Arrow

I'm watching the season finale right now. wtf is with this twist almost thirty minutes into it? It came from nowhere.

Next commercial break: I think I know where it's going.

Next: I knew it.

Dammit, somebody join the thread. I'm having a conversation with myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next season looks to be interesting on the Island. I really was hoping for Olicity to happen. Maybe...just maybe.

He's not going to be on the island, which is kinda stupid, but they didn't outline it well in the first place, so whatever. Hopefully, it won't turn into a mess like Supernatural.

Finale was good. Really enjoyed the season. My girlfriend and I both suspected something was fishy with Oliver's proclamation of love for Felicity, especially seeing as it came right after she said that he had to let Slade outthink him. Glad that he let Slade live. Really happy that Thea will be out of the way. So annoying. Curious to see how Oliver is gonna end up back on the island.

Want to be excited for the Flash, but I don't like the outfit. And the goofy cockiness of the character seems more suited for Wally than Barry. But we shall see.

Finale was good. Really enjoyed the season. My girlfriend and I both suspected something was fishy with Oliver's proclamation of love for Felicity, especially seeing as it came right after she said that he had to let Slade outthink him. Glad that he let Slade live. Really happy that Thea will be out of the way. So annoying. Curious to see how Oliver is gonna end up back on the island.

Want to be excited for the Flash, but I don't like the outfit. And the goofy cockiness of the character seems more suited for Wally than Barry. But we shall see.
yeah, i don't like the outfit for the flash, it looks kinda off. but i will still watch it

Finale was good, but the whole season was like a pit rather than a bell. We find out in the middle of the season that Oliver has been reckless and irresponsible, making sure his company goes under because he's obsessing over Slade Wilson? What exactly has he been doing besides harassing his mafia buddies.

I'm going to miss Sara, and I hope Larry doesn't die! I'm going to be very sad.

Thea will definitely still be around. Barrowman was announced as a regular cast member for S3. If he's there, it's most likely to train Thea and be a problem for Ollie.

Agreed about Detective Lance. I really like his character.

Next season I predict a whole bunch of scenes with Waller telling Oliver that she owes him (or vice versa) for something that is going to appear in that episodes flashback scene.   The show seems to have a knack for only relaying information known to Oliver once it has been shown in flashback.

I hate characters/plot points, in any show/movie, where someone over-reacts to something that could have easily been explained in a real life situation.  Granted Thea had a ton of bad things thrown at her, but still.  If she turns into a villain just to screw with Oliver, that will be annoying.

The CW seemed to be crammed every time they announced a new show. Surely they could've save Star-Crossed if it was that popular, especially as a summer program like America's Next Top Model. Anyway, the network should really learn not to patronize its viewers if it wants to be free of that "teenager audience" mold, even if its newest shows don't take place in high school. I like Arrow, but the dialogue is really cringe worthy, as if the audience won't understand a higher level of vocabulary or subtlety.

The way I read your post, I thought The Flash had already aired and episode 8 was coming soon. I was worried for a minute.

I'm glad the Supernatural spinoff failed. I saw that coming though. That pilot episode was terrible.

Was that a sneaky name change to Star City I saw? As someone who doesn't read comics I quite like Starling City over Star City

Was that a sneaky name change to Star City I saw? As someone who doesn't read comics I quite like Starling City over Star City
It looks like a presentation for renaming (restructuring, rebranding, etc...) The city. Oliver definitely called it Starling City earlier in the trailer.

Starling City is a Star City. -Beginning of season 2.

Whaaat? Ray Palmer was dead for 10 years? So he did invent the shrinking tech.

Felicity can't die? But how's she gonna meet Ed Raymond?

Pretty sure you're right. Sara gave Laurel her jacket at the end of the season. Cassidy also posted some pictures of her working out awhile back, and she seems to have buffed up a tad in preparation for the role.

Always liked blonde Katie Cassidy better.

I hope this means faster fight scenes. The first Canary really slowed down the fighting.

Unless there's a scene where The Atom shrinks down, jumps into someone's mouth and then explodes them by re-growing, my only reaction to him being on Arrow is an eye-roll.

Wow. So many months after CaseyRyback's trolling, here we are.

The Flash premieres next Tuesday and Arrow premieres next Wednesday at 8 pm. Don't forget.

And arrow season 2 isn't on netflix.  Add to this that Flash is coming on the night/ time when there's already too much crap for my family.

And arrow season 2 isn't on netflix. Add to this that Flash is coming on the night/ time when there's already too much crap for my family.
If you are interested in checking it out, it looks like they are going to air repeats of the previous night's Flash for 2 weeks after Arrow on Wednesdays.

Uber-excited for Season 3. Interested in watching The Flash, too, even though I am skeptical about how good an actual super-powered hero is gonna do on the small screen.

I like this show. Amell's acting is pretty crummy though.
Especially the parts where he's being serious. He's okay when he starts smiling because he's actually enjoying the dialogue.

Uber-excited for Season 3. Interested in watching The Flash, too, even though I am skeptical about how good an actual super-powered hero is gonna do on the small screen.
It's like Smallville, but they cut right into the pleather.

Now that I think about it, is Clark's jacket the same material as The Flash's suit?

lol

I totally forgot about The Flash. I was too busy trading games at Wal-Mart and fixing most of the issues the employees caused.

That RPG scene was like lolwut?

The Flash is on after Arrow, in case anyone missed it.
That was a repeat to tide the CW over until the 100 comes back. What is really killing me is 9:00 on Tuesday, which is a storm. Agents of Shield, Mindy Project, Supernatural, two of which I regularly watch on at the same time.

That was a repeat to tide the CW over until the 100 comes back. What is really killing me is 9:00 on Tuesday, which is a storm. Agents of Shield, Mindy Project, Supernatural, two of which I regularly watch on at the same time.
Yeah, which is why I said in case anyone missed it. :p

I saw it and it was mediocre. They totally ignored the Felicity relationship.

Dude, just drop Supernatural already.

Arrow was okay. I didn't like the B-T-W lines. They were awkward as frack. Roy's suit looks better than Oliver's suit. Was it just the color? I didn't understand the last part. Was that meant to be Merlyn? He had a voice disguise thing and the other assassins don't use them because they don't need them. She already knew about Merlyn anyway, so I don't know what's up.

I didn't realize that was Brandon Routh until I read this thread :lol:  I said to my wife, that really looks like superman, but never connected it.

I enjoyed both shows.  I didn't think I liked the Flash costume, but it didn't look that bad honestly.  Merlyn was the first person to pop into my head at the end, but who knows.

I was reading about the Easter eggs and DC references in this week's episode. Missed that one of the boxers in that bout was Ted Grant.

Liked that they alluded to Palmer being The Atom with the device he removed from his belt, but apparently, he will not be doing any shrinking, at least not on Arrow.

I didn't realize that was Brandon Routh until I read this thread :lol: I said to my wife, that really looks like superman, but never connected it.

I enjoyed both shows. I didn't think I liked the Flash costume, but it didn't look that bad honestly. Merlyn was the first person to pop into my head at the end, but who knows.
Yeah. They did a decent job with the suit in the special effects. I think it looks weird outside that.

I disagree. Roy's costume looks too fetishy, like Nomura-circa 99 designed the damned thing.

Ray Palmer was great, but you know what could be clever? Brandon Routh as Nightwing. But Palmer is written as a much different character than Clark Kent, so whatever.

Was that meant to be Merlyn? He had a voice disguise thing and the other assassins don't use them because they don't need them. She already knew about Merlyn anyway, so I don't know what's up.
My guess is 1 of 2 things:

1. She wasn't surprised that Malcolm was alive, she was confused as to why the LoS would send him to Starling City as she was supposed to be the only one there on a mission.

2. It was Thea

I'm leaning more towards #1 as I think they would have revealed that it was Thea after the arrows were fired. Though the black arrows & voice changer could be a big misdirect to get everyone to think it was Malcolm.

bread's done
Back