* * * * * 2 votes

CAGcast #359: Prepare for Wingfall

#61 LimpDaddy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hey Wombat, can you give a link to the hotel you stayed at in Jamaica?  

#62 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7576 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

No one cares about Infamous, Ryse looks better than Infamous, Ryse is a great game...

Shipwreck is hilarious. And so predictable.

As predictable as your comments.

#63 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

When you talk out your ass like you did about Ground Zeroes this week and Sony exclusives a month ago you can safely predict there will be more people than just me who notice and comment on it.

#64 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

When you talk out your ass like you did about Ground Zeroes this week and Sony exclusives a month ago you can safely predict there will be more people than just me who notice and comment on it.

Any misinformation regarding Ground Zeroes falls solely on Konami for not getting the message out there strong enough that the game isn't just a 30 dollar demo.

#65 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7576 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

I've never talked out of my ass about Sony exclusives. I've given my opinion on them several times though.

#66 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

I've never talked out of my ass about Sony exclusives. I've given my opinion on them several times though.

You did talk out of your ass in the dentist's office though.

#67 budz   I like bananas CAGiversary!   617 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

I admit : project morpheus is the main reason I just bought a Playstation camera (regular price).

What flavor kool-aid am I drinking? :-)

#68 Emiroo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

Cheapy's Jamaican guy accent always makes me laugh and then diarrhea story FTW! Love that CAGCast! Do not hesitate to pull the trigger on a vasectomy. It hurts way less than getting accidentally hit in the balls and I'm sure I don't have to tell you about the benefits. My insurance even covered the whole thing. I tell everybody it's the best $25 co-pay I ever spent!

#69 ebok007   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

I haven't played Titanfall yet, but the way Wombat described his experience is why I am not seeking it out and probably how I would end up playing the game myself. If you make a giant map, why NOT throw some Easter eggs in there? Or more variety of game types? Just because this is a triple-A title doesn't mean it has to be so serious and limited. I miss more creative and ridiculous multiplayer games like Conker and Timesplitters, right now it just feels like we are stuck playing games themed around the wet dreams of Tom Clancy (RIP).

#70 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7576 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

I haven't played Titanfall yet, but the way Wombat described his experience is why I am not seeking it out and probably how I would end up playing the game myself. If you make a giant map, why NOT throw some Easter eggs in there? Or more variety of game types? Just because this is a triple-A title doesn't mean it has to be so serious and limited. I miss more creative and ridiculous multiplayer games like Conker and Timesplitters, right now it just feels like we are stuck playing games themed around the wet dreams of Tom Clancy (RIP).

You should check out Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare if you haven't already.

#71 FoxHoundADAM   Super Zissou Bros. CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FoxHoundADAM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

I picked up a Titanfall bundle thanks for the recent "sale".  I can see why Shipwreck only sees himself playing this for a few weeks.  It's fun but stil kind of an amped up Call of Duty.  Honestly I expected it to look a little better as well.  Still looks good but not as good as say Ryse or the new Imfamous. 

#72 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

You did  when you claimed that every Sony exclusive lacks a strong name brand.  This is false because Sony has several exclusive franchises that sell millions of copies with each mainline entry.

Now apart from Uncharted I haven't played any of those series main games on the PS3, but I'm not arrogant enough to think my tastes are reflective of the worldwide console gaming market. Little Big Planet may have had its day, but the next Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo and Last of Us games on the PS4 are going to be huge.  Because they are huge brands.

#73 jinboy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

I picked up a Titanfall bundle thanks for the recent "sale".  I can see why Shipwreck only sees himself playing this for a few weeks.  It's fun but stil kind of an amped up Call of Duty.  Honestly I expected it to look a little better as well.  Still looks good but not as good as say Ryse or the new Imfamous. 

its a thing that just going to happen when make an effort to target 60fps both infamous and ryse are 30fps. Dave Lang actually spoke about how difficult it is to go from 30fps to 60fps on the recent bombcast. I think titanfall's art design really outclasses other shooters that i find it more visually appealing than bf4.

@CHEAPYD the issue that you're having with the black screen this is a long shot but you can try turning off display auto-detection and set it to HDMI. 

http://support.xbox....while-connected

#74 metallicoholic   Metal 'Til I'm 60 CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

metallicoholic

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:52 AM

The idea of Wal-Mart accepting used games makes me scared for anyone that tries that. I usually can't find a person in the electronics section to open up a game case for me, so finding someone and then having them know what they're doing with game trade-ins seems like a longshot. Unless Wal-Mart plans to have an automated machine accepting these trade-ins, I say best of luck to anyone that ventures in there with a bag full of used games.

#75 Backlash   www.thecoverproject.net CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

If you're totally sure you don't want any more kids, look into Essure: http://www.essure.com/.  My wife got this and it is awesome (we have two kids and that is enough for us!).  No surgery, takes about 10 minutes at the doctor office, and you go home an hour later.  No more condoms and no more kids.  And no risky surgery.  Way more effective than a vasectomy, which sometimes leads to surprises.

#76 FoxHoundADAM   Super Zissou Bros. CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FoxHoundADAM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

its a thing that just going to happen when make an effort to target 60fps both infamous and ryse are 30fps. Dave Lang actually spoke about how difficult it is to go from 30fps to 60fps on the recent bombcast. I think titanfall's art design really outclasses other shooters that i find it more visually appealing than bf4.

@CHEAPYD the issue that you're having with the black screen this is a long shot but you can try turning off display auto-detection and set it to HDMI. 

http://support.xbox....while-connected

Don't get me wrong I think it looks good but personally I'm not someone who really cares if it's 30 fps of 60 pfs, so long as there isn't significant slowdown either waty at any given point.  Also I think BF4 looks better than Titanfall pesonally. 

#77 blueArcana   Too fast for freedom CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Best part about this post, Wombat liked it.

I think the question now is if we should send them to him seperately or all in one giant box of plugs. :-k

#78 pureflux   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

pureflux

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

Gentlemen,
As usual, an outstanding show. I would like to address the hate of The Metal Gear. I completely agree with Cheapy and Shipwreck, a demo was released to prey on the wallet of fans. This is unacceptable. Even if the demo might be fun, the fact is Konami is selling a piece of a game. Yet more disturbing, people are buying and defending the practice. If naive gamers continue the buy pieces of a game for top dollar, we are going to witness the rise of substandard games as a new norm.

#79 ebok007   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

You should check out Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare if you haven't already.

I haven't yet, but it's on the list! Of course that fits the bill, didn't even think about it.