Wii U 32GB Black Deluxe Set w/ Super Mario U & Super Luigi U $250 at eBay

You mean the $99 pricing error that all of 3 people here got in on?
Yes...that one. That's the one he is referring to. The $99 Wii U that was sold by Sears Roebuck and Company. You are absolutely correct in your assumption that he is referring to that particular deal.

I'm pretty tempted, don't see the Wii U going much lower than this (and tax-free), probably the only thing to top this would be a better bundle with something like Mario Kart or Smash Bros.  packed in or another special edition console ala the Zelda one. Will probably still wait to see how their E3 showing is..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty tempted, don't see the Wii U going much lower than this (and tax-free), probably the only thing to top this would be a better bundle with something like Mario Kart or Smash Bros. packed in or another special edition console ala the Zelda one. Will probably still wait to see how their E3 showing is..
well there is rumor of a mario kart 8 32gb bundle but as of yet nintendo won't confirm nor deny it at this point. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-kart-8-wii-u-bundle-spotted-online/1100-6419048/

Nintendo is clearing space for their Smash Bros. & Mario Kart 8 super awesome limited double pack edition Wii U.

Did you blow a load on that, internet?

I went in on this, the bundle on a deluxe version and no tax or S&H can't beat it. just wish they had better 3rd party support but I'll enjoy my Mario Machine for the time being lol.

I don't really understand the 3rd party Nintendo argument. I won't buy a WiiU to play AC, CoD, BioShock, etc. or any of those. All my Nintendo products are mainly only for 1st / 2nd party games. Heck, my 3DS doesn't have a single 3rd party game on it. Nor does my brothers WiiU.

I don't really understand the 3rd party Nintendo argument. I won't buy a WiiU to play AC, CoD, BioShock, etc. or any of those. All my Nintendo products are mainly only for 1st / 2nd party games. Heck, my 3DS doesn't have a single 3rd party game on it. Nor does my brothers WiiU.
agree I got all three the new systems but the wii u I buy only 1st party games unless of course the game free or almost free then I double dip sometime. The first party games the only reason I bought a wii u to begin with considering if I want third party that what the Xbox and playstation for

I'm with you on that. I bought a 3DS at launch and haven't played much outside the nintendo universe except RE: Revelations as it was an exclusive when it originally launched.

However with that mindset you can't blame people for only buying nintendo consoles at the end of their shelf life (instead of paying $349 at launch or even $299 now) to quickly play through the 10-20 must have Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. games---and if everyone did that it would hurt Nintendo as a company.

well I own a 3DS XL and my favorite game on it was a 3rd party game, Bravely Default, and with the Wii U one of the games I'm mostly looking forward to is X which is made by a 3rd party dev. Monolith Soft, so while Nintendo owners do enjoy some of the best 1st party games, having good 3rd party games is also a must imo.

I'm talking about original games developed with the system in mind, not just another Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed port.

I'm with you on that. I bought a 3DS at launch and haven't played much outside the nintendo universe except RE: Revelations as it was an exclusive when it originally launched.

However with that mindset you can't blame people for only buying nintendo consoles at the end of their shelf life (instead of paying $349 at launch or even $299 now) to quickly play through the 10-20 must have Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. games---and if everyone did that it would hurt Nintendo as a company.
I guess it would but seeing as Nintendo is ridding on these 1st and 2nd party games and not 3rd party games than I can't really agree with that.

Let's go down the list of most sold games on the Wii, WiiU and 3DS.

WiiU: Only 3rd party game in the top ten sold games is Lego City Undercover.

Wii: Just Dance 3 is the only game in the top ten sold.

3DS: Only 1st party games in top ten sold.

Credit to VGChartz

The only other games that actually sell for these consoles are Just Dance, LEGO, Disney Infinity, Skylanders and other random games like The Sims, Rayman and Angry Birds. But that is apart of their market so it's something.

well I own a 3DS XL and my favorite game on it was a 3rd party game, Bravely Default, and with the Wii U one of the games I'm mostly looking forward to is X which is made by a 3rd party dev. Monolith Soft, so while Nintendo owners do enjoy some of the best 1st party games, having good 3rd party games is also a must imo.

I'm talking about original games developed with the system in mind, not just another Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed port.
Bravely Default and X is a 2nd party game as it's a company that isn't Nintendo making a game exclusive to that platform.

Well hmm, my understanding of the party system maybe off but lets say they need more 2nd party games if that's the case lol.

So would it be worth getting this or wait for e3 to see if there is a price drop?

30 dollar game + 60 dollar game it would be like paying 160 for the console? Do you think nintendo will announce a mario kart or smash bros bundle for US?

X is a 1st party game since Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. Bravely Default is 3rd party. Nintendo published it outside of Japan...

So would it be worth getting this or wait for e3 to see if there is a price drop?

30 dollar game + 60 dollar game it would be like paying 160 for the console? Do you think nintendo will announce a mario kart or smash bros bundle for US?
Missed out on the $99 Wii-U Sears deal so I'm going to wait until e3/black Friday before I jump on a deal.

Nintendo would be fools not to release a SSB WiiU, if not an outright LE WiiU with a SSB theme. They need to be doing everything under the sun to push this system, and I don't think anybody would deny SSB will be the system's biggest release to date (it's certainly the only WiiU title I am excited for :whistle2:? ) I'm not sure they will though, I can't think of a single non-Zelda/Mario themed console from Nintendo since the Pikachu N64. On the other hand I'm waiting for them to reveal a sweet 3DS XL with Mario/Link/Pikachu/DK slugging it out lol.

I'm not sure I see a Mario Kart bundle in the cards though, at least not right away. Besides the fact that we would've almost certainly heard of it by now, I don't think Mario Kart 8 is going to blow anyone away the way that the DS/Wii/7 did (based on what I played) but I guess we will see. The anti-grav stuff was surprisingly underwhelming and the tracks that I played felt extremely uninspired, and the guy I was with described the game to me as "Mario Kart 7 without the sweet 3D". I'm really hoping they've made some improvements or went all out on the other tracks since then.

Last edited:
Nintendo would be fools not to release a SSB WiiU, if not an outright LE WiiU with a SSB theme. They need to be doing everything under the sun to push this system, and I don't think anybody would deny SSB will be the system's biggest release to date (it's certainly the only WiiU title I am excited for :whistle2:? ) I'm not sure they will though, I can't think of a single non-Zelda/Mario themed console from Nintendo since the Pikachu N64. On the other hand I'm waiting for them to reveal a sweet 3DS XL with Mario/Link/Pikachu/DK slugging it out lol.

I'm not sure I see a Mario Kart bundle in the cards though, at least not right away. Besides the fact that we would've almost certainly heard of it by now, I don't think Mario Kart 8 is going to blow anyone away the way that the DS/Wii/7 did (based on what I played) but I guess we will see. The anti-grav stuff was surprisingly underwhelming and the tracks that I played felt extremely uninspired, and the guy I was with described the game to me as "Mario Kart 7 without the sweet 3D". I'm really hoping they've made some improvements or went all out on the other tracks since then.
Thanks for the reply, I will wait I just am really looking forward to mario kart and smash bros, im sure there will be more deals since this is the second time in past couple weeks with this deal

bread's done
Back