Dragon Age Inquisition DELUXE pre-order (Amazon, GS)

ocbballer727

CAGiversary!
Just stopped into a gamestop and noticed they are taking pre-orders on the new Dragon Age Inquisitions on PS3, PS4, XBOX ONE and XBOX 360. It has a retail of $69.99 for the Deluxe and since the price on this Deluxe edition is only $10 more than the regular edition I assume this version will sell out quickly.

So, will the Digital Deluxe come w/ a Season Pass...?

EDIT:

C'mon, it's EA and BioWare - we know it'll have 9,000 DLC's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the extra/bonus content are all digital goods.  Thanks for the heads up, op, but pass for me.  Not paying for in-game stuff.

Figure I'll preorder a couple deluxe editions, and if they do sell out, maybe I can flip them. If not, I can cancel the proeders before they sh from amazon.
Last time, I was able to flip the Signature Edition for over 2X retail.

Not sure why everyone is giving the OP a hard time.  There are a lot of "deals" posted that really aren't.  Since this just got announced, someone might have missed out on this announcement.

Well then it belongs in the announcement thread...
Exactly. It's not a free preorder bonus or upgrade that people will miss out on if they don't preorder now. This is simply a cash grab by EA and a way to charge $10 above MSRP for the game for some crappy digital goods that are probably already on the game disc.

Not sure why everyone is giving the OP a hard time. There are a lot of "deals" posted that really aren't. Since this just got announced, someone might have missed out on this announcement.
Those same people will be the ones complaining when it sells out and they can't find a copy. Happens with pretty much every collector's edition thread.

Thanks Op for the heads up on this.  Wonder if there will be a real collectors edition.  The first game got a steelbook, but that was the extent of it, if I'm remembering correctly. 

Those same people will be the ones complaining when it sells out and they can't find a copy. Happens with pretty much every collector's edition thread.
Actually, it's not the collector's edition. According to their Twitter, that will be announced in the near future. This is literally just a version of the standard game with a few pieces of non-exclusive DLC that they are selling for $10 above MSRP. So no, nobody will be complaining about not being able to find a copy as it won't sell out and if it does, the DLC will be available for sale anyway.

Actually, it's not the collector's edition. According to their Twitter, that will be announced in the near future. This is literally just a version of the standard game with a few pieces of non-exclusive DLC that they are selling for $10 above MSRP. So no, nobody will be complaining about not being able to find a copy as it won't sell out and if it does, the DLC will be available for sale anyway.
I just wanna know if there'll be a Deluxe Collector's Ed...

It's crazy how uptight some people are on this site. OMG THIS ISNT A DEAL GO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE. Like seriously?
Well to be fair we're on the Video game deal board so.... Personally I like only seeing deals on this board and unless somethings hard to find continuously out of stock i dont think an msrp finding is a deal. Also the deluxe version is most likely to end up with a digital version as well.

For DLC completionists (I'm ashamed to count myself as one to an extent), Bioware has a history of putting much of their pre-order/CE exclusive in a safe and never releasing them again.  

Dragon Age - CE items.

Dragon AGE 2 - Craptons of pre-order and cross-promotional armor/weapons are no longer avilable

ME2 - Terminus Armor (Gamestop Exclusive) and CE items.  Cross-promotional DLC is no longer available.

ME3 - CE armor/weapons and N7 Warfare Gear (Gamestop Exclusive).  

In their single GOTY-type collection, Dragon Age Ultimate Collection, the CE items weren't even included.  Bioware seems hell bent on making you work for it if you really want all of the DLC.  I'm surprised that nobody at EA realized how much money they were leaving on the table and just released a $5 bundle a few months after release; their legal team probably just writes really crappy exclusivity contracts.

Well to be fair we're on the Video game deal board so.... Personally I like only seeing deals on this board and unless somethings hard to find continuously out of stock i dont think an msrp finding is a deal. Also the deluxe version is most likely to end up with a digital version as well.
Tell that to the folks crying about resellers ruining their shot at the Bravely Default or Tales of Symphonia CEs. There was threads just like this for those when they were announced.

I can understand wanting to only see deals on this board but people don't need to be so douchey about it. They act like it ruins the whole board and their life at that.

Dragon Age Origins is one of my all-time favorites. Inquisition was a big reason I decided to jump into this current generation of systems. So I've pre-ordered my copy from Amazon and will just wait... and wait... and wait.

Typical EA, charge extra for shit that nowadays are included free (games getting LE versions that are the same price as regular but include extra stuff. I.E. infamous ss among others).

Although I will end up getting whatever CE they announce because I'm a huge Bioware fan.

Typical EA, charge extra for shit that nowadays are included free (games getting LE versions that are the same price as regular but include extra stuff. I.E. infamous ss among others).

Although I will end up getting whatever CE they announce because I'm a huge Bioware fan.
Exactly. This should be included with the first print run of the game, but EA decides to charge $10 extra for it.

So, will the Digital Deluxe come w/ a Season Pass...?

EDIT:

C'mon, it's EA and BioWare - we know it'll have 9,000 DLC's.
I was going to come in here and be snarky and say "Oh it's probably just horse armor"...

IT'S ACTUALLY LITERAL HORSE ARMOR!!!

14HCI385_DAI_preorder_Horse_F3_718x305_72dpi._V337952540_.jpg

Tell that to the folks crying about resellers ruining their shot at the Bravely Default or Tales of Symphonia CEs. There was threads just like this for those when they were announced.
i addressed that though I said for rare ce's its a different story. Bravely default tales of symphona ni nu kuni collectors editions were very rare. I doubt the deluxe version for da3 will be rare. The series is almost as mainstream as mass effect.

So...$48 for the game or $56 for the Deluxe Edition at Best Buy...hopefully, they have cert's for this...me, I should have a $5 cert ready to use when I get my points redeemed.

I can understand wanting to only see deals on this board but people don't need to be so douchey about it. They act like it ruins the whole board and their life at that.
Of course, the people that insist that everything should qualify as a deal and don't understand why people that don't visit here multiple times a day might be upset when the board gets cluttered and they can't find actual deals aren't douchey, right? Personally, I find it annoying when threads like this pop up because I click thinking something is actually below MSRP or some truly limited item. It would be nice if for once the anything goes people would admit this isn't a deal and self-police their own threads and relocate them to an appropriate place other than the deals section.

bread's done
Back