PS vita Injustice digital download $14 @ amazon

The vitas life cycle is pretty much over, hardly any AAA titles in development, wait for it to be $5
In the US it is not doing well, but the new slim model with Borderlands 2 is on the way, no? And it just beat 3DS in sales again on the numbers release a couple of weeks ago in EDIT: in Japan. That's been generating buzz alongside some PS4 Remote Play and Vita TV interest. I think it will last shorter than hoped, but it doesn't need life support just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the US it is not doing well, but the new slim model with Borderlands 2 is on the way, no? And it just beat 3DS in sales again on the numbers release a couple of weeks ago. That's been generating buzz alongside some PS4 Remote Play and Vita TV interest. I think it will last shorter than hoped, but it doesn't need life support just yet.
those things are gimmicks , just don't see many people buying it for remote play

The vitas life cycle is pretty much over, hardly any AAA titles in development, wait for it to be $5
Heh I'm waiting for it to be free on Plus.

It's a shame because Vita had lots of potential, I just don't know why Sony doesn't give it much attention.

Bought a Vita a few months ago, and I love it. I knew exactly what I was getting into (mostly indie games and niche Japanese stuff) and that's exactly what I was looking for.

On topic though, if you have PS Plus, Injustice is cheaper on PSN (just $12.59, no tax). That's where I'll be buying it

The Vita fan base may be small, but it sure is potent. I saw an article on IGN about the Guacamelee! developer's appreciation for the group. I love the Vita, there's actually a pretty decent amount of good games for it and I'd wager that the title quality ratio is exceptionally high for the platform versus others.

EDIT: Found the article for those interested in the read: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/14/indie-dev-vita-owners-are-serious-purchasers-of-games

The textures are terrible on this. So Dissapointed.
Injustice-Ultimate-Vita-Screenshot-03.jpg

Is... is this really what it looks like? Quick Google search gave me that.

Those models don't even look PS2-quality.

those things are gimmicks , just don't see many people buying it for remote play
Do you have a vita? Because pretty much anyone who owns one agrees they're awesome. Even my friend who never plays handhelds loves his. The library is disappointing but had it had a lot of support it'd be superior to the 3DS. I love my 3DS and its library but the vita is an incredible piece of hardware.

Not to derail the thread any further but the Vita is an excellent piece of hardware that is just under supported. The price point is fine, the specs are fine, the games are fine---there just aren't enough of them.

But at LEAST Sony isn't forcing it down consumers throats by making it mandatory with the PS4 like Nintendo is doing with the tablet gamepad and MS is doing with the kinect sensor.

In the US it is not doing well, but the new slim model with Borderlands 2 is on the way, no? And it just beat 3DS in sales again on the numbers release a couple of weeks ago. That's been generating buzz alongside some PS4 Remote Play and Vita TV interest. I think it will last shorter than hoped, but it doesn't need life support just yet.
0_o what numbers are you looking at ? Vita sold like 10k compared to 3DS selling 159k

I own a vita but I know its struggling and taking L's left and right

at least I can now play crash 1-3

decent deal though but I'll hold out for the PS4 version since I need PS4 games bad

0_o what numbers are you looking at ? Vita sold like 10k compared to 3DS selling 159k

I own a vita but I know its struggling and taking L's left and right

at least I can now play crash 1-3

decent deal though but I'll hold out for the PS4 version since I need PS4 games bad
Excuse me, forgot to specify, it outsold 3ds in Japan on the last numbers put out last Tuesday. Like I said, not doing well in the US :D

I don't own one, and I'd likely be more of a Vita TV guy, but supposedly Borderlands 2 is the guinea pig to see if Vita might be a worthy home for a lot of 360/PS3 hits before they die out.

I'd rather pick up the physical copy for a dollar or two more with GCU.. Space on my memory card is precious..

I concur with the Vita being awesome despite the lack of games

Off to play Frobisher Says

I'm tempted to get it on PSN with the plus discount this week. But I have a feeling it will be cheaper, so I might just wait.

I'm confused as to why people say there is a "lack" of games on the Vita.  AAA titles?  Possibly.... Especially with the news of all PS1 and PSP titles (digitally available on PSN) are now playable.  I have a 32GB, 2x16GB, 8GB, and 2x4GB memory cards pretty much maxed out with content (along with around 8 boxed games).

Actually take a look at the listing of games, if Sony killed the system today I'd still have a backlog to last me the next decade.

I'm confused as to why people say there is a "lack" of games on the Vita. AAA titles? Possibly.... Especially with the news of all PS1 and PSP titles (digitally available on PSN) are now playable. I have a 32GB, 2x16GB, 8GB, and 2x4GB memory cards pretty much maxed out with content (along with around 8 boxed games).

Actually take a look at the listing of games, if Sony killed the system today I'd still have a backlog to last me the next decade.
I don't get this attitude either. Maybe it's just one of those things that everyone says so everyone starts to believe it. Even if you don't count all the PSP/PS1 games (which adds loads of value), the Vita still has a pretty decent lineup of games. If you like Indie games, it's got you super covered. If you like first person shooters, it has one superb one and a few mediocre ones. If you like fighting games, there is NO BETTER PORTABLE out there for you. I hear it has some nice RPG's too (though I don't play those much anymore). There's also the whole cross-buy thing. Cross-buy is the single greatest thing ever in the history of portable gaming. And there's way more than what I've mentioned.

The Vita may be the underdog, and it's a shame that so many think that it suffers from a severe lack of games. LIke the previous poster mentioned. If it died today, the backlog would be immense.

On Topic: This seems like a good price. Even better with PSPlus through the playstation store. The fact that it's digital only kills the deal for me though. I just can't spare the space.

Also, I know a lot of people are giving the game a hard time because of the graphics, and I guess they should because it's ugly, but the fact that it plays well has to count for something, right? I remember playing some pretty awful fighting game ports that were ugly AND played poorly on handheld systems. Maybe we've all just been spoiled by how amazing the rest of the Vita's non-neatherealm fighting games have been ;).

bread's done
Back