* * * * - 11 votes

Fanatical Thread

PC Steam Bundle Stars

#6091 Captain Wrong   Dirty Commie CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 26 July 2022 - 05:36 PM

Ummmm... Is it bad that I’ve never heard of this game or the person in question?

I envy you.

#6092 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3928 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2022 - 05:52 PM

Ummmm... Is it bad that I’ve never heard of this game or the person in question?

Well I can somewhat understand people glossing over the events because it was one point in a long string of riot-related news.  But as you can already see in this thread it's something that became fiercely political.  Personally, I read about it but then just found myself agreeing with neither "side" that was trying to point fingers and spin things for self-benefit.

I don't even know anything about the game.  I'll just say that when people tragically die, I'm not interested in buying a game that tries to channel such events into an entertainment commodity.  1-2 years later, mind you - not talking WWII games here.

#6093 elessar123  

Posted 26 July 2022 - 07:17 PM

I've never heard of the game, but I've definitely heard of the person. Did you not read the news for like years?

#6094 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9439 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2022 - 07:45 PM

To be fair... Fanatical is a Euro company...

#6095 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 26 July 2022 - 08:05 PM

I look forward to them playing the "We were unaware" card even though it would require living under a rock for the last two years to not realize what this game it about.

EDIT: Already pulled, incoming "apology" on the way.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

#6096 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6275 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2022 - 08:14 PM

Well I can somewhat understand people glossing over the events because it was one point in a long string of riot-related news.  But as you can already see in this thread it's something that became fiercely political.  Personally, I read about it but then just found myself agreeing with neither "side" that was trying to point fingers and spin things for self-benefit.

I don't even know anything about the game.  I'll just say that when people tragically die, I'm not interested in buying a game that tries to channel such events into an entertainment commodity.  1-2 years later, mind you - not talking WWII games here.

Seems like a fair take. As for the rioting... I'm afraid I stopped paying attention to the news concerning that pretty quickly. I have a weak stomach for politicized news, since politicizing typically seems to mean little more than vilifying anybody who doesn't agree with some heavily promoted, and often heavily oversimplified, point of view.

I've never heard of the game, but I've definitely heard of the person. Did you not read the news for like years?

As I mentioned above, kinda. Large chunks of it, anyway. I will say there's a decent chance I'd heard about him when the news was fresh and just didn't keep up with it afterwards, and so forgot. I also was barely keeping up with any US news at all during 2018 or 2020, since I spent most of both of those years out of the country.

#6097 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11490 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2022 - 11:04 PM

Don't read the news.  Too depressing.  All you need to do is monitor the images from the Webb telescope which show there are about 200 billion galaxies in the known universe each containing about two hundred billion star systems.  All of this stuff happening on Earth is so insignificant in the grand cosmic scheme of things so your best bet is to play games and have fun.

Imagine millions of light years away the probability is very high that there is an entirely other sentient species discussing their form of video game deals as I type this out.

#6098 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9439 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2022 - 01:20 AM

Imagine millions of light years away the probability is very high that there is an entirely other sentient species discussing their form of video game deals as I type this out.

I'd prefer to think they're talking about pizza... and I guess +1s.

#6099 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 27 July 2022 - 02:35 AM

Imagine millions of light years away the probability is very high that there is an entirely other sentient species discussing your mom.

Ftfy

#6100 Kyle1022  

Posted 27 July 2022 - 03:28 AM

Fanatical apologized and took the game out of the bundle. They are also based overseas so most/all of them probably don't even know the story or who that person even is. You guys should chill lol, the world doesn't revolve around the USA's business

#6101 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7474 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 27 July 2022 - 05:43 AM

Apparently you and me both rent from patrick star. 

#6102 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27747 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2022 - 04:40 PM

Build Your Own Triple Pack.

Pricing:

- 3 games for $2.99

Steam Games to Choose from:

- Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw

- Wayward Souls

- Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

- Aragami

- FAR: Lone Sails

- Slain: Back from Hell

- Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun

- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead

- Mindustry

#6103 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27747 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2022 - 04:45 PM

Star Deal.

Warhammer: Chaosbane - Slayer Edition - Steam = $5.79

This includes:

- Warhammer: Chaosbane base-game

- The Tomb Kings expansion.

- All existing content.

- And the new Witch Hunter class!

#6104 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2022 - 04:50 PM

Two great deals; that first bundle would have been a nice grab if I didn't have seven of the nine titles...

#6105 username123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

username123

Posted 27 July 2022 - 05:16 PM

When there's a game in a bundle I don't like, I just don't play it. I don't get "offended" by it. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt they didn't know, but they had to pretend to be sorry because otherwise you have to listen to people whine on Reddit. I'm sure they'd just as soon not get involved in taking a political stance because including the game and then removing it both alienated some people.

#6106 BMN90   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2022 - 05:32 PM

Killer Bundle 23

Now with actual killers.

Yep, you too can now give money to the Kyle Rittenhouse game "Acquitted."

Fuck you, Fanatical. And Nomad Survival is worth $3 alone.

What's wrong with that?

Real fine line we walk these days where we think being against fascists is pearl clutching.  If you live in the USA, you may yet soon see a day where you had wished to clutch a few more.

Kowtowing to this bullpoopie really needs to stop.

Real stretch to claim a boring meme game supports Fascism, but you do you.  

#6107 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2022 - 10:34 PM

Look, its someone with only 57 posts and last posted about 5 months ago with a real hot take.  I wonder what they could be after?

Remember, kids, don't feed the trolls.

#6108 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3928 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2022 - 03:45 PM

Build Your Own Triple Pack.

Pricing:

- 3 games for $2.99

Steam Games to Choose from:

- Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw

- Wayward Souls

- Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

- Aragami

- FAR: Lone Sails

- Slain: Back from Hell

- Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun

- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead

- Mindustry

The promo fanatical18 currently applied to this, even though terms specify full priced game. $2.45

#6109 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27747 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2022 - 09:15 PM

The promo fanatical18 currently applied to this, even though terms specify full priced game. $2.45

Awesome. That got me over the hump here to buy this now.

Have most of this already (TWD: Bridge was actually on Epic as a freebie; bought RG: Outlaw a while ago from Epic) - but was missing FAR, Morbid, and Wayward Souls. So, I grabbed those 3.

#6110 spoderman  

Posted 29 July 2022 - 11:43 PM

The promo fanatical18 currently applied to this, even though terms specify full priced game. $2.45

Thanks, it applies to a few other bundles as well so I bought the ones I was hesitating on. I doubt it's intended to work on anything other than full priced games, so if there's anything you want I'd grab it now

#6111 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3928 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2022 - 12:20 AM

Thanks, it applies to a few other bundles as well so I bought the ones I was hesitating on. I doubt it's intended to work on anything other than full priced games, so if there's anything you want I'd grab it now

on which other bundles did you see it operative? i only checked a few with no success

#6112 spoderman  

Posted 30 July 2022 - 02:10 AM

on which other bundles did you see it operative? i only checked a few with no success

The showcase and favorites ones. Probably only works on the expensive build a bundles

#6113 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27747 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2022 - 06:37 PM

Star Deal.

Metro Exodus: Gold Edition. -> Steam key = 73% off @ $10.79

(Price before any vouchers/coupons)

Metro Exodus: Gold Edition here includes for content:

- Metro Exodus [base-game]

- Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels DLC.

- Metro Exodus: Sam's Story DLC

EXTRA NOTE:

- You will receive both the Original (RT On or Off) and Enhanced Editions (RT-only) of Metro Exodus: Gold w/ this purchase/key activation.

#6114 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3928 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 02:36 PM

There's an apparently limited $1 off $5+ coupon for the sale starting 8/8
https://www.fanatica...le-bonus-coupon

Requires subscription to their newsletter and linking a steam account.

#6115 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27747 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:25 PM

Platinum Build Your Own Bundle for August 2022:

https://www.fanatica...your-own-bundle

Pricing:

- Pick 3 for $9.99

- 5 for $14.99

- 7 for $19.99

Some stuff to pick from:

-- The Evil Within 1

-- Agents of Mayhem

-- Relicta

-- Frostpunk

-- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice

-- Moonlighter

-- And more!

#6116 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6275 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:29 PM

Looks like they’re already out of keys for And More. I’ve never heard of that one, is it any good?

#6117 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 08 August 2022 - 03:07 PM

I love how fanatical keeps relaunching these batman, jackbox, rimworld, stalker bundles.