* * * * - 11 votes

Fanatical Thread

PC Steam Bundle Stars

#5251 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11215 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

I'm a little tempted by Chaos Reborn, but I saw 1 review mention that there's not much to the singleplayer and you need to play multiplayer to really enjoy it.

Eh, it' in the dollar tier. If the single player is even an hour or two long it'd be worth that. 
I'll wait until the other two games are revealed before deciding on this one, but before this goes away I'll be grabbing at least the dollar tier. 

Since I already own half the revealed games in the second tier (and Mafia 3), anything else being worthwhile really hinges on whatever those two games are. 

#5252 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24463 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

It's not bad.  But I own most of it that I would want and only have marginal interest in Epistory and Chaos Reborn.  I don't expect the unlocks to be anything great.

If anyone is on the fence for Mafia 3 I would steer them away from it.  I got bored after a few hours.  I might pick it up later but, imo, the Mafia series has always been the weakest of the GTA clones as far as gameplay.

If anyone is looking for Mafia 3, they probably should also make sure to either go Deluxe from the get-go and/or make sure at some point they get the Season Pass dirt-cheap.

M3 Season Pass has been $4 on Fanatical before - https://isthereanyde...easonpass/info/

The presentation; and both story & character development is excellent in M3, IMHO.

The game can be repetitive...and the Season Pass really helps mix things up w/ different mission types - i.e. Faster Baby DLC has vehicular combat missions; those are a blast.

#5253 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

Here you go, suckers.

EDIT: People in reddit have been getting two copies of the same game in the 10 game bundle.  Yikes.

#5254 UberZerstorer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

UberZerstorer

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

Has anyone pulled the trigger on those yet?

#5255 Smkane112  

Smkane112

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

Mystery Bundle i got

Scrap Garden

Layers of Fear

Funk of Titans

The Coma Recut

The Age of Decadence

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition

Slain Back from Hell

Figment

Alien Spidy

#5256 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4621 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

tenor.gif?itemid=12348532

#5257 caldazar   RiderOnAPaleHorse CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

wow that looks like a boatload of crap ... I already have AoD, and the only other game that is vaguely interesting is COD MW3. Almost as disappointing as the Colossal bundle :|

#5258 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

Nothing says "Bundle event of the year" quite like a predatory mystery collection of fodder.

#5259 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:36 PM

Joggernaughts

Dollar Dash

Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved

Slain Back From Hell

Metal Slug X

Homeworld Remastered Collection

PixelJunk Monsters  Ultimate

InnerSpace

Ara Fell

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION

#5260 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:40 PM

I'm honestly amazed that anyone still believes the Fanatical hype when their bundle events roll around.

#5261 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9165 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

I'm waiting for the Killer Bundle myself...usually is shown near the end, if there is one this time. The rest of the stuff I rarely if ever buy. I hate mystery keys and wont touch that with a 10 foot pole.

#5262 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4466 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

I'm honestly amazed that anyone still believes the Fanatical hype when their bundle events roll around.

PAGING BOSSKEY_FOX.... BOSSKEY_FOX PLEASE BUY THE FANATICAL MYSTERY BUNDLE....

#5263 UberZerstorer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

UberZerstorer

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

I was thinking that MW3 wan't too bad for the price, but...

https://www.cdkeys.c...rn-warfare-3-pc

#5264 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8390 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

I was thinking that MW3 wan't too bad for the price, but...

https://www.cdkeys.c...rn-warfare-3-pc

Was cheaper during Black Friday as well. I got mine for $4.59 pre-discount.

#5265 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

Mystery bundles are just the game store equivalent of loot boxes but with even less of a gambling high.

#5266 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10566 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

I mean... Humble just rolled out some fantasy game dev bundle... so... yeah...

#5267 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

Not sure if Fanatical ever telegraphed from the start that they'd have limited keys for some of the games in the Colossus Bundle, but Tier 3 (Mafia 3, Civ BE) was dropped entirely this morning and the mystery games in Tier 2 (Ash of Gods, Invisigun Heroes) have been revealed.

#5268 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2978 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

Bundle Fest, YEAH!

qUHcGvM.gif

#5269 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8390 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

Not sure if Fanatical ever telegraphed from the start that they'd have limited keys for some of the games in the Colossus Bundle, but Tier 3 (Mafia 3, Civ BE) was dropped entirely this morning and the mystery games in Tier 2 (Ash of Gods, Invisigun Heroes) have been revealed.

That's obnoxious.

#5270 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8584 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

That sucks for people that were looking at T3.

Luckily I wasn't really interested in T3 and with the addition of Ash of Gods, I might end up getting it... if more games aren't removed before I get around to it that is.

EDIT:

At least it was the whole tier that got removed, and it wasn't like Humble when they have limited games in their big $30 bundles.  Where a game or two get removed but the price doesn't change so all you get is less games if you bought it later.

#5271 spoderman  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

The new Lego Pick n Mix bundle is pretty good. I was missing Ninjago, Lego Worlds, and Lego City Undercover. Might wanna check your emails to see if you got a 20% off coupon for subbing. I had one on my alt account, so I grabbed that and the Colossus bundle. Sucks that the tier was removed, but I guess it's not a big loss.

Oh and if you don't have a 20% off coupon and want to buy both of those bundles anyway, make sure you buy the Colossus one first because you currently get a 10% off coupon for making a purchase but it has a $5 minimum. You can buy Colossus and use the coupon you receive on the Lego bundle.

#5272 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11215 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:12 AM

The new Lego Pick n Mix bundle is pretty good. I was missing Ninjago, Lego Worlds, and Lego City Undercover. Might wanna check your emails to see if you got a 20% off coupon for subbing. I had one on my alt account, so I grabbed that and the Colossus bundle. Sucks that the tier was removed, but I guess it's not a big loss.

Oh and if you don't have a 20% off coupon and want to buy both of those bundles anyway, make sure you buy the Colossus one first because you currently get a 10% off coupon for making a purchase but it has a $5 minimum. You can buy Colossus and use the coupon you receive on the Lego bundle.

Yeah, this one added several that weren't in the previous Lego ones- I grabbed Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, it's Season Pass and Lego City Undercover. 

Now to wait another year for them to add Lego Incredibles, Lego DC Supervillians and Lego Movie 2. 

#5273 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10566 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:14 AM

Thursday's bundle will be awesome, just you all wait!

#5274 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4621 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:24 AM

Give it a few months and they'll run these 3 for $9.99. You wait and see.

#5275 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4809 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:44 AM

Give it a few months and they'll run these 3 for $9.99. You wait and see.

Looking at isthereanydeal, it seems they did run at 3 for $9.99 in 2016 and 2017, but 3 for $11.99 in 2018 and now this one. It also looks like they've only run a pick and mix with the Lego games about once per year.

#5276 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4271 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:39 AM

Grabbed the LEGO bundle - wanted to get LEGO City on PC anyway, and for $12, I got that, LEGO Marvel Superheroes, and Force Awakens. Not a bad deal at all.

#5277 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8390 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:15 AM

Did anyone pick LEGO Worlds?
If so, is there the slightest chance it came with the soundtrack/Early Access DLC when redeemed on Steam?

#5278 spoderman  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

Did anyone pick LEGO Worlds?
If so, is there the slightest chance it came with the soundtrack/Early Access DLC when redeemed on Steam?

It comes with both

#5279 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8390 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

It comes with both

Thanks. Bought it and you were 100% right. Guess they're sitting on a ton of these.

#5280 caldazar   RiderOnAPaleHorse CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:29 PM

I snagged the 2 lego titles I didn't already have (TFO, Season Pass, and Ninjago Movie). I also bit on the Mystery bundle. It was mostly shite, as suspected. But buying the mystery bundle netted me a 10% off coupon, which I turned around to use on the Lego bundle, which netted me another 10% coupon, which I might end up using again later this week, if they come out with a decent bundle....