RadioShack Gaming Clearence - $60 Kinect, $115 3DS

Lupuri

CAGiversary!
Very limited quanities on these items.
Xbox Kinect (SKU 260-1752) $59.97
Blk 3DS (SKU 260-2082) $114.97

Pretty sure there are discounts on some systems as well, might want to inquire with your local stores.

RadioShacks usually have similar things on clearance. I went to different stores to check out their conditions when I was applying for a job and a lot of the stuff was the same. Some were picked by the manager, but most clearance items matched up. Audio cable extensions and some motorized toys were marked at all stores.

My local RS has a 360 Kinect bundle w/ Disneyland and Kinect Adcentures for $199.99. Didn't bite on that, but picked up an XM radio for $49.99 with a $50 rebate.

As a former Radishack employee, I can say clearance is universal across stores. However, I worked there like 7 years ago so it could have changed, but knowing radioshack I doubt it

Would the ps3 160gb be a good investment at $100? I seem to recall them being sought after new for some reason.
If it's the slim and not the super slim, I'd say so. The super slims are cheap top-loading units. Yes, they are the smallest PS3's imaginable, but I think the most optimized design for performance has to be the Slim v1. I bought a refurb'd 160GB PS3 Slim from Sony in Jan 2013 to replace an old unit for $129 (after trading in my dead unit), upgraded with a bigger HDD...still works perfectly and is so effing quiet compared to the launch units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the following with randomly labelled clearance prices between two stores, didn't check if they were actually in stock:

Xbox 360 4 GB
Xbox 360 4 GB + Kinect bundle
Kinect bundle
3DS

Also:
Gigaware battery pack for Xbox 360 controllers
Xbox 360 Bluetooth headset
PS3 Bluetooth headset
Phillips Bluetooth soundbar
Lumix TS-20
Swann home security stuff
RS Bluetooth radio
Some Arduino stuff
Random toys

Picked up an Energizer LED lantern for $5 and a Toshiba 500 GB external drive for $30.

Found the following with randomly labelled clearance prices between two stores, didn't check if they were actually in stock:

Xbox 360 4 GB
Xbox 360 4 GB + Kinect bundle
Kinect bundle
3DS

Also:
Gigaware battery pack for Xbox 360 controllers
Xbox 360 Bluetooth headset
PS3 Bluetooth headset
Phillips Bluetooth soundbar
Lumix TS-20
Swann home security stuff
RS Bluetooth radio
Some Arduino stuff
Random toys

Picked up an Energizer LED lantern for $5 and a Toshiba 500 GB external drive for $30.
Can u post pictures of the led lantern and hard drive?

Any online inventory checkers for this?
best bet is to go to the store and ask for an inventory check. It should tell you which stores in your town have it in-stcok. however, you need the sku numbers i think. i rememebred you can get the sku from the site. not sure you can now if the item listing is removed.

best bet is to go to the store and ask for an inventory check. It should tell you which stores in your town have it in-stcok. however, you need the sku numbers i think. i rememebred you can get the sku from the site. not sure you can now if the item listing is removed.
Thanks! The very first store I called had one, and I used the SKU from the OP. You both rock!

bZkHVoF.png

I remember when I got mine black one with the cradle for $30 brand new two years ago when sears started drastically downsizing there game department lol
$30 really?

Anyway, I found a shop that sells the 3ds for $100. Is that worth it? Anyone know if the clearace items are all open box? I saw a 3ds empty box on display and the guy said that they have like two more. He said that it wasnt as popular as the ps3 and xbox 360.

Thanks! The very first store I called had one, and I used the SKU from the OP. You both rock!

bZkHVoF.png
Nice find. Radio shack clearance YMMV? My store has it for $99. Anyone know if they do price adjustments or return purchase within the return policy? Anyone know is it 15 or 30 day?

Nice find. Radio shack clearance YMMV? My store has it for $99. Anyone know if they do price adjustments or return purchase within the return policy? Anyone know is it 15 or 30 day?
My receipt seems to give 30 days for a return. I might try to do a return/rebuy for that $99 price. I'll post results if I do.

$30 really?

Anyway, I found a shop that sells the 3ds for $100. Is that worth it? Anyone know if the clearace items are all open box? I saw a 3ds empty box on display and the guy said that they have like two more. He said that it wasnt as popular as the ps3 and xbox 360.
All items at RadioShack can potentially be open box, but they won't tell you. When I worked there my manager and the guys that worked with me used to open everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) and play with it, then sell it to unaware customers. Other stores in our district would do it to. They claimed it helped them sell the product :/

Edit: Also, never buy the keyboard cleaners from there. We used to have fights with them (stick them upside down, shake, cold air comes out) I think the video of them scaring me with it is on YouTube still actually, now that I think about it.

All items at RadioShack can potentially be open box, but they won't tell you. When I worked there my manager and the guys that worked with me used to open everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) and play with it, then sell it to unaware customers. Other stores in our district would do it to. They claimed it helped them sell the product :/

Edit: Also, never buy the keyboard cleaners from there. We used to have fights with them (stick them upside down, shake, cold air comes out) I think the video of them scaring me with it is on YouTube still actually, now that I think about it.
Do you know if Radioshack has those stickers like the ones used at Gamestop to reapply making it appear new? Gamestop has those stickers when customers buy a "new" game.

Do you know if Radioshack has those stickers like the ones used at Gamestop to reapply making it appear new? Gamestop has those stickers when customers buy a "new" game.
Back when I worked there we had no stickers, if you mean like the price/barcode ones? As far as the electronics we had, those clear sticker things that seal them came off easy and reapplied just as easy

Don't think it's any different now

Thanks OP! Picked up a black 3ds for 100! The guy said if he knew they had it in stock that it'd be his. I'm kind of nervous now though after hearing that radio shack employees take off those round shape stickers and play with the products inside the box. Is there anyway I could check this?

Thanks OP! Picked up a black 3ds for 100! The guy said if he knew they had it in stock that it'd be his. I'm kind of nervous now though after hearing that radio shack employees take off those round shape stickers and play with the products inside the box. Is there anyway I could check this?
Usually those stickers are very hard to get off without ripping the box. Usually most people just cut them with a knife. Just open the packaging you should be able to tell. For example the power cord may not be wrapped up right,Finger prints on the console, console is already setup. etc.

Usually those stickers are very hard to get off without ripping the box. Usually most people just cut them with a knife. Just open the packaging you should be able to tell. For example the power cord may not be wrapped up right,Finger prints on the console, console is already setup. etc.
Thanks for the helpful tips! I'm planning on opening it tomorrow . Doesn't seem like it's been open though. The RadioShack guys told me they didn't even know they had one in stock til I called in so that's probably a good sign it was never played with.

I was able to do the return/rebuy for the $99 price. The employees also said they don't have any problems with returns, even clearance items, unless they are phones. They didn't elaborate on what happens with phones.

Also, I managed to find another one in another store, but it was clearly previously opened. They put new clear circular stickers over the broken ones. Thanks to whoever said to be wary of previously opened merchandise!

I was able to do the return/rebuy for the $99 price. The employees also said they don't have any problems with returns, even clearance items, unless they are phones. They didn't elaborate on what happens with phones.

Also, I managed to find another one in another store, but it was clearly previously opened. They put new clear circular stickers over the broken ones. Thanks to whoever said to be wary of previously opened merchandise!
Do ui know what is the return or exchange policy?

Do ui know what is the return or exchange policy?
Both can be done within 30 days of purchase. I also see this beauty in their return policy text: "Where RadioShack determines that a returned item has not been subjected to any prior use, the returned item is sold as new." Super shady stuff, hahaha.

Items like games and consols and such aren't sold after the box is opened. These items are returned to the vendor for full credit, not resold. Now things like say, the gigaware battery pack for the 360, those are repacked and resold.

Called the Radio Shack on La Brea (Los Angeles) and they had one black 3DS in stock for $99. Thought about picking it up (and I know I'm in the minority here) but I can't put my Vita down. 

Items like games and consols and such aren't sold after the box is opened. These items are returned to the vendor for full credit, not resold.
Sure, dude. I'll believe you over the clearly previously opened box in my hands.

I'm looking for a ps3 later this week. If I run into a black 3ds, any cag want me to pick it up for them ? Pm me.

Note: anyone have the forza 4 fuzzy dice?

bread's done
Back