Legends Bundle 6 is coming this Wednesday

#4833 soonerfreak  

soonerfreak

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

Bundlestars got really screwy for me. I usually use Paypal but I tried to order something and it wouldn't let me choose my preferred Paypal payment. Says it's not available for this order. I tried Steam just to try and it works there. Something screwy there at Bundlestars.

Got Rocket League off Bundlestars today with no issues using paypal.

#4834 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

Same for me.  Bought the Arkham Origins bundle and couldn't do Paypal CC.  It would only let me use debit even if I added a card.  I ended up just using a Virtual CC instead.

#4835 Baltore  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Meh. Good for those people who don't buy bundles regularly I guess.

https://www.bundlest...egends-6-bundle

#4836 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Yeah, if you skipped the second tier of that one Humble and skipped that one G2A bundle.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#4837 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7819 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

For me it would just be Unbox, Cluster Truck and Last Station...not sure if worth it, unless someone can convince me on those games. I missed that Humble Bundle, or I wouldn't even be thinking of this bundle.

#4838 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4337 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

For me it would just be Unbox, Cluster Truck and Last Station...not sure if worth it, unless someone can convince me on those games. I missed that Humble Bundle, or I wouldn't even be thinking of this bundle.

Yeah.  Those are what I'm looking at, too.  (Well, and one or two DLC for Vanguard Princess.)  Last Station is really tempting, but I'd guess it makes its way into more bundles soon.

#4839 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7447 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Unbox and Shadowrun for me. Can't really justify spending $3.50 for just two out the bunch.

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#4840 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

I've been wanting to play Unbox and I Am Bread, so I'll jump in for those alone and sell off any unwanted keys.  If I've never played a Shadowrun game, can I start with the game that's bundled here?

#4841 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7819 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

I think all 3 games are standalone....but i'll let someone else chime in on that.

#4842 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, they're all standalone. Dragonfall is my clear-cut favorite of the three games on Steam (Dragonfall > Hong Kong >> Returns; Boston Lockdown doesn't even exist IMO) so it's a fine place to start.

#4843 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for the responses.  I'm surprised how great of a bundle this is (and I only had Goat Sim in my library).

#4844 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22471 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

I've played Shadowrun Returns...and I thought that was great, actually.

I've had both Dragonfall & Hong Kong for a while - yeah, I guess I really should get around to playing those, eh? A lot of people prefer those two over SR Returns.

Damn backlogs...

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4845 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

Returns is a fine enough game, just that Dragonfall took the foundation of that game and improved upon it in a number of important areas. It's got better writing, better story, better character development, better pacing, and an overhauled UI in combat.  I think it would be tough to go back to Returns after playing through Dragonfall if only because of the small quality of life improvements that the sequel added.

Hong Kong isn't nearly the step up that Dragonfall was but they did re-work Matrix gameplay a bit. Story wasn't as good in HK but was fairly strong nonetheless.

If you liked Returns I think you'd love Dragonfall and HK. That series as a whole ended up being one of the best I've played in a long time.

#4846 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4816 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

I've played Shadowrun Returns...and I thought that was great, actually.

I've had both Dragonfall & Hong Kong for a while - yeah, I guess I really should get around to playing those, eh? A lot of people prefer those two over SR Returns.

Damn backlogs...

Returns was my first and it was great!  Dragon Fall was taking such greatness to a new height.  You should try them out.  

#4847 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7819 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

BTW this deals with Bundlestars but not a deal. Actually messaged their support to see what the heck was up with Paypal not allowing me to use my usual pay choice. I even dropped and re-added said choice, but it doesn't work there. According to them when any buyer (e.g. you) checks out, a security check is done on the PayPal account and the payment and our security system determines what funding sources are available for use for the transaction.  In most cases, the buyer will have the use of all available funding sources but sometimes it may restrict certain ones based on a combination of factors. So I guess my usual source isn't good enough...just will equal a lot less Bundlestars purchases when I have to use my CC or something.

#4848 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

The Mumbo Jumbo dollar bundle is available again:

https://www.bundlest...ar-jumbo-bundle

My Steam account was missing 5 so I grabbed it.

#4849 shouamabane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

shouamabane

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

What's the best game in this bundle?

#4850 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

Each and every one of these fine pieces of software should be considered the absolute pinnacle of digital art. It would be utter folly to try and single out just one to rise above the rest.

#4851 indef  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

Pickers

#4852 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5573 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:45 PM

It depends on what kind of casual games you like.

Like Indef, I liked Pickers a lot.

If you're more into action, I thought Luxor Evolved was very good. Glowfish is pretty decent as is Luxor Mahjong and any of the Seven Wonders games.

It's really overkill on Luxor and Seven Wonders, but they're all pretty well-made casual games, and a dollar is an incredible price.

#4853 jimbofluffy   Dr. Ugly Pants CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

jimbofluffy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

My Steam account was missing 5 so I grabbed it.

Good, because my lazy self missed it.

5490.png

#4854 shouamabane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

shouamabane

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Thanks, guys. I just built a new PC and the sheer number of Steam games available is daunting.

#4855 smackattack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

Thanks, guys. I just built a new PC and the sheer number of Steam games available is daunting.

your first purchase should be Bad Rats

#4856 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Really going to need more to give you some help...  What sort of games do you like?

#4857 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22471 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

24 Hour Star Deal:

Mad Max [Steam key] = 81% off at $3.89

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4858 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

24 Hour Star Deal:

Mad Max [Steam key] = 81% off at $3.89

Good deal for a solid game if you like the Assassin's Creed/Far Cry style of 'open world' games.  Mad Max feels a bit generic but is overall fun to play for ten or so hours.

#4859 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22471 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Good deal for a solid game if you like the Assassin's Creed/Far Cry style of 'open world' games. 

Mad Max feels a bit generic but is overall fun to play for ten or so hours.

Agreed @ the underlined and bolded stuff.

I really liked the mix of Batman Arkham style of combat (even though that is kind of beat-to-death by now) and especially the vehicular combat.

Plus, that Mad Max game runs like a dream on both my 4GB 960m laptop and my desktop PC with GTX 970. It just both runs & looks great.

#4860 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13299 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Agreed  @  the  underlined  and  bolded  stuff.

I really liked the mix of Batman Arkham style of combat (even though that is kind of beat-to-death by now) and especially the vehicular combat.

Plus, that Mad Max game runs like a dream on both my 4GB 960m laptop and my desktop PC with GTX 970. It just both runs & looks great.

Agreed @ the underlined, bolded, red text that I converted into fullwidth font for additional emphasis.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Bundle Stars